Totally owned that cop.. - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-19-2005, 10:19 PM   #11
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
think of ORPs as peace pipes man dont wig
^ Too damn funny

EDIT: Just wanted to add that although I don't agree with SVTmonkey on this topic, I do think that it's cool that he feels strongly enough about something (this topic) to always post his largely unpopular opinion on it. It's good that someone is at least trying to make sure both sides of the story are told, you know for the benefit of the FNG's

04 SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"

Last edited by LastRites; 08-19-2005 at 10:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2005, 09:35 AM   #12
focustech
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13262
What I Drive: 2004 svt focus

FF Reputation: 1 focustech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
had a 95 f-150 they didn't make an orp for that so I had the cats gutted, had no problem passing texas dyno emissions, better than most cars with cats so if you maintain you veh and its in working order the emissions will be fine with or with out a cat, but uncle sam needs your money
Old 08-20-2005, 10:22 AM   #13
svtfiend
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22268
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ST

FF Reputation: 1 svtfiend Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
ya know, i looked at this thread, not only because i am an orp owner, but also because i just had to read what the finger pointing monkey had to say about the "evil orp owner" who wrote it. i love the pipe. i suggest a borla muffler if you try to remove the resonator and you're unsatisfied. i've got the borla cat back (freebie with the car) and it sounds so bad @$$ with the orp. i was thinking up a couple of good lines to tell cops, if i ever get pulled over, when i first got my orp... but to tell you the truth even if a cop looks underneath and you have a cat on, they wont be able to see the whole thing because our cars sit so damn low, just the part that connects to the header. plus it curves up in there anyways. he'd have to jack it or ramp it and crawl under just to REALLY check. just say you have a catback exhaust with or w/o a high flo cat, an intake, and maybe even throw the fact that these cars run higher compression than the damn V8 in his sqad car!!! but, i too, have accidentally went by cops getting on it pretty good, and they haven't seemed to bother. of course i live in the stix.... in wisconsin..... yay..... BUSH SUCKS!!!!!!!! you're still cool in my book svtmonkey! you crack me up, and you seem like a very smart conversationalist with strong convictions. Ford power!
Old 08-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #14
Fordson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13118
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed SVT 5-door, loaded -

FF Reputation: 1 Fordson Good Standing Member
I am with SVTMonkey. The most you lose to keep it clean is maybe 2 or 3 hp if you get a high-flow cat. Also, the cop that guy ran into was dumb - all he had to do was tell him to start the engine again and just take a whiff - no need to crawl around on the ground. $2,500 - that's big fine, man.

Finally, there is just something I don't like about paying $190 for a piece of pipe with a couple of flanges on it. I would rather pay $360 for the RT cat and get something that actually is worth it from the standpoint of materials and labor.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:27 AM   #15
pspringe
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I agree with Fordson. Is it really worth the gains? Do you realize the CAT makes a huge difference in the emissions your car polutes? I'm not a "treehugger", but give me a break. It's only a matter of time before you get caught.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:08 PM   #16
cliff4ever
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8616
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-red ZX3 w/ 2.3PZEV 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 1 cliff4ever Good Standing Member
I hope you do get caught. Your polluting the environment for no good reason, except to be more ricey.

Put the cat back in you tool. Stop killing us with your exhaust. The cat is there for a reason.

And that goes for everyone that has removed there cat and still drives out on the street. Save that for the race cars, please.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:51 PM   #17
svtfiend
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22268
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ST

FF Reputation: 1 svtfiend Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i don't see why its okay for race car drivers, and not us. aren't they polluting just as much if now more, than we are? when i bought all my stuff, i got the package deal at cfm for the tb & orp. i was able to buy more stuff going the cheaper route and getting the orp, and i don't have emissions around here. i'm sure i'll get a hi flow within a year. i'd really like to see a dyno comparison of the too, but i'm sure the hi flow does a pretty good job of opening up the top end, also. it screams with the orp, and i don't just mean noise wise, but the acceleration after 5gs is insane, especially after the dsi kicks in. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! don't hate on us, and don't spend your whole life worrying about pollution in the world, when that'll be the last thing that'll kill anyone in this country with the government we got representing us!!!
Old 08-20-2005, 03:59 PM   #18
chris_watkins87
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19354
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 chris_watkins87 Good Standing Member
actually whats funny is in MOST states a cop has to be certified in something i forgot what its called but they have to be certified to look under your hood and ticket you for anything other than the obvious GROUND CLEARANCE for example blacked out tail lights and so forth...you lucked out!!!!

watch out putting that stuff on here too some cops and dealerships read this stuff so if you blow a motor and are tryin to get the dealer to pay for it dont tell us about it before its fixed lol

ITS HAPPENED but yea that was a funny story
Old 08-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #19
chris_watkins87
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19354
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 chris_watkins87 Good Standing Member
o and about pollution seriously ONE person isnt gonna make a difference and theres more fuel burned in race cars all over the US than in everyday drivers (THIS IS A FACT) so if you save it for the track its the same thing or worse....but you'll be dead before a dirty planet will kill you, besides this is a focus chat not a political or environmental chat!!! ;)
Old 08-20-2005, 04:08 PM   #20
Rych
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10165
What I Drive: SVT IR, 03

FF Reputation: 1 Rych Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I find it interesting how selective people are about what they are against and what they accept. So do you anti-ORP people express your emissions views to everyone who owns a diesel powered vehicle? I'm sure you know what kind of emissions diesel fuel puts out right... 99% of them don't have a catalyst device. And for certain compounds like NOx, heavy duty trucks don't have an upper limit.

In addition. A well tuned car doesn't even need a cat. The focus is a low emissions vehicle, unless your tune is way off the cat does very little. People pass emissions tests without cats all the time.

98 3.8L Mustang Auto
heads,cam,nitrous
13.20 @ 102MPH (stock suspension, street radials)
1.9 60'

Bookmarks & Social Networks