Had trouble with a stock TC??? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > General Racing Chat

General Racing Chat Use this Forum to discuss everything from launching off the line and four wheel drifts, to telling your favorite race tale. (Posting Rules)

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
rfinger
/fail

Fan#: 2799
What I Drive: F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 1 rfinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Had trouble with a stock TC???

Now I dont race that much in my car and I dunno if it was "trouble" or not but i was a lil disappointed in my svtf. i was on the way home from the zoo today and decided to go by the toyota place and take a gander at the tc's. Well i was looking at a nice maroon one when a young salesman came out and started talking about if i wanted to get a "real" car instead of the one i have. I became a little aggrivated after about 5 mins of bs from this guy so i was like anytime you wanna take em out here and run em ill be happy to race ya. So the salesman got in the car instantly and said aight lets go, a little suprised i pulled in front of him out of the parking lot and waited till he got beside me and punched it in first. Now this is where everything gets hairy, I pulled on him a little but not like i have before in the past against other tc's and he kept about a 1/2 a car length behind me the whole time until i had to slow down to pass a car and then gunned it again going around him and could hardly catch back up with the tc. We stopped at around 75-80. Now considering the mods I have I wouldve thought that he wouldnt have been any trouble at all but i must say I was a little dissappointed in my lil svtf. I dunno what do you all think? Have anyone else had any trouble with a stock tc? Could it have been just becuase we only went to 80? Hell im thinking about selling my svtf now and getting something else

"When everything works, it's a sheer joy to drive." - Jeremy Clarkson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
KahunaB14
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13831
What I Drive: 2008 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 1 KahunaB14 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Never raced one. However they seem like really nice cars and car and driver rates them highly. Similar straight line performance #'s because of their torque output at 163 lb-ft. They really arent any competition when you get to a track though I will say that much. Drawbacks from the SVT...handling, cargo and rear seat space, exclusivity. Benefits over SVT...quality, interior components & fit and finish, gas mileage (+no premium req.), smooth and torqey engine thats probably easier to live with on a daily basis than the SVT. Overall, a very nice car that I would not mind owning one bit. From the factory though they dont touch the overall level of performance of the SVT...although they do have potential. Also, are you sure that it didnt have a TRD supercharger in there!????
Old 06-26-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
KahunaB14
Focus Enthusiast

I am kinda suprised with your mods though, rumor has it we can take spec-V's with those mods. ARE YOU SURE IT WAS STOCK!!??
Old 06-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
rfinger
/fail

i think but im not completely sure...................... funny thing is that i guess im just a perfectionist or something becuase i beat it but im bitching that i didnt beat it bad enough

Old 06-26-2005, 06:19 PM   #5
LastRites
BAD EGG

Fan#: 8452
What I Drive: 2008 Mica-Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport

FF Reputation: 18 LastRites Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
rumor has it we can take spec-V's with those mods
Rumor has it that can be done stock too

04 SVTF/5
, EAP, Pitch Black (rip)
# 908 of 1079, Born 03/16/2004
SVT SQUAD # 68
" I brake for saucy Pirate wenches"
Old 06-26-2005, 07:10 PM   #6
KahunaB14
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah, I am a fellow perfectionist and I know that if I didnt kill a lesser car I would go crazy. But I have only had one race...that was last night vs. a late 80's early 90's supra MK3 (non-turbo). We went from a light and we were neck and neck all through first, I shifted to second quicker than I ever thought possible (most likely cause of my recently installed VF, and right as I shifted and was on the power I pulled about a 1/2 car length and then we stopped at about 50mph. I am not sure if this was a win or what because he could have let off the gas er something...it seemed like after my shift I walked awfully easily. I dunno...anyway, sorry, I will stop stealing your thread now!
Old 06-26-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
Daeron
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20554
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Daeron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
they make some SC for those (if I remember right) that has it mounted on the opposite side of the engine than the belt (some drive shaft goes over to the SC across the engine compartment). i will say that they handle like crap in the corners (very easy to pull on one through a corner).
#2277 of 3985 born on 5/27/03
SVT Squad #20

SCT XCal2 (Hypnotic), AEM CAI, VR rear engine mount, FC ORP, FRPP STS, FC 2pc UDP, Eibach Pro-Kit springs/KYB AGX dampers, FRPP HIDs, Sony CDX-M8815X, Pioneer TS-A6880R front speakers, 16" Rota Grid (Royal Gunmetal) w/Falken Azenis RT615's

2004 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra Convertible, Mystichrome
#292 of 1896
Old 06-26-2005, 07:36 PM   #8
Redphoakis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22172
What I Drive: Infra Red 2005 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Redphoakis Good Standing Member
My friend has a TC I beat him fair and square. I worked as a recon at Toyota for a little while and they are nothing at all to drive. I have them by easily 2 car lenths if not more stock. Your SVT with mods should gun 'em down. There was definately something awrey that day and you should find out what. Was your car idling for a while or was it unusually hot that day?
ST CREW #33 thats three three to you boy!

Yes I love the smell of whooped ass in the morning. Especially when it is against someone that actually thinks they can win. Hmmmmmmm, nice focus, yes it is thank you.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #9
rfinger
/fail

it was about 96 here today and i had been driving it for about 35-40 mins but i dunno if that has anything to do with it

Old 06-27-2005, 09:27 AM   #10
coleslaststand
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6500
What I Drive: black 2004SVTEuro; '02 spyder eclipse gt

FF Reputation: 1 coleslaststand Good Standing Member
Check your plugs (I just recently swapped mine out, and I noticed that the stock plugs were a mess after only 25k), and I like to reset the battery every few weeks too ... it runs a little smoother everytime I do that ...
Mods = Hypnotic's SCT tune; Screaming Demon coil and wire package; Denso Iridium ITV24's; FR STS; VF rear mount; ported TB; Custom wing; VIS CF vented hood; Hypnotic's SRI; SCO 4 gauge grounding wires and ORP ...

Bookmarks & Social Networks