is saleen a joke or what? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 11:53 AM   #1
teddyrob
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1500
FF Reputation: 3 teddyrob Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
is saleen a joke or what?

there was just a story on tv about steve saleen and his s7 and his previous efforts. the s7 is a joke, its performance is bettered by the new ford gt and im sure a few ferraris and lambos, and they cost a fraction of the saleen. $400,000?? is this guy serious or what? anyone who would buy this 'kit car' for that price needs an examination. i remember also years ago when saleen would work on the late 80's mustangs with 5.0's. i read a road test where saleen had done like $10k of work and the car was slower in acceleration times! what a genius this guy is. im not sure if saleen is any different now with the 90's style mustangs?? if they have actually improved performance i would be surprised. as far as the s7 i hope this guy has to buy up every copy himself, its sure to be a failure along the lines of the delorean. oh an merry christmas everyone!

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2003, 12:05 PM   #2
CowsGoMoo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 324
What I Drive: VW GLI 1.8Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 CowsGoMoo Good Standing Member
When you buy a Saleen, you buy the name. Not all of them suck, but they are overly priced for what you get.

My ZX5 Focus!
Old 12-25-2003, 12:07 PM   #3
teddyrob
Focus Addict

agreed moo! i bet if saleen worked on a svt focus he could get 0-60 under 10 seconds!
Old 12-25-2003, 01:45 PM   #4
03ChromeChica
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1133
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver ZX5 Zetec

FF Reputation: 4 03ChromeChica Good Standing Member
10 seconds, damn!
Old 12-26-2003, 04:59 AM   #5
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Easy on mr. saleen, he is a good guy and his company sometimes make excellent products.

Saleens are tuner cars, take a mustang, add performance and appearance and you have a saleen.

Btw if you think a saleen is a joke, line up against an S-351 or S-281 and lemme know how it goes.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:06 AM   #6
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Saleen S-351 0-60 4.4 seconds and 1/4 mile in 12.6
Old 12-26-2003, 05:51 AM   #7
teddyrob
Focus Addict

focaltech ill tell you what i think is a joke. take my brothers old 87 5.0 lx coupe STOCK and it would have beaten any SALEEN modified gt of that period. apples to apples ok? that is a joke. i clearly remember the old road tests where this guy worked on a mustang and it was SLOWER! so dont tell me what some absurdly expensive mustang like that s351 will do...its irrelevant...in my opinion the guys a joke. and btw a stock zo6 vette would beat that 351 for less money with a factory warranty.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:48 AM   #8
svt_pony
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 1622
What I Drive: 2001 sangria red zx3, 2003 Escape XLT

FF Reputation: 1 svt_pony Good Standing Member
Well for the early Saleen Mustangs 85 was the first year, although I think 86 was for the public. They only put suspension pieces in those first 5-6 years of Saleen. No motor work at all. It wasn't untill about 89 or so with the Saleen SC and SSC that they started playing with the engine. And even then it was minor. Starting with the SN-94 body, After the fox platform, they started to offer more options with the engine.

Saleen is expensive, but not any more than a Steeda, or Rousch. With all you buy the name, and help with their profit margins. And Steve, Jack and whomever ownes Steeda thank you for your support.
Old 12-26-2003, 06:11 PM   #9
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
One of our local dealers sells Roush, they have every stage including the new convertable. They are sweet and look great, but all the salesmen will tell you, buy a Cobra if you are looking for the same but only cheaper.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 12-26-2003, 06:33 PM   #10
CrazyMatt
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe

Fan#: 2179
What I Drive: 2009 Octane Blue Pearl Lancer GTS

FF Reputation: 6 CrazyMatt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Saleen Focus

I was just at the Saleen website too.

Overpriced.. I couldn't believe they want 11 grand for a certain paint job (though I am told its pretty cool)

But, I guess they actually have a Saleen Focus up ther enow.. Called the Focus N20... THey tout it as having everything you need for Nitrous.. except the main line and the full tank. Every component is supposed to be 'Nitrous-ready"

I dunno if that sounds cool, or sounds lame.. but the price I think is 25 g's.

Accurate and Complete info are up on Saleen's website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
^Slow your roll Dirk Diggler or you're going to have be back in the hospital with broken nuts!
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.