Emissions Testing?? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-24-2003, 08:41 AM   #1
Laidman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1425
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus Euro Edition

FF Reputation: 1 Laidman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Emissions Testing??

Ok, so I got a letter in the mail, saying that I have to get the Focus E-Tested before my birthday in March. My question is how well does the Focus do on that test. Has anyone got a bad test or Failed. Just curious.

Oh yeah, by adding the Ford Racing Headers, and Racing Technology Catalatic Converter, will that hurt my chances of passing??? Or should I wait until after the testing is done before installing the new mods

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2003, 09:07 AM   #2
Fabster82
Focus Addict

Fan#: 437
What I Drive: 2003 Focus zts

FF Reputation: 1 Fabster82 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
im not sure if it will effect your results but maybe it would be a good idea to wait until after the test to put the new mods on

Mods: clear corners, interior under seat neons, MAC short ram, a bosal exhaust or fs exhaust to come
Old 12-24-2003, 09:10 AM   #3
focuszx3r
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1060
FF Reputation: 1 focuszx3r Good Standing Member
I remeber looking at the results and the Focus had low emissions compared to what the allowed max was...its no ULEV but it wasnt deplorable
Old 12-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #4
Focusedat50
It's been fun.......

Fan#: 1409
What I Drive: Boosted ZX5 ATX - 179WHP/158TQ

FF Reputation: 2 Focusedat50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Are you installing the Ford Racing SHORTY Headers? I have a similar setup but haven't had to do any emissions testing so I couldn't tell you what to expect. I believe I would not take the chance and just wait until after the test to install those mods.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:50 AM   #5
soffiler

Fan#: 372
What I Drive: '03 ZX3 PZEV 5-spd Twilight Blue; '97 F-250 4x4 w/ 351 V8 & AT

FF Reputation: 1 soffiler Good Standing Member
Re: Emissions Testing??

Quote:
Originally posted by Laidman
Ok, so I got a letter in the mail, saying that I have to get the Focus E-Tested before my birthday in March. My question is how well does the Focus do on that test. Has anyone got a bad test or Failed. Just curious.

Oh yeah, by adding the Ford Racing Headers, and Racing Technology Catalatic Converter, will that hurt my chances of passing??? Or should I wait until after the testing is done before installing the new mods
Is your MIL (Check Engine Light) on? (or heaven forbid have you eliminated it?) The computer is pretty smart. If you have no MIL, it is extremely likely that all of your emissions equipment is working to spec and you will breeze through the test.

Wait on the install of the mod's, absolutely.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:58 AM   #6
EuroZX3Focus
Black Magik

Fan#: 135
What I Drive: '00 Focus ZX3, '00 Civic EX Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have to get my focus e-tested too but I dont think I can because its dropped and kitted, last time I took my honda in which was dropped and kitted to they trashed my body kit and I walked away with lots of cash lol but Id rather not go through all that again and I like my focus
Old 12-24-2003, 10:07 AM   #7
guerro
Focus Addict

Fan#: 339
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST Oxford White

FF Reputation: 1 guerro Good Standing Member
Re: Emissions Testing??

Quote:
Originally posted by Laidman

Well, if it is any indication, my bone stock '92 Mustang 5.0 measured 10 HC PPM where 120 is the max. allowable. And 0% CO where 1.00 is max. allowable. I highly doubt you will be anywwhere close to the limits with a stock Focus. Even with the mods, I bet you would still pass easily. Good Luck.

Bookmarks & Social Networks