Why street racing is dumb - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-29-2005, 09:26 PM   #1
Hexx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18117
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3 S

FF Reputation: 1 Hexx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Why street racing is dumb

Tonight, a Merc tried to race me....

It started off with me speeding up to get by a guy (2 lanes on my side - in town mind you)....the Merc was behind me, got on my right, got even with my car, gave it a little juice...kinda a nudge to say "lets go."

We we rolling, and I said ah what the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* (even though there are mad cops out tonight)....I wasnt really saying "lets race" but the road was clear up ahead, etc.

We werernt neck and neck when he took off....I was half way up his car. I didnt even know when this "race" took place...err started. He just slammed his gas and took off a little, I hit mine to catch up...I never really caught up to him, and only lost a little ground because I wasnt "ready."

I dont remember the model, but my friend that was with me says it looked like a lower end.

When this kid (yeah, a kid go figure) was a car length ahead of me (i let off my gas because I didnt want to risk getting pulled over...) he threw me the peace sign out his window....WTF!?

Apparently he thought he won this mysterious race....

So. We came to another stop light, took off slow...at a roll, neck and neck again...I wanted to play his game...but again, I wasnt being 100% serious due to the amount of cops out tonight. I hit my gas and took off. I was ahead by half car length, shifted into 2nd, hit rev limiter because if I shifted into 3rd and punched it, I would really go over speed limit....thats a no no lol.

Anyways...i shifted into 3rd but let off the gas to coast. He is still in his "race" and I DID push on my brake before he passed me...which should have signaled that "look guy, Im not really racing." He flys by, then hits his brakes, and pulls into Pizza hut...I give him the peace sign - its only fair that I won.

To be honest I dont even know why Im posting this thread...bored I guess. This post isnt to say "I owned his car, Mercs suck" no, its more of "what the hell happened tonight????" How is just taking off from a roll, no signal, no hand gesture, no nothing...how is that even a race??? Even honking of the horns is dumb....when do you stop? Is it when you are a car length ahead of the other guy? What if all his power is in 3rd gear and you are winning in 2nd?

Wow...just wow. This is one reason why I bring it to the track....or auto x more now...since that has more "skill."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
I Nvr Wn
Focus Addict

Fan#: 16109
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZTS 5/sd

FF Reputation: 1 I Nvr Wn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
very random post but thank you for the entertaining story

Inside: Kenwood KDC-MP628 headunit, Aluminum A/C Knobs, Aluminum Focus RS shift knob

Have you ever worked with an ERP or CRM software? If so let me know!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
SoCalDuratec
Livin' it up in Cali

Fan#: 9170
What I Drive: 2004 Blue D23E

FF Reputation: 1 SoCalDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Interesting story, funny none the less.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #4
DaZeDFoCuS
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8854
What I Drive: 02 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 2 DaZeDFoCuS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
yay

Remember these 3 words: cheap, reliable, fast.
You can have 2 of them, but the third will not apply.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
Bboybean
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24404
What I Drive: 2005 ZXR ST

FF Reputation: 1 Bboybean Good Standing Member
You were probably wise to listen to your Jedi sense about the fuzz. Street racing is dumb , Iv done it and Im not proud (but the ST's are just amazing). La La La ... I raced a accord yesterday . I bought a 2l of milk and dropped it in the store. Yes smokes do cost alot up here in canada.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:02 PM   #6
Mach6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 19529
What I Drive: 2002 Gray ZTS [Mach Audio]

FF Reputation: 1 Mach6 Good Standing Member
whats fun with people like that is to egg them on, rev your engine, nod your head etc... let the tear off and fly down the road and dont even follow them... just put along and hope the happen to get spotted by a cop, but if nothing else it'll piss them off.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
^^^ that is quite entertaining, lol

especially when you see them get pulled over by a speed trap you knew was there all along, lol
Old 08-11-2005, 01:21 PM   #8
Focus Racer S2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14203
What I Drive: 2002 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX3 ATX

FF Reputation: 1 Focus Racer S2 Good Standing Member
Dude Ive street raced since Im allowed to drive. Got my licence when I was 16 Im 20 now and Ive gotta say street racing is sometimes more exiting and much better than racing the track or the quarter mile. I love it specially when we do it on the Highway. You know what we do sometimes when we are on wur way back from the track and were on the highway we race.
One of us goes ahead to see who wins and the others stay back and slow down holding off the traffic. So the ones that will race can slow down and get to a good rolling speed when they floor it we floor it behind them and then we do it over and over again till we get of the highway the we just stop at a light and we all raced against each other.

How we do it on the highway. Well like this:

1 or 2 people go on ahead to tell who wins and make sure there are no cops after they give us a signal the ones who race move to the middle of the formation and the rest of us stay behind. For the ones in the middle to slow down and get to a good gear and rolling speed the ones in the back block all the lanes and slow down to hold of traffic behind us and give the ones who race some space and clearance then when they floor it we floor it behind them then we keep on going we change racers and we go on and on doing the same thing till we get of the highway. IT'S FUN AS HELL. And you see some pretty good races too.

To me street racing is more exiting more fun and more challenging than racing the quarter mile or the track. That's my opinion.
<---<<Zetec Crew #66 / ATX Faction #21>>-->
To modify or not to modify ? ? ? That is the question right now ! ! !
Old 08-11-2005, 01:33 PM   #9
BlackNRed01
Boost?

Fan#: 21668
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 4 BlackNRed01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
entertaining story....

Boosted & Back: Parting Out
Old 08-11-2005, 02:30 PM   #10
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
street racing is more fun, but I have witnessed a death in person. Kinda calms you down after that.....racing on the highway with other cars is begging fate to manslaughter someone.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->