Please help me wire up my dvd player URGENT please help - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
Ice Frogg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5562
What I Drive: 2001 Silver ZX3

Points 1,966, Level 26
Points: 1,966, Level: 26 Points: 1,966, Level: 26 Points: 1,966, Level: 26
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Ice Frogg Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Please help me wire up my dvd player URGENT please help

Ok i bought off a guy on focus fanatic a pioneer avh-p6400 indash tv. also i got a innovatek off of him which he had used both of them together. the guy isnt to helpful in trying to help me figure out how to wire the two of them together so i'm making a post about it on here to see if anyone can lend a hand before i got to take it somewere.
here is a few pictures to help understand

Now this is a picture of the back of the tv with the wiring harness

Up close of the wiring harness and seeing the exposed power and negative wires.

Now this is the harness that goes in the dvd player. It has 4 wires, Black(ground), Blue(remote), Yellow(ACC 12V), and Red(Backup 12V).

So what I thought was to take the power(red backup 12v) and negative wires from the dvd player and hook them into the power and negavtive wires that are exposed in the tv harness and then just run rca wires from the dvd player to the tv. Well that doesnt work.

When you turn the car the pioneer comes on but the dvd player doesnt come on, it will come on if u push the power button but only stays on for a few mins and then turns off.

Here are some pictures of the owner manuals for installations
The first set of instructions are from the dvd player

NOW this is from the tv instructions

heres some last pictures of the RCA cables

Now my question is how to i get the dvd player to stay powered on. and to come on when the ignitino is on? and when i have the tv on it says in order to get to the cd player hit the src button but the src button doesnt do anything which tells me that the pioneer doesnt reconize the dvd player. How do I go about linking the two together. In the pioneer guy it says stuff about some wires called AV-BUS and AV-IP which i'm not familiar with of what they are. Sorry that this is a big post with a lot of pictures but I just am stumped how to get this wired up. Please any help would be appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 08:00 PM   #2
spudgunman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3952
What I Drive: 05 ST Black on Black

FF Reputation: 1 spudgunman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
this looks messy,

you need to put the yellow power 12v+ from each unit and put to a constant power source then you need to hook the red from each unit to the ACC of the ignition. each unit shodul then turn on and function if not you got a dead something

then take the RCA yellow video out on the dvd and plug into the yellow RCA video in on the pioneer
same with audio

wire the speakers
done.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
PortugalFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13418
What I Drive: 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd

FF Reputation: 1 PortugalFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Holy wiring mess Batman!..... take a step back and lay everything out on a large table. Do onething at a time. I would connect the Constant/Ground/Power first. Then I would go through the DVD player. I would make sure everything works first.

Take the Constant and power to the + terminal on your battery and the black to the ground of each item. Make sure the stuff works before it's all wired up. If the CD Player or the DVD player don't fire up, check the fuses on them, if they are in tact something is fried internally.

Shorty w/ HKS Filter / JBA Shorty Header / Ported TB / Early Style Intake Manifold/ Ractive 9 mm Wires/ Autolite Platinum Plugs/ 2.25" Mandrel Exhaust/ SCS Short Thow Shifter / Front Strut Bar

Focus Shop Cup Front Lip/ Painted Front Grille Signals / CF M3's/ De-Badgged / Focus Badges Over the Blue Ford Ovals

Panasonic / American Legacy / Stinger / Audiobahn / Q-Logic

But I traded her in......

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.