to prepare my engine - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-26-2003, 04:22 PM   #1
slim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 447
What I Drive: focus zx5

FF Reputation: 1 slim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
to prepare my engine

Ive already talked to tom about his kit . I posted along time ago . What I was wondering is there anything I really need to do to my motor to prepare it for the turbo . And I was also wondering , I have a 4-1 race header on it right now . Does his kit come with something to replace it . I know it comes with a turbo header but what about after that . My header came with the flex pipe combo. Is that what the down pipe is for . And what about my o2 sensors is there going to be something that they will screw into ? Or will I have to buy a high flow cat or something.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2003, 06:52 AM   #2
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Toms kit is complete, yes your race header will be replaced.

Adding stronger internals to your engine is a great idea, however money may be the problem.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:15 AM   #3
slim
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 447
What I Drive: focus zx5

FF Reputation: 1 slim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Okay but what about the o2 sensors. I dont want to hang in space . does the down pipe have holes for the sensors. And also I was talking to tom here on this site he told me That as long as I didnt go higher than 220 hp My bottom end would be fine.

Bookmarks & Social Networks