Adding cruise control to 2007 SE? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-27-2014, 12:12 AM   #1
optheory
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 179073
What I Drive: 2007 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 optheory Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Adding cruise control to 2007 SE?

Hi guys, I can't seem to find anything on here (or anywhere on the internet) about adding cruise control to the '07 focus. Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so, how involved the process is? I've seen OEM kits on eBay for the 2000-04 models, but the only kits I can seem to find for anything above those are aftermarket kits such as this Rostra kit.

I'd like to know if there's anything I can look for that might show if my car is maybe "pre-wired" in any way. Also, would I have to go to the dealer to have cruise control mode turned on? It seems like I could possibly source all of the necessary parts from a junkyard for fairly cheap.

If anyone has any feedback on this, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm about to go on a cross country trip, so cruise control would be a wonderful thing to have...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #2
Sean05
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62491
What I Drive: 13' ST2

FF Reputation: 5 Sean05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
First off your going to need to acquire
1- steering wheel with cruise control buttons
2- a cruise control module and cables

Your going to have to see if there is an extra module on those cars best bet is to call up for with a Vin from a same year car with cruise control body style won't matter because its all the same car
Old 07-27-2014, 01:20 AM   #3
optheory
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply! Assuming I can get my hands on these parts, would it be plug-and-play, or would I need to go to a dealer to get it activated? Also, have you managed to do this yourself?
Old 07-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #4
nanuk
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 166682
What I Drive: 2000 Black ZX3 Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 nanuk Good Standing Member
subscribed
Old 07-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
focus_wagon05
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 178953
What I Drive: Focus Wagon 2005

FF Reputation: 1 focus_wagon05 Good Standing Member
+1 [8d]
Old 07-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
optheory
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Let's hope someone can chime in on how to do this...
Old 07-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
Garyshome
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 176825
What I Drive: 2000 white focus

FF Reputation: 1 Garyshome Good Standing Member
You need a clock spring and some relays and some wiring. You can find info on youtube to install the cruise. A manual with wiring diagram is of much help also. It does Not need to be activated. When installed properly it works like a dream.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:46 AM   #8
optheory
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Step by step

Garyshome, I assume you're referring to this set of youtube videos on how to install. Unfortunately the author never seemed to finish the actual installation on video, which leaves me a bit confused. Also, can you elaborate on the relays I need? I wasn't able to find anything mentioned on the forum with regards to relays and adding cruise control.

I am in dire need of a wiring diagram for the '06 to '07 Ford Focus for cruise control and I haven't been able to find much of anything on the forum. Also, I went to the pick-and-pull today and got this cruise control servo/module and the cable from an '07 Focus station wagon. I cut the wire harness just like in the video:

Pre-'05 models had the cruise control mounted servo/module to the firewall as seen in that YouTube video I linked to. I also believe that there are some minor wiring differences in the '06-'07 models that need to be accounted for. By far the best resource I was able to find for adding cruise control was this thread, along with the video. I PM'd both jay-rod05 and Lscman from that thread, but unfortunately I have never heard back. They both haven't posted in a long time. From what I can see though, Lscman managed to get CC working on his '07 Focus. Really wish this were better documented since I'm probably going to run into some wiring confusion.

Questions:
  • Eventually I need to get some wires through the firewall to connect to the CC wiring harness, but I have no idea where to put them through. Any ideas? It seems incredibly cramped on the driver's side firewall...
  • Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for cruise control on an '06-'07 Focus?
Old 07-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #9
optheory
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

It looks like I do have access to all the wiring diagrams I'd ever need. Just in case someone with an '05-'07 Focus is doing the same project, here's a link to the wiring diagram PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uehi89n4jb...ford-focus.pdf

Today I'll be going back to the pick-and-pull to grab all the wiring and harnesses I'd need. Hope someone can still answer my questions above though!
Old 08-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
optheory
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Having a bit of trouble reading the wiring diagram. In the PDF in my last post, can anyone tell me where pin 3 is supposed to go? It looks like it needs to go into pin 1 of the Power Control Module, but I'm not able to find much information on where the PCM is actually located in the car. I can't find a wiring diagram for the PCM either, so if anyone can help that'd be much appreciated.

EDIT: Since this thread isn't getting much attention I made another post in the General Technical section: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459945

Last edited by optheory; 08-01-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->