15.71 stock SVT timesheets & vid - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-31-2005, 10:56 AM   #11
Fordson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13118
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed SVT 5-door, loaded -

FF Reputation: 1 Fordson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by chris_watkins87
yea i've seen faster but i just cant get those 15.6's myself I was tryin tho, what helps us (SVT guys) out alot is we don't have to shift to 4th we cross the quarter in third!
OK, now we have the voice of experience talking - I have said this before in response to people who are sure they would be better off with shorter gearing - and an extra shift to make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2005, 11:28 AM   #12
Goat Roper
The Godfather

Fan#: 8634
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 6 Goat Roper Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
From a non-SVT perspective I am juuuust barely getting close to shifting into fourth as I cross the line.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:39 PM   #13
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Moving to ”Racing, Rally & Autocross”...

As far as altitudes, check out the following link:
http://www.world-airport-codes.com
It provides airport altitudes for you locale.
At least you can get pretty close to what your actual elevation is.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:05 PM   #14
MARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16196
What I Drive: 2004 COMP. ORANGE FOCUS ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
nice azz times... i couldnt even get close to those numbers.... well i'm more of a circuit track guy now....

CHEAP MODS:
CAI, 9mm FRPP wires, gapped .65 platinum motorcraft spark plugs, hacked off muffler and back res.

SVT Squad #10
Old 05-31-2005, 10:50 PM   #15
chris_watkins87
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19354
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 chris_watkins87 Good Standing Member
while I'm waiting on the upload...(i have dial-up)

in regards to the circuit tracks I WOULD LOVE to get involved in that because i know that the SVT can pretty much outhandle most if not all cars in its class and i love out driving people not outracing because the car is just plain fun to drive...However My car is a DAILY driver and we all know that the decision of racing it on a curved track, hell even a straight track is dumb and risky unless i dont have a RELIABLE beater to fall back on cough*honda*cough

And JOLLYJOHNJ you have CAI and mine is bone stock so with that said why do you say you could take me when i have a better 1/8 mile time of 10.20??? click the link for runs 3 & 4 and look at the bottom run!!! If you still wanna talk then o well I'm not about competition I'm about having fun.

WD40- thanks for the link it says the runway elevation of the nearest airport is 146 ft. I'm assuming thats according to sea level so dudley123....... 146 ft give or take! (is that good or bad?)

Last edited by chris_watkins87; 05-31-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:34 PM   #16
chris_watkins87
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19354
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 chris_watkins87 Good Standing Member
FINALLY....

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=MOV0122563
Check it out i got my @$$ whooped by a mercedes s 500 or somm like i said it was dark im not sure i just know it was a mercedes, Im in the far lane. i believe this was run 6
scroll up to first post to see link for run 6 timesheet

jollyjohnj----Get a full cat back system if you dont have one already because breathe in normal and then put a straw to your mouth and breathe out....thats how your car feels!! try it youll see big improvement because there is a lot of restriction in the exhaust to meet emissions

also jollyjohn just some advice...even tho reaction time isnt included into your 1/8 or 1/4 or any distance run times launch on 3rd yellow light not green cuz your reaction is a lil on the slow side just keep practicing I got the hang of it after about 2 or 3 runs...

...this way if your next to someone and you lose against them to the clock, it wont look as bad if you get off the line first
Old 06-01-2005, 09:14 AM   #17
jollyjohnj
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 235
What I Drive: 03 Infrared Focus SVT, 01 Mercury Villager

FF Reputation: 1 jollyjohnj Good Standing Member
Quote:

And JOLLYJOHNJ you have CAI and mine is bone stock so with that said why do you say you could take me when i have a better 1/8 mile time of 10.20??? click the link for runs 3 & 4 and look at the bottom run!!! If you still wanna talk then o well I'm not about competition I'm about having fun.
Dude, I was just playing around -- just having fun myself. I didn't even look at the links for your last 3 runs. I was just joking with you. Calm down. My runs were bone stock also, I didn't put the CAI on until Memorial Day (2 days ago). In fact my only performance mod on those runs was to remove my 2 year olds car seat from the back. I still had my wifes purse in the car --- so theres half a second right there I could have taken off my time.
SVT SQUAD #39
Old 06-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #18
jollyjohnj
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 235
What I Drive: 03 Infrared Focus SVT, 01 Mercury Villager

FF Reputation: 1 jollyjohnj Good Standing Member
Re: FINALLY....

Quote:

jollyjohnj----Get a full cat back system if you dont have one already because breathe in normal and then put a straw to your mouth and breathe out....thats how your car feels!! try it youll see big improvement because there is a lot of restriction in the exhaust to meet emissions
Actually I'm going for an ORP, trying to go the used route on ebay but keep getting outbid. Next will be a tune (still debating on which), if I can just get my hands on the ORP.

Quote:

also jollyjohn just some advice...even tho reaction time isnt included into your 1/8 or 1/4 or any distance run times launch on 3rd yellow light not green cuz your reaction is a lil on the slow side just keep practicing I got the hang of it after about 2 or 3 runs...

...this way if your next to someone and you lose against them to the clock, it wont look as bad if you get off the line first
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm working on the reaction time. It was the first time I had ever been and you will notice I got a .7 on my last run, which isn't stellar but is way better then the 1.4 I had on the first.
SVT SQUAD #39
Old 06-01-2005, 10:11 AM   #19
revamp
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Nice numbers for a first time (and for a stock car). I hope to have mine out at the track this summer, but I don't want to go by myself.... :(
Old 06-01-2005, 02:09 PM   #20
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Re: FINALLY....

Quote:
That may be true for the standard models, but not necessarily the SVTF.
Cosworth/SVT did their homework when they designed the exhaust system.
An aftermarket CAT-Back system while maybe better sounding,
will not get you much more power, if any, on a stock to mildly modified SVT.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->