Nov 22-23/05 VIR Open track day/GTG - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 08:46 AM   #31
mab351
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 26254
What I Drive: 2002 White ZX3 / 2003 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 mab351 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by finalley
Ya know after all the braggin and raggin and yippy ky ain these SC's have done in the different posts, you'd think they'd take the opportunity to come out to Soundly and severely trounce on our second class thingamobiles... ...And show us once and for all how superior their unit is....
Ya know, I'm not sure where the second class thingamobiles came from, seems like most of the daggers come out when anyone with a SC FI package comes on to tell their latest accomplishments. I already posted that I'd like to be there, but we are loading up to head off to Vegas for SEMA otherwise we would have attended as it sounds like it will be a great gathering. Don't you worry, I'm sure you will all be heading out there to VIR in the spring and we'll have plenty of opportunities to get together. We do have tracks over here you know, Gingerman, Grattan, and Waterford Hills. We do go out, and we do run there, and I haven't seen any of you show up out here yet. There are also plenty of SVTOA meets all over the country and we have attended a few and so have our customers to which our customers have been abused on these forums for stating how well their cars perform, but I haven't heard about any of you guys heading there either so I don't know how you can negativly comment on their achievemnts. Hell, I've even been to Beaver Run in PA and met a great bunch of Focus guys at the Focus Challange Redline event. Some of them had Turbo's some were NA but on the Sunday there was open track, and anyone who wanted to took laps in my car and not one of them got out of the car and said it was crap! Everyone who drove it liked it. They wouldn't necessarily trade their turbo for it but they liked it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2005, 08:56 AM   #32
fokuzx3
teh tranny killer

Fan#: 15685
What I Drive: r.i.p. liquid grey zx3....now 300zx

FF Reputation: 1 fokuzx3 Good Standing Member
so is it nov 22 or oct 22..if its oct 22 i dont know if i can go, i got new rotas w/ perellies and h&r cup kit here, but i havent put nething on yet, and my tires are bald like hell, so the extra month would be grand
zetec crew #23
zetec R.I.P. best standing 1/4 time= 15.260 @88.08 mph (2.275 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
it takes a minute to get used to, kinda like shaving your balls.. haha

Old 10-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #33
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
mab351 , Any FI is better than no FI , No one said it was junk just that it wouldnt compete with a turbo

My Son even drove all 3 of your cars and commented that yea you could tell they wernt stock but they didnt pull as hard as the STG1 kit , he said they had a smooth good pull but didnt know what all the big deal was about , Now you take a bunch of kids and mid 20 year olds that havent been in anything that had any power and im sure it will feel like your realy doing something

Then you put comments like ,If you can't run with the Big Dogs, stay on the porch!, So stay on the porch stop getting out and beating the bushes with 13`sec passes and bragging like you realy set the woods on fire , You mussing up the hunting for us real big dog hunters

Ill be at a few FFW next year hope to line up against you there , I allway try to pick the next fastest/slowest car at an event to line up against reguardless what im driving

You will be hard pressed to find someone more competitive than i am , If your there or anyone with a boosted Foci i want some of you win loose or draw

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 10-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #34
finalley
Focus Addict

Fan#: 386
What I Drive: 04SVTF, 03SVTF,08F150 4x4, 2013ST3

FF Reputation: 5 finalley Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by mab351
Some of them had Turbo's some were NA but on the Sunday there was open track, and anyone who wanted to took laps in my car and not one of them got out of the car and said it was crap! Everyone who drove it liked it. They wouldn't necessarily trade their turbo for it but they liked it.
Well mab, I ever said your SC was crap...just trying to get your potty hot so yous guys with SC's come out to play...Although some on each side of the fence do get emphatic about their own brand of FI....yes? even tho turbos ARE better....

Old 10-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #35
TURBO-ZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 846
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZX3T

FF Reputation: 1 TURBO-ZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
when registration close... I'm really considering racing at vir instead of watching. But i still have the stock clutch.. so i know if i race i could kiss goodbye the stock clutch.
Check out my website TurboZX3.com
=================================================

Old 10-12-2005, 02:41 AM   #36
finalley
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by TURBO-ZX3
when registration close... I'm really considering racing at vir instead of watching. But i still have the stock clutch.. so i know if i race i could kiss goodbye the stock clutch.
So what are you saving it for ?? A rainy day ??

Old 10-12-2005, 07:33 AM   #37
fucos
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 20442
FF Reputation: 1 fucos Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by TURBO-ZX3
Sounds like a lame excuse to me.

You won't be "racing" at VIR. Nor will you be doing burnouts. Going to the 1/4 mile strip is probably 10 times harder on your clutch then attending a track event at VIR.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:54 AM   #38
TURBO-ZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 846
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZX3T

FF Reputation: 1 TURBO-ZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Who said I'm going to the 1/4 mile strip.. since i have bought my car way before turbo,, i never visited the 1/4 mile strip. So, Tom what do you think about me going to VIR.. would the Clutch hold??
Check out my website TurboZX3.com
=================================================

Old 10-12-2005, 08:53 AM   #39
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I have no idea , VIR wouldnt be as hard on it as Drag but it wouldnt be like going to work either , I will have my 2 car trailor with me as allways if it is needed to take a car back home if somethign breakes (to the shop that is)

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 10-12-2005, 10:06 AM   #40
finalley
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by 1turbofocus
I have no idea , VIR wouldnt be as hard on it as Drag but it wouldnt be like going to work either , I will have my 2 car trailor with me as allways if it is needed to take a car back home if somethign breakes (to the shop that is)

Tom
Will we be able to stack them ?

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks