Eagle Talon TSi AWD- good toy? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #11
Toolman00
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2744
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4

FF Reputation: 3 Toolman00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Where are you from svt4chris? A guy I work with was talking about a Talon or Eclipse that was for sale... I forget what he said about it, but it might be the one you are talking about 'cause I remember it having higher mileage, good body, and newer parts.

Any details on the car - like color, interior mods, exterior mods, rims, etc.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2005, 03:08 PM   #12
svt4chris
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8821
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT 3-door

FF Reputation: 1 svt4chris Good Standing Member
I live in Delafield, in Waukesha county. The guy who owns the car is Will Mustas.

The Talon is red, with mostly stock parts. As I said, he put in an aftermarket clutch and flywheel and he replaced the tranny with one in better shape. The exhaust he put in there was made by ATR or some other 3 letter name with an A and R in there somewhere.

If you don't know the guy's name, I think Will's job has to do with computers, and he's 19 years old.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:06 PM   #13
BlackNRed01
Boost?

Fan#: 21668
What I Drive: 2001 ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 4 BlackNRed01 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
from personal experience driving an all wheel drive eclipse turbo in the winter you probably will be disapointed, eventhough the awd seems like a good idea you get no grip whatsoever, but then again im used to driving a jeep in the winter.....

Boosted & Back: Parting Out
Old 05-30-2005, 08:06 PM   #14
Mystic32vCobra
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 21486
What I Drive: 1996 Mystic Cobra, 1991 Talon TSi AWD, 1989 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 Mystic32vCobra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have a 91 Talon AWD.. I love the car.. It is a very fun toy, and when maintained and not ragged on will give you 0 problems.. I drove the car every day 100+ miles and it never gave me a problem.. With minimal mods, ACT 2100, boost controller and K&N the car went 13.4, which is very impressive to say the least.. I bought the car from an older gentleman who had all the paperwork for all the money he had ever put into it and he was the 2nd owner, the 1st being another older gentleman who used it solely to get into the mountains in Colorado to go skiing, so it was never ragged on at all. The car is incredible in the winter with the right tires, and if you stay ahead of the notorious problems they have you will enjoy many years of driving pleasure!

Jon
Old 05-30-2005, 08:35 PM   #15
svt4chris
Focus Enthusiast

I just looked at the car today- unfortunately the owner had to leave so I didn't get a test drive, but I wasn't particularly impressed thus far. The engine bay looked pretty good, but there were some exterior blemishes and one of the headlights has a disfunctional motor (they're flip up's). Also, the driver's seat is pretty worn. I mean, these are just minimal things more or less that you'd expect from a 15-year-old car, but he gave me the impression that it was in better shape. We'll see... If it's mechanically sound, then that's what I'm most interested in, I can fix those little things myself, but I still don't think his asking price is reasonable.

Any thoughts on prices? I've looked around, and they're all over the place, but generally in the realm of $3-4k, but the Kelly Blue Book for this car is just shy of $2k. Maybe such problems are to be expected. I'd still offer him no higher than $2500 though, assuming that the engine is good, which is probable (the owner's good with mechanics but not so much with attention to detail).
Old 05-31-2005, 05:35 PM   #16
xoxoxoxogirl
<3myfocus<3

Fan#: 23565
What I Drive: 2007 Black zx3 ses

FF Reputation: 2 xoxoxoxogirl Good Standing Member
my b/f drives a 94 mitubish eclipse and its a hassel...guzzles gas and always has something wrong with it.....it was fast when it ran good.....i would def. consider geting one if i was a full blown dsm girl...but my hearts with the FOCUS
Old 05-31-2005, 08:59 PM   #17
Mystic32vCobra
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 21486
What I Drive: 1996 Mystic Cobra, 1991 Talon TSi AWD, 1989 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 Mystic32vCobra Good Standing Member
22 mpg is guzzling gas?
Old 06-01-2005, 12:30 AM   #18
svt4chris
Focus Enthusiast

^^^Is that the EPA rating? Because, for starters, the testing they use usually gives high results. Kinda depends on the car.

But if he's running up the boost a lot, and if he's upped the boost, then I'll bet the gas gets used up with more of a vengeance.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:57 AM   #19
213slayer666
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7447
What I Drive: a car?

FF Reputation: 1 213slayer666 Good Standing Member
they are fun cars, a friend of mine had a 90' tsi awd and he beat on it pretty hard. the car had around 140K miles and the only problem he had with it was a bad fuel pump relay.

of course the guy he sold it to completely destroyed it within a month.
Old 06-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #20
project2point
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 23521
What I Drive: 2010 genesis coupe track

FF Reputation: 7 project2point Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
as sson as you get it pull that motor out and re build it!!!!!!! then slap on a fmic, evo III turbo manifold, big evo III 16 g turbo, hks ss bov, apexi downpipe, apexi 3 in cat back, aem intake, new chip and injectors, and a tial waste gate

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->