Need engine code (serial number) on 2000 focus - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-18-2005, 03:52 AM   #1
Scud64
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 23276
FF Reputation: 1 Scud64 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Need engine code (serial number) on 2000 focus

My girlfriend's ford focus is having issues rights now. In the month of March my girlfriend took her car to a mechanic to be diagnosed for engine problems. The mechanic decided it would be in her best intrest to have an engine 'swap'. I put that into quotations because I do not believe he really did the swap. Because, as of today the engine is having the same problem she described to me originally (cylinder slaping the valve). I was not dating her when the engine was originally on its way out and I am not to familiar with focuses. Okay so what I am trying to find out is if he truly did the swap by checking the vin # and the engine number/code/sn or whatever I need.

So the jist of my question is how can I find out if the engine thats in the car is the same one that has always been in the car. So in order to do that I guess i need the number on the engine which i could not find. So any pics or descriptions of where to find it would be appreciated.

So once again how do I check the Vin to engine code.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2005, 05:07 AM   #2
rompin2.0focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7208
Points 3,161, Level 34
Points: 3,161, Level: 34 Points: 3,161, Level: 34 Points: 3,161, Level: 34
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rompin2.0focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Counting from the left of the VIN, the engine code letter designation is the 8th digit.

P = 2.0L SPI 4-Cyl
3 = 2.0L Zetec 4-Cyl

The engine number is stamped onto a machined pad on the external surface of the engine block. There's also an identification label that's usually on the timing belt cover. Lemme know if this helps! If not, I'll try to get some more info for you.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:02 PM   #3
Scud64
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 23276
FF Reputation: 1 Scud64 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by rompin2.0focus
Counting from the left of the VIN, the engine code letter designation is the 8th digit.

P = 2.0L SPI 4-Cyl
3 = 2.0L Zetec 4-Cyl

The engine number is stamped onto a machined pad on the external surface of the engine block. There's also an identification label that's usually on the timing belt cover. Lemme know if this helps! If not, I'll try to get some more info for you.
well there was a stricker on the left side of the engine that I thought was bear the timming belt. The sticker read "DEFTP 244 783 935 2.0 L"

where is this machined pad normally located, top, side, or wha?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.