'03 Focus SVT.....Tire Problem - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-29-2005, 02:20 PM   #1
DMITCHELL028
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 21505
What I Drive: 2003 PITCH BLACK, FORD FOCUS SVT

FF Reputation: 1 DMITCHELL028 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
'03 Focus SVT.....Tire Problem

I have a '03 SVT focus. I have already put two sets of tires on it. The conti's wore funny in the rear and the dealer said it was nothing to worry about. Well, i bought some Fuzions and they did good, but now they have wore funny in the rear, by funny i mean, they are wavey and its causing my focus to keep this shimmy. I have had the car aligned twice and i have even replace two rims and still nothing. Does anyone have any kind of idea whats going on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
b16sir1991
Focused Focus

Fan#: 16612
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Focus, Sonic Blue

FF Reputation: 175 b16sir1991 Excellent Standing Memberb16sir1991 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (116)
Your car needs to be aligned. If they tell you its ok, thats BS. Find somebody that really knows what they are doing.

Oct 2005 Ride of the month.
SVT Squad #25
Call me Mike......

Give rep points and feedback when you appreciate someone on here!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #3
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Does the alignment place give you a printout of before and after?

I always just go to Sears, and they give me one before, and if any of the figures are highlighted in Red they're out of factory spec ranges. So then they do a laser/computer alignment and bring back the same type of sheet, only everything's Green.

Also, and I could be totally wrong, but could there be an issue with the rear wheel bearings? I don't know why that occurred to me, just thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:28 PM   #4
Kyllgore
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1506
What I Drive: '03 ZX3 MTX pitch black,

FF Reputation: 1 Kyllgore Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
anyone else hear about this tsb about our rear tires wearign improperly?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
DMITCHELL028
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 21505
What I Drive: 2003 PITCH BLACK, FORD FOCUS SVT

FF Reputation: 1 DMITCHELL028 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The first time, the dealership told me everything was fine. Well, the second time, when i replaced the two rims, i took it to the local collision repair shop and he aligned it for me. When he aligned it, he said he didnt even know how i was driving the car, cause the rear end was so far outta lign. And it seemed to help some but i still have the problem, i am fixing to replace the tires again and see if i make any progress on it, but it puzzles me to all end. Right now, my right rear is almost bald except for wear the waves go up and the left side isnt that bad yet but its not great. It def drives me crazy, cause the vibration will get on your nerves after awhile.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #6
crazymechanic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
there is a TSB, #03-13-5

new revised +1 degree camber control arms have been released. if your vehicle shows inner tire wear and the alignment readings show more than -2.3 degrees camber on the rear, then these new control arms can be used to correct the problem. this repair is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty, but after that expect to pay. labor times are 1.1 hours if you only need one control arm, and about 1.5 hours if need both. these labor time INCLUDE the setting of toe angles.

this tsb did not make any reference to SVT vehicles, so your best argument is that the TSB did not EXCLUDE the svt's. this tsb applies to 2000-2004 focuses
Old 08-01-2005, 05:53 PM   #7
svtstu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24166
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 svtstu Good Standing Member
unless you change tires after the new alignment you will still get a vibration, so change tires and have someone check your alignment at the same time

Bookmarks & Social Networks