Limited Slip Differential Worth It? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #11
rfinger
/fail

Fan#: 2799
What I Drive: F150 FX4

Points 9,721, Level 66
Points: 9,721, Level: 66 Points: 9,721, Level: 66 Points: 9,721, Level: 66
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rfinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
if your gonna go to the track alot it will def be worth it

"When everything works, it's a sheer joy to drive." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #12
ouikikazz
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 6707
What I Drive: 2k2 Infra-Red SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ouikikazz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally posted by seraphim
Blah blah blah, it's only 70-80 more whp than stock, with the proper boltons, match porting on the header and intake manifold to the block and head, valves, TB, MAF, intake, header coat, high-flow cat , free flow exhaust, injectors, fuel rail, cam gear, cams, UDP, hardlines and SS hoses, light flywheel, stage III clutch and the proper tune it's well within reach...and if I'm not quite there there's always N2O.

Further the stock S2000 engine is a 2.5L I4 and it makes around 220 RWHP, it's NA and stock, with a few bolt-ons it can make 260 easy...

umm u cant compare a s2000 engine to a svt engine...thats like comparing apples to oranges...two different engines. With N2O you will prolly make it :P but without out i would love to see it happen but i don't know. BTW Stock the SVT does not have 170WHP it has 170HP at the crank so its lot less (dont know the equation to convert sorry)
Old 05-27-2005, 05:41 PM   #13
crazymechanic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
besides, your s2000 doesn't have TORQUE, and to make all that HP, it has to rev to about 900000000000 rpm
Old 05-27-2005, 05:54 PM   #14
garyk

Fan#: 171
What I Drive: focus race car, stock svt street ca

FF Reputation: 1 garyk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
power

250 should not be a problem..a zx3 that ran in world speed challenge racing made 230 at the wheels from a zetec....and quaife..go for it..the race svtf has it and wifey's svtf does not...i really miss it when i drive hers during spirited cornering...and drove a jackson s/c one at summit point raceway and REALLY missed it
Old 05-27-2005, 07:04 PM   #15
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
I know one thing, you sure can't accelerate very hard while turning in this car. I don't know if that justifies the cost of an LSD, but in the instances when you want or need power while turning, it would be nice to have it!

I don't make a habit of flooring it while making left or right turns (I'm talking turns, not curves in the road) but have discovered that when you do, this car doesn't like it. Instead of making the turn faster, you're slowed down by your inside tire slipping and skipping around on the pavement. This isn't my first front wheel drive car, but it is the first one that's so touchy about how much throttle you use in turns.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:13 PM   #16
AZFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 20856
What I Drive: 02 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 AZFocus Good Standing Member
By the way you wouldn't be N/A if you used N2O. That is a power adder and is not at all considered a mod that keeps the car N/A.
Also the S2000 has a 2.2L and makes its power @ 7800 rpm and 162ft/lbs of torque. Not bad, that engine is a great achievement for Honda if you ask me.
I don't think you would ever see 260 HP at the crank with an SVT N/A. At least not on a daily driver that would run worth a damn.
My $.02 for what it's worth!

"Wear a cup when you skate"
Old 05-28-2005, 11:55 PM   #17
seraphim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13621
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 seraphim Good Standing Member
I think it's dooable, and I can at least try, it's not really unreasonable to think it can be done, especially with some custom work. I think the SVTF block could easily be made to push a very reliable 220 at the crank, 260 is a bit more but with some tuning and upkeep it could happen, whatever, I'm sick of trying to defend every little thing I say on this forum, if it's already been said and you agree with it, then why bother posting the same thing again (??), whatever...this is silly, everyone just needs to chill out.

Those are my goals, I'm going to try some innovative things and I think I have a pretty good idea for how to set things up, if I don't quite make it then oh well, but who's to say I shouldn't try?
K&N Filter, EBC Pads, EBC Slotted & dimpled Rotors, FR Blue Painted Calipers, Spec Stage 2+, Spec Flywheel, Torsen T2 LSD, Driver and Pass. Steeda Engine mounts, CFM lower mount, Ingals Torque dampner (modified to fit the SVT), CFM STS, 70% tint
Old 05-29-2005, 12:26 AM   #18
focituner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 628
What I Drive: 2004 ZX3 2.3 (DKG1)

FF Reputation: 1 focituner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I hope you do , becuase it would make me want to take similar directions with my Focus. Best of luck, please post up on it intermittenly and le t me know how it goes.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:58 AM   #19
svtfiend
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22268
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ST

Points 1,020, Level 17
Points: 1,020, Level: 17 Points: 1,020, Level: 17 Points: 1,020, Level: 17
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 svtfiend Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i've gotta throw in my two cents and say i think 230 to 250 at the flywheel is more than do able in N/A form. i don't know if you guys read focus fanatics, but Cosworth racing (the very people that built/tuned the engines in our little rockets) took a 2.3 Duratec and cranked out 230 horses in their unGodly "red snap dragon" article of the latest FF. This did however consist of a complete tear down of the engine, and about $6000 worth of custom cosworth parts (alot of which are found in the ford racing catalog). Very, very impressive little car. i don't see why the same thing, if not a little more couldn't be done to the svt engine.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:39 AM   #20
garyk

Fan#: 171
What I Drive: focus race car, stock svt street ca

FF Reputation: 1 garyk Good Standing Member
hmmm

what was most impressive was the flat torque curve on that bugger

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.