07 Focus Interior Questions... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK1 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
joshfink
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50565
What I Drive: Black 2007 ford Focus

FF Reputation: 4 joshfink Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
07 Focus Interior Questions...

Alright, I am sure someone has asked before me... but I shall ask anyway because I have a few questions...

first, I have looked around for gauges that will fit the 07 focus... most of the ones I have found say 00-05 Focus... Have any of you come across any gauges that will actually fit the 07 for sure?

Second, how the frig do the vents come out on this model? The vents on my 04 came out kinda easily and I don't want to bust these... any suggestions?

third, any of you find any aftermarket knobs for the AC/rear defroster/vent/air flow dials/buttons?

Uhhh I think thats about it for now. Unless any of you knwo of any other nifty after market parts that can be purchased? I wish this model had the nicer dash instead of the plastic thing... blah oh well.

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
FF Focus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 56207
What I Drive: 2005, Red, ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 1 FF Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If I remeber correctly its that the 2005-2007 Ford Focii Interriors are Identical but i will double check this today as my mother has a 2007 and i have a 2005 and as for the vents i will be taking pictures tonight as they should be the next things that i paint and i have LED's inside them already so i will be posting again tonite on this... but they are screwed in so you have like 8 bazillion screws to take out to get to the inside so you can take the vents out.. if you are doing it i would recommend doing everything that you want to it in 1 shot and save yourself the hassel of doing it multiple times
Old 05-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
joshfink
Focus Addict

how do they come out? panel popper to the plastic around the vent and pull them out? as I said I don't want to damage them... and I am looking to paint them myself... silver... having a black car kinda leaves me with no real color choices (at least in my opinion... I guess I could do any freaking color out there but silver probably would look best)
Old 05-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
FF Focus
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 56207
What I Drive: 2005, Red, ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 1 FF Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
umm...just a small standard screwdriver would work fine i have my full panel popper set but i will take pictures tonite or at the very least tomorrow when there is daylight and i clean my car, have to head to probation soon :(
Old 05-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
honhon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 24778
What I Drive: a better car than a focus.

FF Reputation: 219 honhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Memberhonhon Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
the only "replacement" HVAC panel is the SVT one which is silver over your black unit...

the vents, IIRC just pop out... you just have to find out where the clips are at...

and the gauge overlays are the same
Old 05-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
Roland07
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51147
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 51 Roland07 Excellent Standing Member
The AC knobs do not come off on the 07s. I remember a thread regarding the Steeda AC knobs, some poor soul ordered them and then couldn't get his stock knobs off.
L.O.T.H. #9
Old 05-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #7
joshfink
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland07 View Post
The AC knobs do not come off on the 07s. I remember a thread regarding the Steeda AC knobs, some poor soul ordered them and then couldn't get his stock knobs off.
Aww crap! I hate the knobs on this damn thing too. I also need to figure out where I am gonna place my GPS... Having sattelite radio and a radar detector is making finding a mounting spot nearly impossible that looks good :/
Old 05-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
slickzx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40686
What I Drive: 2007 Ford mustang GT/CS

FF Reputation: 5 slickzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
i dont know about o7s but my o6 ac knobs came off, i had purchased the steeda aluminum knobs and they wouldnt go on all the way so i shaved the plastic shaft little by little til they went on and presto i now have knobs[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #9
joshfink
Focus Addict

Is that one of those peal and stick dash kits? Also where did you get your knobs as I need to buy them ;) the 07 dash is exactly the same... gotta love how ford changes stuff
Old 05-22-2008, 09:26 PM   #10
slickzx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40686
What I Drive: 2007 Ford mustang GT/CS

FF Reputation: 5 slickzx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
yes it is a steeda carbonfiber dash kit, it is quite thick and is of high quality, and has 3m brand backing, and the knobs are from steeda, but please make sure that yours meaning all three of the knobs come off first, if so you can use them but remember what i said, you will have to modify the shaft coming off, it is kinda a star shape like a torx bit,but has a flat side, just take a sharp knife and shave the flat part the most,and kinda knock off the points of the stars alittle at a time, just keep checking the knob for fit, if you cut too much off its ok just take some plasitic that the knobs come in and put over the shaft then slide the knob over to kinda act like a wedge, i did this to mine and they work fine.just remember if you want the knobs bad enough its worth the modification. it sounds complicated but its pretty simple, one other thing is that the light that shines through is white to fix this i had a home strobe light that had some blue clear tint to make the light blue, i cut it to the shape of the knob and slid it over back before i put it on.as you can see it was worth it. MAKE SURE T HE KNOBS DO COME OFF OR YOU WILL HAVE WASTED YOUR MONEY. if needed i can take pics of what i did to help just pm me .

Bookmarks & Social Networks