Totally owned that cop.. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-19-2005, 04:15 PM   #1
BOM KRON
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14282
What I Drive: 03' SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 BOM KRON Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Totally owned that cop..

Allright so i was on my way home from work just casually driving when i notice a bike cop behind me with his lights on. I pull over to the side and the cop asks for the usual information then says "sir i pulled you over because of your exhaust". At first my heart dropped cuz i live in Cali and i have an ORP but i quickly replied "theres nothing wrong with my exhaust officer, my car is completely stock besides a cold air intake i just added". He gives me a puzzled look and proceeds to look under my car. At this point i thought i was done for...being that not having a CAT on a new focus means big time fines in this lovely state i live in. The cop now gets back up and says "well sir everything looks good under here, i suppose your intake is causing the excess noise. Have a good day." and he took off. I just sat there in dis-belief...then after about 30 seconds of that i just started busting up in laughter. I guess the cop had no idea what the hell he was looking at when he went under the car.

Anyways just thought id share this with all the ORP owners in here. That totally made my day.

On a side note (and the reason this is in performance chat)...has anyone experimented with different mufflers to try and give the car more of a rich sound and not so ricey cuz of the ORP? I'm not about to spend hundreds on a new exhaust but i would be willing to get a muffler if it helps.

Favorite FF Quote: "My check engine light has been on for awhile but I put a sticker over it so i didnt have to look at it"
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2005, 04:29 PM   #2
SVTmonkey
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9482
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 SVTmonkey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
You were laughing? Just be thankful that this cop didn't know what he was looking for, cause otherwise you would have been walking away with a $2500 fine for breaking a federal law. If I were you, I would count myself lucky and head to the nearest shop to get a CAT installed. Unless you want to wait for the next cop who will know what he's looking for.

Please, do everyone a favour and put that thing back on.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #3
blkZX32005
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 26857
What I Drive: 2014 Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 blkZX32005 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
lucky dog but i would look into a hi flow cat............
FS CAI, Custom Eyelids, Silver star head lights and turns, FC Strut Bar, OBX stainless exhaust, blue interior LED's LED tail light bulbs, gold 17" Kyowa race wheels with nitto neogen tires......more to come....
Old 08-19-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
BOM KRON
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14282
What I Drive: 03' SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 BOM KRON Good Standing Member
SVTmonkey do u HAVE to preach to every ORP owner? We all know your views so please stop repeating the same damn thing in every one of your posts having to do with an ORP...I obviously know the consequences and i bought this thing before hi-flow cats were even available. When i get the 300 some dollars that it costs i'll consider it.

I just posted this cause i thought it was a funny story so thanks for immediate negativity on the subject .

This topic was for the ORP owners out there to read... i'd like to know about the muffler if anyone has any experience with that. Thanks

Favorite FF Quote: "My check engine light has been on for awhile but I put a sticker over it so i didnt have to look at it"
Old 08-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #5
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,634, Level 78
Points: 14,634, Level: 78 Points: 14,634, Level: 78 Points: 14,634, Level: 78
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
as far as a muffler, to get rid of the ricy sound. i found my resonator was most of the problem. pulled it and replaced with a straight piece of pipe. got rid of the tinney sound and gave it a throaty sound .
and yes...i run an orp, mil eliminator,flex, and 2.5" bassani stainless full catback w/o the res.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #6
Evan_Murphy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1286
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Evan_Murphy Good Standing Member
yay for the RT cat hehe
Old 08-19-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
Yup, I blew past a cop pulling radar one night with the ORP on hitting about 5,000 RPM's, Didn't get pulled either. I guess some of them either just don't care or are too rockheaded to figure it out.

04 SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"
Old 08-19-2005, 07:21 PM   #8
no_peg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18993
What I Drive: '02 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 no_peg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
wow ahaha thats a good one! Talk about luck!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:26 PM   #9
Hillyard
Supercharged

Fan#: 10982
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 SVT, 2004 Ford Ranger 4x4

Points 13,364, Level 75
Points: 13,364, Level: 75 Points: 13,364, Level: 75 Points: 13,364, Level: 75
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Hillyard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
Wouldn't say you owned him but rather lucked out. He was probably just checking up on ya and needed a reason to make sure you weren't doing something illegal.
#3788 InfraRed SVT
Hill <><
Old 08-19-2005, 10:59 PM   #10
EURO04SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5280
What I Drive: 2006 FUSION SEL

FF Reputation: 1 EURO04SVT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTmonkey
You were laughing? Just be thankful that this cop didn't know what he was looking for, cause otherwise you would have been walking away with a $2500 fine for breaking a federal law. If I were you, I would count myself lucky and head to the nearest shop to get a CAT installed. Unless you want to wait for the next cop who will know what he's looking for.

Please, do everyone a favour and put that thing back on.

You should get your cat removed then take a few puffs off the tailpipe and relax. SVTmonkey I dig treehuggers and all cuz we need people like you but damn you are like flies on $hit to a ORP thread . If our world meets its demise anytime soon it will be natural disaster or do to world leaders not Off Road Pipes dude. SVTmonkey think of ORPs as peace pipes man dont wig.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.