WTF-- My 1/4 track times - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-15-2005, 05:50 PM   #1
00svtprototype
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17274
What I Drive: 00 blk zx3_AXT

FF Reputation: 1 00svtprototype Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
WTF-- My 1/4 track times

Ok I'm pissed after I ran my car finally at the 1/4 track lastnight for the first time.

These are my mods: FC udp's, FR wires, colder plugs, OBX shortys w/ ORP, Magnaflow catback, short intake ---- and I also have a Automatic but still Damm.

Here are my times:

1) 17.948 Overdrive on R/T was .366

2) 17.696 Overdrive off R/T was .156

3) 18.207 Overdrive on R/T was .528

I don't know what hell is wrong with my car, it seems slower after I put on my header and exaust- but it felt stronger at the same time. these times don't even add up to my 1/8 track time which a few months ago it was 11.109 - so I'm assuming the shortys help me on the bottom end times but hurts top end like 1/4 mile.

any suggestions will help, because I'm going to throw in the towel and stop modding, this really hit me bad- getting the rest of my SVT kit then done with the car.

SVT: front bumper/grilles...headlights..door handles.. SVTF.wheels w/ Z rated rubber 2in. drop...smoked tails...EBC dimpled/slotted rotors w/ Hawk pads...20% tint...FR wires..FC UDP's...Steeda short ram ...OBX headers..Magnaflow stainless catback exaust...strut bar...blk ford badges, window guards

coming really soon: adding forced induction. havent decided which one yet but car has 112,000 miles on it so I'm trying to blow it up..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
focusZX505
FOCUS REVOLUTION

Fan#: 19251
What I Drive: 08 Black Coupe

FF Reputation: 4 focusZX505 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
well with auto really u don't hit much of your high end so since u have race heaed's it hurt u low end
SCSCC #320
Old 05-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
17's (high) are common for an ATX. Last year at the track I ran against one with a few less mods then you have and he was in the low 18's.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:42 PM   #4
00svtprototype
Focus Addict

damm, Isnt 17's stock for a focus though? I swore the Zts stock ran 17's and it was a ATX- mines a little lighter and modded lightly- any suggestions on what to improve my times?
SVT: front bumper/grilles...headlights..door handles.. SVTF.wheels w/ Z rated rubber 2in. drop...smoked tails...EBC dimpled/slotted rotors w/ Hawk pads...20% tint...FR wires..FC UDP's...Steeda short ram ...OBX headers..Magnaflow stainless catback exaust...strut bar...blk ford badges, window guards

coming really soon: adding forced induction. havent decided which one yet but car has 112,000 miles on it so I'm trying to blow it up..lol
Old 05-15-2005, 07:38 PM   #5
Focus Racer S2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14203
What I Drive: 2002 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX3 ATX

FF Reputation: 1 Focus Racer S2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by S2
17's (high) are common for an ATX. Last year at the track I ran against one with a few less mods then you have and he was in the low 18's.
If could run low 17's back in the day I don't see why this man can't and I was less modded than he is. The last time I was on the track my best time was a 17.3 second run and top time was a 17.5 not bad for an ATX at all. Back the all I had was my fart can without the midsection resonator on, Iceman Intake, UR UDP. I do remeber runnin a 16.1 but that was insanity. I had no rear seat no, passenger seat and no spare tire not to mention I had 93 octane fuel mixed up with an octane booster. Make wonders for the car. You should try it to. The ATX is not so bad once you get the hang of it. But speaking the truth I don't know what to say man. I just can't figure out why you're car is runnin those times.
<---<<Zetec Crew #66 / ATX Faction #21>>-->
To modify or not to modify ? ? ? That is the question right now ! ! !
Old 05-15-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
Focus Racer S2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 14203
What I Drive: 2002 Egg Yolk Yellow ZX3 ATX

FF Reputation: 1 Focus Racer S2 Good Standing Member
Maybe a chip and some camshafts and camgears but still with the mods you have you should be able to run low 17's and maybe touch high 16's. If I could less modded do a low 17's don't see any reason you can't specially with all those mods you have.
<---<<Zetec Crew #66 / ATX Faction #21>>-->
To modify or not to modify ? ? ? That is the question right now ! ! !
Old 05-15-2005, 09:13 PM   #7
00svtprototype
Focus Addict

well, I prolly could of ran low 17's. It was durign the day when I ran and I was going to do one last final run at night- when car cooled off and it closed on me so never got to ran it again.

my 1/8 miles dont add up either, quickest 1/8 was 11.6 at this track thats when i ran a 17.6

my best was 11.1 in a 1/8 .

Old 05-15-2005, 10:05 PM   #8
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by 00svtprototype
damm, Isnt 17's stock for a focus though? I swore the Zts stock ran 17's and it was a ATX- mines a little lighter and modded lightly- any suggestions on what to improve my times?
bye a new car. .....yeah i have an atx too. Havent taken it to the track or modded it yet...but im getting discouraged too about going for performance mods. Its just we atxers have to spend so much too get so little compared to the manual focus guys. Kinda makes u just wanna quit b/c it almost seems not worth the money. But keep at it im sure u can get lower times. Just keep at it and analyze ur runs, and try to figure out what u can do to make it better. Good luck. But what we need is a fellow atxer to show us the way and bring light back to us.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:07 PM   #9
00svtprototype
Focus Addict

good advise thank you, i just wish i got a 5 speed damm

Old 05-15-2005, 10:25 PM   #10
Sonicbluezx3
.....NObama.....

Fan#: 8674
What I Drive: 05 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 Sonicbluezx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
u could always do a tranny swap...but that would be a PITA...just get a SCT man, every1 says it does wonders for the automagic

Bookmarks & Social Networks