jackson racing supercharger - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-17-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
Grandma
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20109
FF Reputation: 1 Grandma Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question jackson racing supercharger

Im looken into gettin a JRSC and it has been used for about 30000km so its fairly new. Im just wondering if I get it how reliable will my car be? at the moment I have 35000 km so my car is also new. I have been reading and see that alot of ppl seem to have a problem with the head gaskets?

What I wana know is, if i get this will my car eventually break? or what should I look out for? I dont use it as a regular car?

He is also asking 3000 canadian. It comes with the ecu and all the JRSC kit. Is there anything else I should look into getting? He has ran it for a while and claims no problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2005, 09:52 PM   #2
silver02svtf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 441
What I Drive: 2002 ford focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 silver02svtf Good Standing Member
Are you getting it from someone in Ottawa...I know who it is if so. Seriously you should be ok they are pretty hardy units and if you do need any nuts and bolts just order it from jacksonracing. Make sure to get it tuned too, better for performance and wear and tear on your engine. $3K cdn is reasonable, thats what I paid for mine (used)...including pillar pod, a/f and boost guages, exhaust cam gear and colder plugs. Can't wait.

#1885 out of 4788
Old 05-17-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
silver02svtf
Focus Enthusiast

I just noticed on your sig you've got tom's tune...just get it updated he has a jrsc tune, also you'll have to remove you're udp. It's not recommended, so I hear.

#1885 out of 4788
Old 05-17-2005, 10:44 PM   #4
Grandma
Focus Enthusiast

really thats what i was wondering , ah well easy change, yea its a guy from ottawa steve, my buddie rob is neighbours with him. Hopefully everything will go well and it also comes with the bod and gauges. How long have you been running yours?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:56 PM   #5
Toolman00
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2744
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4x4

FF Reputation: 3 Toolman00 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
UDP's will work with the JRSC, but will lower the boost because the UDP's will underdrive the supercharger. You can put a smaller pulley on the supercharger to bring it back to "stock" boost levels, but you can only go so much smaller.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:00 PM   #6
Grandma
Focus Enthusiast

also as a question with the JRSC ecu that comes with it, do you still need a tune? I think so but im not to sure. Or do you not use the ECU and just get a tune?
Old 05-17-2005, 11:06 PM   #7
Grandma
Focus Enthusiast

good point, i might put the stock pully back on, prob once i install the kit
Old 05-17-2005, 11:48 PM   #8
silver02svtf
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Grandma
really thats what i was wondering , ah well easy change, yea its a guy from ottawa steve, my buddie rob is neighbours with him. Hopefully everything will go well and it also comes with the bod and gauges. How long have you been running yours?
I almost bought that one but found one a little closer to home. I don't have mine on yet....I'm in the same position as you. I haven't made the transaction yet..I'm still waiting for him to get some of the hardware (nut/bolts etc.) from jr so I'll have everything I need in order to dump it off to Steeda and have them do the install and tune.

To answer your question re the jrsc black box (ecu) it obviously can be used. I believe steve used it and made almost 200 whp on the dyno. But since you already have a predator flasher all you have to do is get Tom to download you a custom tune for the jrsc and you'll be much better off both from a performance stand point as well as engine longevity. Then you can do away with the black box.

#1885 out of 4788
Old 05-18-2005, 12:35 AM   #9
Grandma
Focus Enthusiast

steve will probibaly wana sell the kit with the box, so either way id rather use Toms tune then the box just because I am more comfortable and I dont wana be so hard on my engine. Tom has alot of good stuff so :D
Old 05-18-2005, 12:50 AM   #10
silver02svtf
Focus Enthusiast

good call. Keep us updated...I'd like to know how everything works out.

#1885 out of 4788

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->