Why WRC isn't accepted?? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #11
EGGO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21789
What I Drive: 2001 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 EGGO Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Oh yeah, there's this saying I think may apply here, "Anyone can fire a bullet. Few can actually steer it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #12
lunarc
Focus Addict

Fan#: 343
What I Drive: 02' Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 lunarc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
WRC rocks, i have been following forever now, too bad no more cable but i keep track online and have 2 gigs of photos of many of the races...does not get any better than WRC in my opinion
2002 SVT Focus #1848
---------------------------
New ride E36 DINAN BMW, Dinan CAI, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Stg1 Suspension, Dinan Stg1 Chip
Old 05-04-2005, 11:34 AM   #13
pspringe
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 17992
What I Drive: 95 Metro, 03 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 5 pspringe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think they need an event in E. TN / W. NC. Great roads for it.

Kariertes Hemd und Samenstau, ich studier' Maschienenbau.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #14
fat pat
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18326
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT Zx3

FF Reputation: 1 fat pat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
rally i love it. but its definalty true, most americas prefer crashes over driving skill. im not saying nascar doesnt take skill, because it definatly does. with that many cars in such close quarters, thats nuts. There is american rally, but no one even knows about it. WRC is all we can really get thats televised. rallys time will come, just wait
Old 05-04-2005, 06:42 PM   #15
mountandriver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13158
What I Drive: blue Chevy Truck,Jeep Rubicon

FF Reputation: 1 mountandriver Good Standing Member
I think the ford focus should more resemble the wrc focus 300 hp turbo & all wheel drive
Old 05-04-2005, 09:49 PM   #16
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
off road, baja truck racing....now thats some cool racing, too bad they didnt show it on tv all the time. WRC is awsome too.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #17
PapoSwing
Regulator...mount up

Fan#: 3062
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 28 PapoSwing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Well similar to the Baja, I watch the Dakar rally every year. It is great endurance racing!
Old 05-05-2005, 05:26 AM   #18
ToTalXS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 724
What I Drive: 2000 SVT Contour

FF Reputation: 1 ToTalXS Good Standing Member
me myself im just a fan of racing......be it nascar , wrc, grand am, f1, irl, nhra ,busch series, craftsman truck, mickey thompson(sp)......it doesnt matter...oh dont forget your local 3/8ths and 1/2 mile dirt oval....there is something about a guy driving a car to beat someone else driving a car that gets my adrenaline pumping......i think those who call nascar boring arent really watching the racing thats goin on on the track....they just sit back and say "oh look heyare goin in circles" ...i get rather worked up when i see two cars racing side by side for many laps wonderin whos gonna make the mistake to lose the race...but thats just me....I would definately love to see more wrc here in the states, i know a guy in England whos says they dont get nascar over there unless he pays 25 pounds a month for one channel....i think one thing that would help wrc is time....same reason espn2 was reluctant to show live nhra drag races.....they took too long....i know what you guys are thinking "hell nascar takes three hours" but in nhra you have 4 rounds with what used to be 90 minutes between each round....thats alot of fill time for a tv station......so the nhra shortened their time between rounds and espn2 now shows more live racing......anyway just to get back on topic i definately like the wrc because of the "extreme" driving conditions...i have many videos of them and just sit there goin "how in the heck?!?!?!"
-Shawn
Old 05-05-2005, 08:13 AM   #19
SteelRain
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20144
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SteelRain Good Standing Member
^^^ I agree with ToTalXS. I am a race fan, doesn't matter what type. I have been to a few NASCAR races and NHRA drags. I go to the local 3/8 mile dirt track with my so about twice a month. I love the smell and the sounds that you get at a live event. TV coverage is awsome but doesn't compare to hearing those beasts in person. The best race I saw was a F1 in Korea. One of my Korean soldiers obtained 3 tickets and took me and another guy. That was fantastic. Never been to a WRC but watched it all the time when I was in Europe. And some funky 8x8 monster ex-military trucks going thru some serious suspension crushing courses. Racing is pure adrenaline no matter the style.
Mike
Old 05-05-2005, 08:47 AM   #20
bwojdyla
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 3589
What I Drive: Red 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 bwojdyla Good Standing Member
My initial thought on why americans don't like WRC is because we (as an aggregate) are exclusionists and don't like foreigners winning in any of our events. The most popular sports in the world have players from the global community and we pretty much ignore them. Soccer, F1, WRC, Cricket - HUGE sports. nobody in america likes them. But get a field of players that is basically north american and we'll watch the crap out of it. Baseball, football, nascar, NHRA, basketball. So, I think WRC isn't big in the US because Americans as a whole are jingoists.

Bookmarks & Social Networks