Eagle Talon TSi AWD- good toy? - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #41
XxXREDZX4
Focus Addict

Fan#: 37202
What I Drive: 2007 Satin Eclipse GS

FF Reputation: 3 XxXREDZX4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUGcatsvt View Post
tHIS tHREAD IS 4 MONTHS OLD... Where do people find these....
I Whooped a TSI once... It was my first Race in My SVT... Now it would kill me...
hehe...try 2 almost 3 YEARS old...

Sedan Revolution #25!
4 Stars WOOT!!!...onward to 5!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #42
BlackJack03
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43232
What I Drive: 04 EAP ZX5 SVTF

FF Reputation: 31 BlackJack03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Haha wow, oops...yeah 3 freakin years old...I didn't realize this was that old!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:26 PM   #43
AllAround01Focus
Focal Distortion LV

Fan#: 43496
What I Drive: 2001 Amazon Green ZX3

FF Reputation: 16 AllAround01Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic32vCobra View Post
Do you have any idea at all what you are talking about when it comes to DSMs? Probably not, here is my reasoning..

Why tear down and rebuild an engine that already runs well, high miles or not! Tearing apart an engine if there is nothing wrong with it is simply something you dont do. The 4g63 engine will last the life of the vehicle if properly maintained.

You dont just "slap" a front mount on any car, it requires piping kits, different elbows for the turbo, if not using a 20g+ style that already has the outlet where you need it. Front mounts also require cutting of the bumper support, and radiator support, not to mention the slim fans you will more than likely need.

If he has the money to just tear down and rebuild an already running engine for the hell of it, this combination certainly wouldnt be anywhere near the top of my list, try something to the tune of a DNP header and a FP Green or a 3065..

Two words, RICE and JUNK!

There are countless companies out there that are far superior to an Apexi exhaust, try Buscher for instance..

CAI on a turbo car? News to me

Arent you forgetting a piggyback to control those injectors? I personally would use DSMlink, it is far superior to any "chip". Im sure you wouldnt forget to upgrade that stock fuel pump now would you?

And last but not least, the only good choice you have made thus far, thank god you didnt say a turbonetics or similar brand..

There is a lot you have to learn about cars, and your post shows this.. Better go to the library and read up!

Jon
I haven't said this since my days of playing Counter Strike 1.5, but here goes.

PWNED!!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #44
Algorhythm

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member Algorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUGcatsvt View Post
tHIS tHREAD IS 4 MONTHS OLD... Where do people find these....
I Whooped a TSI once... It was my first Race in My SVT... Now it would kill me...
Noobs need postcounts somehow.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #45
BlackJack03
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43232
What I Drive: 04 EAP ZX5 SVTF

FF Reputation: 31 BlackJack03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Yes, I'm quoting myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack03 View Post
And then THIS guy's asking DOUBLE bluebook value, and has the balls to say it's the cheapest GSX with this mileage. HA! (edit: just sent him an email telling him that he was asking double bluebook Just like whoever said that before in the Mustang thread, I HATE idiots like that that expect to get so much more out of their car!!!)
I sent this guy an email saying:

Hey man, nice looking car.

Just wanted to let you know that you're asking almost double bluebook value. If you really want to sell this I would recommend lowering the price. If you were asking closer to bluebook I would also be interested.

And HE wrote back saying this, lol:

double huh...sucks for whoever bought it.
thanks for your intrest.

haha...what a douche...whoever bought it? he doesn't know? lol
Old 10-25-2007, 03:44 AM   #46
zx3frenzy
Banned

Fan#: 48499
What I Drive: 05 blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 zx3frenzy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
i want to know how he has a evo 3 manifold and o2 housing on a 50trim. since both those bolt to MHI turbos. and damn i need to start looking at thread dates
Old 10-25-2007, 06:45 AM   #47
project2point
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 23521
What I Drive: 2010 genesis coupe track

FF Reputation: 7 project2point Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic32vCobra View Post
Do you have any idea at all what you are talking about when it comes to DSMs? Probably not, here is my reasoning..

Why tear down and rebuild an engine that already runs well, high miles or not! Tearing apart an engine if there is nothing wrong with it is simply something you dont do. The 4g63 engine will last the life of the vehicle if properly maintained.

1) 1. Because to rebuild the engine w/ machine work and all will only cost about 1800.00 dollars for internals and have someone port the stock head for 500.00. The head gaskets are known for going bad.

You dont just "slap" a front mount on any car, it requires piping kits, different elbows for the turbo, if not using a 20g+ style that already has the outlet where you need it. Front mounts also require cutting of the bumper support, and radiator support, not to mention the slim fans you will more than likely need.

2) You obviously didnt understand what i was saying. Slapping on means putting on and a FMIC is not hard to put in ya theres work to make it fit butits nothing like building an engine.

If he has the money to just tear down and rebuild an already running engine for the hell of it, this combination certainly wouldnt be anywhere near the top of my list, try something to the tune of a DNP header and a FP Green or a 3065..

3) The dnp manifold is stupid expensive, plus most people who run dsms only push out 380-400whp which the evoIII big 16g will support and do it at a low rpm.

Two words, RICE and JUNK!

4) so your saying the HKS SSQV is rice? So one of the most run bov other than the tial? Is that because it holds 30psi+ i have seen a single SSQV hold 33psi on an evo. It is also one of the nicest sounding bov.

There are countless companies out there that are far superior to an Apexi exhaust, try Buscher for instance..

5) Yup you could go buscher, and spend the money or you could go for apexi or megan racing and spend less money.

CAI on a turbo car? News to me

6) Um havent you heard....aem makes short rams! Yes you can run a CAI on a turbo car WRX, srt-4 run cai.

Arent you forgetting a piggyback to control those injectors? I personally would use DSMlink, it is far superior to any "chip". Im sure you wouldnt forget to upgrade that stock fuel pump now would you?

7) At that time i didnt feel like looking up tunning devices so you have me here. Yes DMSLink is a good tool, we ar using it on our 1g.

And last but not least, the only good choice you have made thus far, thank god you didnt say a turbonetics or similar brand..

There is a lot you have to learn about cars, and your post shows this.. Better go to the library and read up!

I dont have much to learn bud, i have my reasons for everything. Buscher sucks, a evo was brought down to (UNDISCLOSED SHOP) from buscher because the guy didnt like the tune they did on it. They put it on the dyno retuned it and found 80whp. Lets just say most people dont get their cars tuned at buscher anymore that know this story.

Jon

Yes you could do all that and have way to much money wrapped up in your car its all about what you want but here is a hint, most companys products are all the same.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:41 AM   #48
fat pat
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18326
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 fat pat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
why has this thread been revived? its 2+ years old...im sure none of this is relavant to him anymore
Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #49
zx3frenzy
Banned

Fan#: 48499
What I Drive: 05 blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 zx3frenzy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
cause we suck at looking at dates
Old 10-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #50
NickDaBear
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48934
What I Drive: 2007, Pitch Black, SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 NickDaBear Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My Advice would be Steal the car and bury it in a REALLY REALLY REALLY Deep hole after lighting it on fire........As you could guess I did'nt have ANY luck with my 92 talon TSI AWD Turbo....yeah after my brother sank $4500 into it in repair billsI bought it from him thinking well he just fixed it all....Never been more wrong in my Life i drove it 5 hours befor the computer went up...the turbo started acting funny and the ol' f$@$er only had 107000 Miles on it DAMN DSMs!!
But I have heard of people getting them to be gems and never a single problem just not as much as I have heard there POS's

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.