UDP Kit / Exhaust questions - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2005, 06:55 AM   #1
Trancer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4396
What I Drive: 2002 Mandarin Copper Focus ZTS Mach Edition

FF Reputation: 1 Trancer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
UDP Kit / Exhaust questions

Hey guys, my first post here so hope these questions are too newbieish ;)

I've recently bought a 2002 Focus ZTS Mach Edition ATX (Wanted MTX, couldn't find one).

My long-term plans include Crower cams, PnP head, Lentech valve body / auto trans / torqe converter and probably a Vortech S/C.

Shorter-term plans include the usual gamut of boltons.

My first question, is does the Focus Sport 3-piece UDP kit from www.newedgeperformance.com include an over-drive pulley? The smaller pulley on the left of the picture appears to be one, but I wanted to double check. I'm worried about it simply because the Mach stereo pulls some wattage and I don't want to cause any problems with a simple UDP installation.

Secondly, I've bought and am waiting for a stainless steel Trubendz exhaust w/ Borla muffler, and wanted to know if there are ANY other parts I need other than all included with the exhaust itself that I would need to install it? I'm not very mechanically-fluent (I'm a huge auto enthusiast, but my mechanic skills are horrid), so any flanges or hanger arms or gaskets or anything I would need to have bought and ready for installation?

Thanks in advance for the help!

But it's mine. And it will be done right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2005, 07:49 AM   #2
elitekorri
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10376
What I Drive: 2004 ZX3 5 SPEED

FF Reputation: 1 elitekorri Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The trubendz should come with everything you need. you can use stock gasket between flex and new exhaust.

I'm not sure you can buy a 3 piece w/ overdrive. Usually the purpose of a pulley system with a pulley in addition to the crank is meant to use stock size serp belt.

If you get an overdrive pulley, make sure it's compatible with your vortech sc, cause you will end up pushing a couple 1-2psi more (depending on size).

I would look into getting a "lighter" pulley and keeping stock setup belt to make sure your crank is putting out near the same output to your altenator if you are worried. You would only notice a "drain" during idle, but if you get a chip you can bump up your idle to counter the idle "drain".

Peace, kk

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->