"Entertainment Center" Swap- Possible? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #11
Xanatos903
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 181393
What I Drive: 2012 SE

FF Reputation: 1 Xanatos903 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleSh0t View Post
I have what you're looking to swap in on my 2013. It's... okay. The bluetooth phone part works for the most part, but Bluetooth Audio is a nightmare. The USB playback works sometimes, but randomly stops displaying track information. Honestly, for the money, there are MUCH better options out there.
Lol, so looks like this shouldn't be considered if I care about functionality or quality. I guess I'll start doing some research into aftermarket systems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #12
Mr Orange SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10430
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange SVT #906

FF Reputation: 2 Mr Orange SVT Good Standing Member
I know this is off topic but as I read through this thread and others like it, it just convinces me more to keep my SVT. The Alpine in the dash works great. I've never had playing issues with the iPod stowed in the glovebox and the Sirius and wheel controls all work great!

I now return this thread to it's normal broadcast topic...
Old 08-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 10 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Orange SVT View Post
I know this is off topic but as I read through this thread and others like it, it just convinces me more to keep my SVT. The Alpine in the dash works great. I've never had playing issues with the iPod stowed in the glovebox and the Sirius and wheel controls all work great!

I now return this thread to it's normal broadcast topic...
I know what you mean. Sometimes newer is not necessarily better. (Says the guy with the 24 year old car. I don't need no stinking bluetooth...)
Old 08-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #14
Mr Orange SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10430
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange SVT #906

FF Reputation: 2 Mr Orange SVT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
I know what you mean. Sometimes newer is not necessarily better. (Says the guy with the 24 year old car. I don't need no stinking bluetooth...)
Old 08-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #15
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleSh0t View Post
I have what you're looking to swap in on my 2013. It's... okay. The bluetooth phone part works for the most part, but Bluetooth Audio is a nightmare. The USB playback works sometimes, but randomly stops displaying track information. Honestly, for the money, there are MUCH better options out there.
I've not had that experience, USB always works, phone works any time I use it, and I don't much care about bluetooth audio.

Both the basic sync system and the full MFT worked far better than the MyLink system in every single respect.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #16
DoubleSh0t
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 24900
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 DoubleSh0t Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I've not had that experience, USB always works, phone works any time I use it, and I don't much care about bluetooth audio.

Both the basic sync system and the full MFT worked far better than the MyLink system in every single respect.
I've had my car at the dealer 3 times for SYNC system and each time they've reflashed it. The the last time they put a new module in. They still can't seem to get it to work.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #17
FocusBastard
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103053
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SE Hatch, 5spd

FF Reputation: 2 FocusBastard Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post

In my case it's not so much that it doesn't work, but basic stuff Apple figured out in 2001 are still problematic.

Just getting a track listing is infuriatingly difficult. You don't even get a scrollbar to see how far down the list you are, and no indication which folder you're in.

Voice interface "works" but stops listening 3 seconds in so of you're trying to ask for a specific podcast episode, it never works.

If your metadata is perfect, voice works fine. If there's any tag missing or out of place, you will never be able to call the track.

To add insult to injury, it cannot index Unicode tracks at all, and when you plug a phone in, all you get is a dumb ford logo on the screen so YOUR OBLY OPTION is the half assed voice recog.

I don't know what other manufacturers are doing, but I had the OEM MyGig touchscreen in my 2008 Dodge Charger and it was incredible by comparison. If they've kept up with the times, their system is likely one of the best ones out there.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:13 AM   #18
mechanizeddeath
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 135913
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Metallic SE

FF Reputation: 1 mechanizeddeath Good Standing Member
I feel your pain. I do like the factory system for the level of integration it offers, but the sound quality is lacking and there are other shortcomings. At least in my case, I have the mid-level model with the smaller color screen and Sirius/Bluetooth. The base model is severely lacking and it seems like there are more complaints about the top-shelf MFT model than there are about the DCT.

Anyway, I think the biggest problem is my age, I'm pushing 40 and grew up back in the day when we'd go to great lengths to get decent or even amazing sound in our cars. (Or at least rattle the foundations of buildings in a 10 block radius.) I suppose if I was half my age, I'd be content with some compressed and autotuned garbage pushed through an anemic paper cone speaker, but that isn't the case.

So now I'm faced with the choice of an ugly dash kit and the loss of some/all of the factory integration (unsure, haven't researched that much) or else I go the route of an active line out converter, and hoping that even my aging ears find that compromise acceptable.

Really missing those days when I could just swap out one rectangular audio device for another and see an instant improvement.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #19
FocusBastard
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103053
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SE Hatch, 5spd

FF Reputation: 2 FocusBastard Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanizeddeath View Post
I feel your pain. I do like the factory system for the level of integration it offers, but the sound quality is lacking and there are other shortcomings. At least in my case, I have the mid-level model with the smaller color screen and Sirius/Bluetooth. The base model is severely lacking and it seems like there are more complaints about the top-shelf MFT model than there are about the DCT.

Anyway, I think the biggest problem is my age, I'm pushing 40 and grew up back in the day when we'd go to great lengths to get decent or even amazing sound in our cars. (Or at least rattle the foundations of buildings in a 10 block radius.) I suppose if I was half my age, I'd be content with some compressed and autotuned garbage pushed through an anemic paper cone speaker, but that isn't the case.

So now I'm faced with the choice of an ugly dash kit and the loss of some/all of the factory integration (unsure, haven't researched that much) or else I go the route of an active line out converter, and hoping that even my aging ears find that compromise acceptable.

Really missing those days when I could just swap out one rectangular audio device for another and see an instant improvement.
I know that feel.

Here, http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324097

I'll be looking into that once I get some free time. Should fix sound quality woes at least.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:42 AM   #20
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Moved to the Car Audio section for easier reference.

S.R. #275

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->