throwing around building turbo...insights? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-13-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
SVT ewx ca
Banned

Fan#: 2593
FF Reputation: 1 SVT ewx ca Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
throwing around building turbo...insights?

My friend is very mechanically inclined and he and I were both throwing around the notion to build a turbo system for my 03 svt focus.
Were thinking a t3 turbo and a moderate intercooler, he has the utilites to do wiring and piping but my concern was fuel management.

I know there is no fuel return on my svt focus (probably same for zx3's too), rather its governed by a sensor. I dont see how to program this to fit a turbo system, custom chip maybe by giving one of the chip companies my computer code? I dont really know....I was wondering if anyone could educate me in any area of building up what we want to build...

lets own some wrx's eh?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2004, 10:22 AM   #2
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Contact turbo tom at www.focus-power.com

He has built the fastest SVTF I can think of.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
Seb656
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah you would wanna talk to Tom about this hes really a friendly guy not just another jerk only interested in selling his product

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
Old 01-15-2004, 02:32 AM   #4
SVT ewx ca
Banned

Thanks for the refferal, I emailed him. His site looks really neat, but unfortunatly I couldn't afford his turbo kit of 5.8k looks like its done really well though..
Old 01-15-2004, 06:36 AM   #5
Doug99GTAE
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 1836
What I Drive: 2002 ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Doug99GTAE Good Standing Member
SVT ewx ca,
i smell what you're steppin' in. i'm starting to do the same thing also using a t3. i wouldn't even think about taking on such a task except i'm lucky enough to have a father and brother inlaw who have years of turbo experience. they drag race a '79 4cyl mustang into the 9's with a setup they've built in their garage. my father inlaw builds a header of his design. it is a real "log" style. i posed the question to the bro and he's down. tonight i'm going to ask the father inlaw to help me. he'll think i'm nuts, but i think he'll help once he realizes i'm serious(fingers crossed). their website is down now for some reason, but check out huberperformance.com that old dog is pretty dope. it uses a BIG turbo
Old 01-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #6
SVT ewx ca
Banned

hehe sounds sick. I'll check it out when I get home from work, thanks bro. Take care - hope they help you. Having a turbo is like having a whole new car
Old 01-16-2004, 02:41 AM   #7
SceviourZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 438
What I Drive: '00 ZX3 CD Silver

FF Reputation: 1 SceviourZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
was reading in a magizine that he turbo'd his wife's focus as well? anytruth to that? lol
what a fella.

2000 Focus ZX3

T3/t03 Airsearch turbo, Custom Manifold,Downpipe,intercooler piping, Spearco Intercooler, Greddy Type-S BOV,Turbonetics Delta gate 35mm,Stainless Oil lines/fittings, FC 65mm TB, Ported 00 intake manifold, Port/Polished head, Rage Adj Camgears, Esslinger Undedrive Pulley, SVT Pedals, Short Shifter, KYB GR-2 Struts, AR 5 Spoke Chromies,Ventus Rubber, Tein Springs,Xenon bodykit, Hella Headlight conversion, kaminari Carbon Fiber Hood, Kaminari Rear Wing, Shorty Billet Antenna
Old 01-16-2004, 10:37 AM   #8
SVT ewx ca
Banned

No idea but he hasn't returned my email, been two days .... maybe Tom isn't around?
I just need pics of his set up, theres only three on his site, I wana see what he did with fuel management and how he hooked up the waste to the exhaust manifold =/ Anyone know?
Old 01-16-2004, 01:16 PM   #9
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Call him if you need to.

Why do you need to see his fuel management? Its injectors, a calibrated MAF sensor and a custom burned chip.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:26 PM   #10
SVT ewx ca
Banned

Sorry, I'm new to the turbo game, trying to understand how it is all configured. I will definatly call him when I start buying the pieces...unfortunatly I can't buy a kit all at once, but hopefully piece by piece I'll get a moderate turbo system done. Thanks for your reply focal tech.

ps I had a custom superchip in my truck, same type of chip or different? (it was only because I re-geared with bigger tires..)

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->