How To: Drilling Out Ignition Cylinder Due To Key Won't Turn (Ford Focus ignition lock cylinder) - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #71
MVent
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17635
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 2 MVent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well I've drilled it but I can't seem to find this " lock bar" I even drilled out to half an inch. What else can I do? Just drill it bigger?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 10:04 AM   #72
2003SilverSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 77592
What I Drive: Read my user name...

FF Reputation: 1 2003SilverSVT Good Standing Member
Wish I could help, I'll be watching your thread.

Please keep us informed..

1972 Chevelle SS Supercharged 468 BB
1991 Pontiac Formula 5.7, 2010 F250 KR V-10

Old 01-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #73
Lorijohn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 82788
What I Drive: 2004 Silver 2.0L SPI

FF Reputation: 1 Lorijohn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First post.
I don't know if I have one problem or two. Two days ago my 2004 focus started running rough or stalling whenever I would turn the heater/AC fan on...with AC on or off. Runs fine w/o fan on. Last night steering column and key are locked as on this thread. Is there something electrical that could cause both problems, or do I now have two separate issues here?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #74
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
2 separate issues. You should start your own thread, and describe you problem. It's very likely that you can get the key to turn one last time with some WD40 and a small hammer. That would be good for you because changing the lock cylinder with the key turning is very simple and easy to do. If it doesn't turn again, then you're in for a nightmare of drilling it out in order to replace it. I would not advise playing with it. I suggest you go purchase the new lock cylinder, which is re-designed and will never lock up, have it keyed to your key at a locksmith or the dealer, then get out the WD40 and a hammer with everything there to change the cylinder if it turns. Directions on how to do this with a lock cylinder that turns come with the new lock cylinder.

After that, we can deal with the minor fan issue.

Please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help you. If you'll look at the first post on this one- it was started in 2005. Prior to a few days ago, I think the latest post was 07. This thread can also be found in our How-To Archive, and now I'm going to lock it so it doesn't get resurrected again in 2 years. A big problem with this is that most users won't post in old threads- so new users like you don't get answers.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->