Fidanza, Clutchmasters, Or FocusSport Aluminum Flywheels? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: What flywheel do you currently have?
Clutchmasters 5 11.63%
FocusSport 3 6.98%
Fidanza 35 81.40%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
Alex52686
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13382
What I Drive: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Alex52686 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Question Fidanza, Clutchmasters, Or FocusSport Aluminum Flywheels?

I haven't seen any comparesons on here between the flywheels available for our SVT's. Just wondering who has which flywheel, and if anyone prefers one over another for any reason. I will most likely be getting the Clutchmasters stage-4 clutch kit installed at the same time so I'm also conserened about the amount of gear noise I will be hearing?????

CLUTCHMASTERS

2-PIECE ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL
Clutch Masters 2-piece aluminum flywheels are made from the highest quality 6061 T6 or better grade aluminum. This material is chosen for its properties that are much more suitable for the environment than the one piece chromoly units, with regards to heat dissipation and serviceability. The replaceable friction surface used is incredibly tough high carbon steel. This allows mating with any type of clutch friction material without worry. The starter ring gears are made of high carbon heat-treated steel for lasting durability. Clutchmasters button the unit together with military grade fasteners for what many feel is the premier piece in the industry today.

Reduced Mass Increases Acceleration

6061 T6 Aluminum Construction

Replaceable High Carbon Steel Friction Surface

High Carbon Starter Ring Gears

Flywheels Meet SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2

FOCUSSPORT

FocusSport Aluminum Flywheel
Our FocusSport Aluminum flywheels are essential for any Focus enthusiast who desires a faster revving engine. The FocusSport aluminum flywheels, which weigh in at 8.5 lbs. for the MTX75 and 12.5 lbs for the Getrag, are much lighter than the heavy OEM unit that tips the scales at 21.5 lbs. for the MTX75 and 24.5 for the Getrag. What this means to you is that by utilizing a FocusSport aluminum flywheel, you'll have less rotating mass, which directly translates into more useable horsepower. And since our aluminum flywheel are lighter than OEM, it will help extend engine life, due to less stress on your engine's main bearings. Our flywheels are CNC machined from 6061 aluminum and then finished with a CSS (constant surface speed) process that results in a finish that is second to none. We use aerospace screws with self locking nuts to attach the 1050 high carbon steel friction plate to the 6061 slab. We also counter bore the shoulder between the flywheel and the heat treated ring gear, utilizing button-head screws to avoid ring gear slippage. FocusSport aluminum flywheels come in a red anodized finish.

FIDANZA

Aluminum flywheels have been used for many years for increasing performance. From the earliest days of racing and street build-ups, the world's best engine builders have been installing aluminum flywheels to give their engines the needed edge. Not only will you see a dramatic increase in usable horsepower, but engine life can also be extended since there will be less stress on the crankshaft. To achieve the greatest increase in performance an aluminum flywheel must lower the moment of inertia characteristics of the engine. Put in simpler terms, we must reduce the amount of horsepower needed to turn the flywheel so that horsepower can be used to turn the wheels. The flywheel itself is made from either 6061 T6 or 2024 T3 aluminum depending on the model. Both of these materials are tempered aluminum which are very, very strong yet very lightweight. The Fidanza SVT Focus flywheel features 1050 carbon steel friction surface as well as a 1050 steel ring gear. This CNC machined flywheel will add performance to your SVT Focus by freeing up horsepower, less weight to put into motion is more power going to the wheels!

INTERIOR: Cigarette lighter kill switch for both TC and starter, 2 Blue LED's in each air vent, Dual Guage Pod W/Voltmeter+Air/Fuel Guage, brushed aluminum switch panel, Custom SpeedHut dash (blue with silver flames), RAZO pedals, Blue dome light,
AUDIO: Pioneer DEH-P8MP Head Unit, 2 Xtant 12" subs (500W RMS 2000W Peak/each), Alphasonik PMA1000HCA (500 Watts x 2 @ 4 ohms Stereo 3000W Peak), 4 JBLs, Pac-Audio wired steering wheel control interface, Sirius Satelite Radio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #2
Svt4life
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2462
What I Drive: 2002 Redfire Mustang Gt

FF Reputation: 1 Svt4life Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i have the fidanza + stage 3 clutchmasters kit ... there is a bit of gear noise but its definetly worth it. the car rev's alot easier and faster. You should either go with the fidanza or clutchmasters flywheel doesn't really matter. The gear noise is there but its not something ur like " man why is there so much gear noise" u'll hardly even notice it since u'll be too buzy revving it up. after the install i also noticed that the engine made a different sound more agressive from the 4k to redline rpm range.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
jaykirs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13947
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jaykirs Good Standing Member
Can you put up a link for the SPEC piece frush? I am also window shopping for a clutch and flywheel so I will know what to get when my clutch takes a crap LOL
04 SVTF #204 of 1978
SVT Squad #66

Understeer scares the driver, oversteer scares the passenger.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:59 PM   #4
Daeron
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20554
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Daeron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
It looks like the CM and Fidanza flywheels are darn near the same thing. Weights of each would be nice to see.
#2277 of 3985 born on 5/27/03
SVT Squad #20

SCT XCal2 (Hypnotic), AEM CAI, VR rear engine mount, FC ORP, FRPP STS, FC 2pc UDP, Eibach Pro-Kit springs/KYB AGX dampers, FRPP HIDs, Sony CDX-M8815X, Pioneer TS-A6880R front speakers, 16" Rota Grid (Royal Gunmetal) w/Falken Azenis RT615's

2004 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra Convertible, Mystichrome
#292 of 1896
Old 05-02-2005, 03:57 PM   #5
jaykirs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13947
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jaykirs Good Standing Member
Hmmm, it only shows an application for the 2.3 ... unless I am looking in the wrong place lol

for 2004 model year that is, I tried other years and I didn't see one for the SVTF.
04 SVTF #204 of 1978
SVT Squad #66

Understeer scares the driver, oversteer scares the passenger.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #6
crazymechanic
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12900
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 crazymechanic Good Standing Member
focussport is made by fidanza I believe
Old 12-11-2005, 11:42 AM   #7
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Fidanza Flywheel and ClutchMasters stage 4 kit........
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 12-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #8
PapoSwing
Regulator...mount up

Fan#: 3062
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 28 PapoSwing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Guys is there really such a difference between them or is this just coming down to preference
Old 12-18-2005, 12:17 AM   #9
ouikikazz
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 6707
What I Drive: 2k2 Infra-Red SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ouikikazz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally posted by PapoSwing
Guys is there really such a difference between them or is this just coming down to preference
there really isn't a difference, hence why i just went with fidanza, its such a big company and cheaper than focussport so i know the quality is there... www.ultrarev.com go through them and you'll get a good deal and get your questions answered. They'll tell you to get fidanza because if it ever has ne issues, fidanza will look at it and if its their fault (on quality and stuff) they'll replace it.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:04 AM   #10
myblacksvt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6660
Location: roasting tires all over the east coast, Afghanistan
What I Drive: 2003 Honda S2000 / 1990 honda civic

FF Reputation: 1 myblacksvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
FIDANZA!!!!!! 9lbs and its only $328. im using one on my other car and when we replaced the clutch it didnt even need to be resurfaced. i use a 6 puck so i was pretty suprised when we saw how well it held up.

turbo/VTEC

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->