Australia gets the new Focus next month - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-07-2005, 05:06 PM   #1
Kneel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 6590
What I Drive: '05 Sonic Blue Escape

FF Reputation: 1 Kneel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Australia gets the new Focus next month

Well, Australians get the new Focus next month. You know, the NEW focus that everyone else in the world is getting now, except North America. But, man, check out these prices! Maybe Ford has not brought it to the states yet, fearing people will not pay $27k for a Zetec!

Ford's new Focus Zetec will fetch $27,490
and offers up 17-inch alloy wheels, sports
bodykit and a 107kW 2.0-litre powerplant

Ford Australia recently released pricing details of its all new Focus range, which goes on sale next month.

"Ford Australia is very excited about the prospects for the smooth new Ford Focus, which builds on the reputation for quality and class leading driving dynamics of its outstanding predecessor," Ford Australia Marketing and Sales Vice President Bruce McDonald said.

"New Focus builds on that reputation by adding even more in terms of quality, craftsmanship, packaging and refinement."

From launch, the new Ford Focus family will initially consist of the popular sedan and hatch variants.

Four models will be available in the Focus line-up the entry level CL, the feature-packed LX, the sporty Zetec and the luxurious Ghia. Mr McDonald emphasised the value of the Focus range, starting with the feature packed CL sedan and hatch.

Focus CL comes complete with a new 107kW 2.0-litre Duratec 16-valve engine, air-conditioning, driver and front passenger airbags, CD player and front power windows for a recommended retail price of just $20,990 for both sedan and hatch.

Options include a 4-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift and two value packs the Safety Pack, which adds ABS brakes with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and front seat-mounted thorax protecting side airbags; and the Smooth Pack, which adds alloy wheels, colour-coded power mirrors, cruise control and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.

The Focus LX, also available in sedan and hatch, builds on the CL package and adds stylish 16-inch alloy wheels, ABS with EBD, front seat-mounted thorax protecting side airbags, front and rear power windows, power mirrors, cruise control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and front fog lamps. Recommended retail price for the Focus LX sedan and hatch is $24,990.

The sporty Focus Zetec is available only as a hatch and combines all the features of the LX with a lowered, aggressive bodykit, 17-inch alloy wheels and a sports suspension kit for a recommended retail price of $27,490.

Topping the range is the luxurious Focus Ghia, available only as a sedan, which adds to the package with four-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift, dual zone climate control, 6-disc in-dash CD player, leather seat trim and power adjustable driver's seat for a recommended retail price of $30,990.

New Focus pricing:

Focus CL hatch $20,990
Focus CL sedan $20,990
Focus LX hatch $24,990
Focus LX sedan $24,990
Focus Zetec hatch $27,490
Focus Ghia sedan $30,990

Automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift $2,000
Option Packages: Safety Pack (CL only) $1,190
Smooth Pack (CL only) $890

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
Resty
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 357
What I Drive: a car

Points 385, Level 7
Points: 385, Level: 7 Points: 385, Level: 7 Points: 385, Level: 7
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Resty Good Standing Member
I live in that remote part of the world and believe it or not I got an ad stating that the new focus starts from 19990, which is about 15,300 USD.

blah,
riz
Old 06-07-2005, 05:15 PM   #3
lunarc
Focus Addict

Fan#: 343
What I Drive: 02' Silver SVT RIP 2007

Points 4,212, Level 41
Points: 4,212, Level: 41 Points: 4,212, Level: 41 Points: 4,212, Level: 41
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 lunarc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
with conversion it isnt as bad so the $27,490 is $21,109.51 USD still ab it hight but for that look and features seems pretty nice to me! Why is the US so shafted yet again.
2002 SVT Focus #1848
---------------------------
New ride E36 DINAN BMW, Dinan CAI, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Stg1 Suspension, Dinan Stg1 Chip
Old 06-07-2005, 05:44 PM   #4
TomH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17482
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 5 Door, 5 Spd.

FF Reputation: 1 TomH Good Standing Member
I'm kinda confused. I thought the Zetec was dead, why would they still be using this in the Aussie Focus? However, the article also states that it will have a Duratec!?!? Which is it?
Old 06-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
PapoSwing
Regulator...mount up

Fan#: 3062
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVT

Points 5,903, Level 49
Points: 5,903, Level: 49 Points: 5,903, Level: 49 Points: 5,903, Level: 49
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 28 PapoSwing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Good question. I'm not the biggest fan of the new styling, but I can't wait see them on the road (well at least the Australian roads) .
Old 06-07-2005, 05:56 PM   #6
Tunda Tex
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16740
What I Drive: 2003 Light Tundra ZTS Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Tunda Tex Good Standing Member
I know that Ford Motor Company is a global company, but since it did start in the United States, it would be nice if we got new models first, and not the stripped down models, either.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:56 PM   #7
Sting2324
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9745
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black Focus SE SPi

FF Reputation: 1 Sting2324 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
and they get automatic w. sport shift
Old 06-07-2005, 09:00 PM   #8
pspringe
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ford Motor Company is a global company. But, the Focus did come from Dearborn. It was born in Cologne.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:01 PM   #9
Gismo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20266
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver C-Dan

FF Reputation: 1 Gismo Good Standing Member
One question. WTF is 107kw
-- During the next 24 hours, the world will consume the equivalent of 220 million barrels of oil. That energy drives the economic progress that improves the quality of life for people around the world. Do I give a damn? Not as long as supercars are guzzling it. --

~Jeremy~
Old 06-07-2005, 11:20 PM   #10
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I dunno if this is right, but I thought the Aussies used "Zetec" as meaning "hatchback/ZX3"... I vaguely remember that seeming to be the case.

That's it, I'm moving to Australia, I mean come on, it's beautiful, I speak their language (close enough) and they get the Euro Foci... lucky bastages

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.