Worst car owner EVER! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-14-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
azflyboy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 23084
What I Drive: 2001 White ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 azflyboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking Worst car owner EVER!

I thought some of you might find this funny or at least interesting.
This all started last summer when i went and looked at a 2001 ZX3 with only about 15k miles on the odometer. The owner was a nice Arab guy who got the car in a divorce and didn't want it, so he was only asking $8000 for it. I test drove it and noticed that the cruise control was dead as were some lights. I had the car looked at by a mechanic and also ran a CarFax on it. The mechanic said that the car just needed some new fuses and a bulb adn tha carfax came back clean.
Since the car was still under warranty, I bought it and when I got to DMV, to change the registration, i got my first nasty surpirse. All went well until they ran the title through the computer system. When they did so, the tile came up as a class C title, which is for cars that are either complete rebuilds (restorations or wrecked) or are salvaged. It turns out that the issue was that the DMV had no record of the original title and therefore could not verify that the odometer wasn't rolled back. I called up the seller who told me who the company was who had had the original paperwork that DMV needed. With that info i asked the DMV if they could check with the office in Phoenix if the title was there. It turns out that the title agency had never bothered to give the title to DMV and had vanished off the face of the earth. I had the car looked at again (at the sellers expense) and the mechanic said there was no evidence of domoeter fraud and the car had no evidence of an accident or slavage. Since I wasn't gonig to resell teh car anyways (it'll be driven ino the ground) and all the C title does is drop resale value, I really didn't think it as a huge deal.

Shortly after buying the car I took it into the dealer (to get the fuses replaced and the lights fixed) and they found that the seller had put fuses in the car that were rated way too high, and this necesitated a replacement of the fusebox. While fixing this the dealer found that the battery was not even intended for the car and had been jammed into the holder, which also had to be fixed.

All went well after that repair until I noticed that the ride seemd a little harsh and decided to check the tire pressure. To my amazement, the tires were all between 90-100PSI! I quickly deflated the tires to a sane value and had the tires inspected (they were remarkably fine).

About 3 months after getting the car, I had a tail light burn out as well as a foglamp. This time the dealer found wiring that had beenburned out by teh older fuses and fixed it.

Thankfully I have had no more issues with the car, but from time to time I still find some litttle deatil the old owner managed to mess up, such as; wipers on the wrong side, a gascap that didn't fit, antifreeze in the wiper fluid tank, and my personal favorite, a bottle of lighter fluid under the spare tire that had been leaking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Well.........congrats and I am verr surprised that your not one the many complainers we get and you are willing to work on the cars issues, much props on that.
Welcome also and wow, very long story.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
Blurvfocus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 15299
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Wine Cooled Eng.

FF Reputation: 54 Blurvfocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ride A LITTLE harsh?!! Omigosh! Maybe the previous owner was determined NOT to have his tires blow out from underinflation like on the big ford SUV's. Or maybe he was a gas mileage freak.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:59 PM   #4
Foci_Fosho
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5736
What I Drive: 2003 White zx3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 16 Foci_Fosho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
heh anti-freeze in the windshield wiper tank... some people just aren't even close to educated.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:29 PM   #5
Poney
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4767
What I Drive: 07 F one-fiddy

FF Reputation: 8 Poney Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
HAHA ! I would have drove back to the previous owner and slapped em for Focus Abuse !!! No wonder his wife divorced him !!
Old 05-15-2005, 02:40 PM   #6
GAfocusZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17881
What I Drive: 2006 white ZXW

FF Reputation: 1 GAfocusZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
what an idiot.... that guy needs to be smacked around a bit with a wet noodle....

well, I hope everything keeps going well for you and your focus, but if you ever see that idiot again, smack him one for me.

Current mods: None:(
Old 05-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #7
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Wow that's an insane story!

Glad things seem to be working out for you though, overall. Hopefully nothing major pops up further down the line!
Old 05-16-2005, 01:37 PM   #8
Gismo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20266
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver C-Dan

FF Reputation: 1 Gismo Good Standing Member
Re: Worst car owner EVER!

Quote:
Originally posted by azflyboy

All went well after that repair until I noticed that the ride seemd a little harsh and decided to check the tire pressure. To my amazement, the tires were all between 90-100PSI!
I could just picture the tires. They musta had like 1square inch contact patch!!! LOL!! And looked like overstuffed doughnuts.

Oh... and congrats on the car.
-- During the next 24 hours, the world will consume the equivalent of 220 million barrels of oil. That energy drives the economic progress that improves the quality of life for people around the world. Do I give a damn? Not as long as supercars are guzzling it. --

~Jeremy~
Old 05-16-2005, 02:22 PM   #9
LokiG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20873
What I Drive: 2003 Maroon SE

FF Reputation: 1 LokiG Good Standing Member
I can just see it now...you go to use your wipers with a good squirt of washer, and someone ahead of you chucks a cigarette out his window and it hits your car.

Glad to hear that everything's in decent shape now.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:47 PM   #10
TheGeak
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9559
What I Drive: '04 CD Metallic Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 TheGeak Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Wow, thats amazing! Glad you've got everything up and running well again! If you have any questions, there's a lot of good help here!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks