"How To" Broken DSI Clip Fix - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-23-2006, 01:55 PM   #51
daddio69
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 35355
What I Drive: 2002 INFRA-RED SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 daddio69 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
well after looking and looking i finally found somewhere to do this-thanks alot man i really really appreciate it-but let me ask you-i did everything just as you stated to do and the noise stops-but when i shut my car off and re-start it the noise comes back for like maybe 5 sec. then its gone-did i do something wrong or is there a quick fix-i disconnected the battery and re-programmed but it still does it only on start up??????
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2006, 05:13 PM   #52
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
^^^You're cool...don't worry.
You'll hear that noise at start up, because when you shut the car off, the DSI defaults back to the short runner position.
When you fire it up, the IMRC will pull the DSI back to the long runner position.
Perfectly normal.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #53
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

Points 4,131, Level 40
Points: 4,131, Level: 40 Points: 4,131, Level: 40 Points: 4,131, Level: 40
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 22 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Wow, my mechanic Rojas must of saw this thread when he was fixing my broken shifter linkage cables (yeah right!). When I picked it up I noticed a bolt driven thru the clip. Must of pulled the DSI wire too hard when installing the cables.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:53 PM   #54
daddio69
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 35355
What I Drive: 2002 INFRA-RED SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 daddio69 Good Standing Member
well i have never heard that noise before-it is making the same noise that it did when the cable was off-the only difference is now it only last for 5 sec. or so-plus my check engine light is still on-i triple checked and the bolt is still hilding the wire on so i have no idea what it could be-
Old 07-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #55
TacBear
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 17195
What I Drive: Sonic Blue SVT 3 door #3601 of 4788

FF Reputation: 1 TacBear Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by daddio69
well after looking and looking i finally found somewhere to do this-thanks alot man i really really appreciate it-but let me ask you-i did everything just as you stated to do and the noise stops-but when i shut my car off and re-start it the noise comes back for like maybe 5 sec. then its gone-did i do something wrong or is there a quick fix-i disconnected the battery and re-programmed but it still does it only on start up??????
I fixed the DSI Clip and mine does the same thing on start up--I hear the actuator pull the cable 4-5 times then it stops and my check engine light comes on. The code is "Intake runner stuck open".

Does this mean the actuator is bad? When the clip first broke my wife drove the car with the actuator making noise for about 50 miles.
2002 Supercharged DSG Harley Davidson F150 #6549 of 12,000 14.75@94
2002 SVT Sonic Blue Focus #3601 of 4788
2000 Mustang GT Vortech V2 SQ trim (white Cobra"R" clone) 12.90@110 spinning in 2nd and 3rd.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:20 AM   #56
Jason2o
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 36872
What I Drive: 2002 Black w/blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Jason2o Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by TacBear
I fixed the DSI Clip and mine does the same thing on start up--I hear the actuator pull the cable 4-5 times then it stops and my check engine light comes on. The code is "Intake runner stuck open".

Does this mean the actuator is bad? When the clip first broke my wife drove the car with the actuator making noise for about 50 miles.
I have this exact problem as well what ever came of it?? Except i dont have the cel and error code..

Jason

Edit: Fixed the DSI clip mine was broken but i still get the throttle pulsing on startup..?!

EDIT: ALSO A QUICK NOTE, THE CAR PASSES CALIFORNIA SMOG WITH NO PROBLEMS WITH THE DSI CLIP BROKEN AND THE RUNNERS SPRINGING TO DEFAULT POSITION. JUST AN FYI..

Last edited by Jason2o; 08-28-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:06 PM   #57
Raziel510
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2098
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Raziel510 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I got the same problem as TacBear, fixed up the clip, turned on engine and noise cycles like 4-5 times and then CEL comes on. says intake runner stuck open/closed

Where can I get the parts to fix this problem? I miss my DSI
Old 10-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #58
RocFoc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 34856
What I Drive: 02 Black SVT ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 RocFoc Good Standing Member
Sounds to me like the screw was run in too far, and it is interfering with the rotation of the DSI unit. See if you can swing it fully by hand with no binding.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #59
dundadda
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10911
What I Drive: Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 dundadda Good Standing Member
Mine does the same thing with the 5 second noise and the CEL code and i did not use a screw to reattach the actuator cable i drilled out the reminder of the post and stuck the end of the cable in the broken ckip ands squirted a whole bunch of superglue on it.

I actually had assumed that the cable was a little slack as a result of my jimmy rigging and thought that was the cause of the actuator noise. Has anyone had a broken clip replaced and had no issues with the 5 second noise at startup?

I really want to replace the clip with the Central Florida Motorsports all metal one i purchaced but i just cant get the old clip off its post. I really do not want to fully dissasemble the whole assembly just to replace the clip. I tried popping the lock ring off the post and pulling on the clip and it does not budge.

Any ideas?

Scott
Old 10-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #60
Raziel510
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2098
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Raziel510 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
hmmm, ok I tried to move it by hand and there was a lil bit of binding. So i readjusted the screw and then tried to move it by hand again. No binding the second time around. Cleared the CEL with the SCT tuner got codes P0135 and P1518, started her up and the noise is still there so took it out for a test run, nothing out of the ordinary. Came back to my driveway and turned her off then back on and noise cycles again and CEL came back on, so does this mean that I need to replace the whole DSI unit???

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.