Procharger + nitrous build thread - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #11
blanezx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 764
What I Drive: 03 twi-blue zx3

FF Reputation: 5 blanezx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
^^ looking forward to this as its what i have in mind as well. so will it be a simple single nozzle system for the nitrous. or are you going to go a little crazy... i love the look of direct port setups, jsut saying.
I can't say for sure right now what kind of kits we'll be using. At first it'll be the single nozzle Zex kit. I would go direct port if I could find a FRIM. I don't like drilling/tapping plastic or composite materials like that FC intake.

I will say this. It'll have 2 stages.

FR stg 2 cams, UR cam gears, FC 65mm TB, ported 2k manifold, 50lb injectors, FC race header, Bosal flex, Borla catback, Zex, Procharger, Xcal2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2014, 03:22 AM   #12
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

Fan#: 64465
What I Drive: blue sub #6

FF Reputation: 10 Paladin Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
iirc NX made some sort of sandwich adapter thing that put the nozzles right under the fuel injectors themselves using the same hole... i dont know if they still do that but it would be the cleanest way to run it possible. all youd need then is some spacers and longer bolts fro the hardware store to support the rail. let me see if i can find those. things.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #13
blanezx3
Focus Addict

Yep, but that's only going to allow one stage unless I use a Y block. Otherwise, still have to find out how to do the 2nd stage. I could go with a TB adapter plate that's drilled for a nozzle. I don't want to keep one in the intake tube because I've had to change my TPS multiple times over the years.

If anyone is wondering..

I decided to spray because the PC won't give gobs of torque off the line like a turbo. The spray will add some to get the piggy off the line. My brother and I have been using nitrous in various applications for over 10 years so we're confident in getting that aspect right. I have shit for experience with turbo setups - the last car I drove with a turbo was an SRT-4 and, not being used to turbo setups, I spun or bogged. I couldn't get the boost right when staging (no 2 step) so my times were about .5-1 second off what they should have been. That being said, I feel a lot more confident in the PC/spray setup than I would with a turbo setup. That's not to say I won't go turbo in the future.. I just want to go with what we have right now and see how it goes.

I should also note that this car isn't my DD - I have an 08 HD NightRod Special and an 08 Explorer for that. The zx3 will pretty much be seeing nothing but 110 octane. Tom suggested we tune it on 93 and then adjust the tune once we get to the track. I like that idea just because it won't cost me $10/gal on the off chance I want to drive it to car shows, tracks, around town, etc. I plan to keep it off the street but ya never know.

Hmm.. I could practice with a turbo kit on the bike...

FR stg 2 cams, UR cam gears, FC 65mm TB, ported 2k manifold, 50lb injectors, FC race header, Bosal flex, Borla catback, Zex, Procharger, Xcal2
Old 07-26-2014, 10:36 AM   #14
blanezx3
Focus Addict

Ohh I can't wait.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:51 AM   #15
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

i like the spacer plate idea. if done right it would make for a sneaky install.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:12 AM   #16
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 47 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Nothing a little paint can't hide for fancy colored looking plates lol

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 07-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #17
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

^^ yup. are there any plates that actually fit a focus? or will it have to be a custom piece?
Old 07-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #18
blanezx3
Focus Addict

I haven't looked for any. I'll do that once the engine is ready to go. If anything, I can get a chunk of aluminum and have it machined based off of the 65mm TB.

There would be more done so far but I had to go and buy a bunch of things. I did pick up a powder coating kit so I'm going to try my hand at that.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #19
inis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32050
What I Drive: 00 Zx2 s/r (yellow)

FF Reputation: 1 inis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you need any assistance with procharger, let me know. I'm local to them. :)

00' Turbo Zx2 S/R
00' N/A Zx2
Old 08-03-2014, 11:08 PM   #20
blanezx3
Focus Addict

Thanks man. I will be doing the upgrade or buying the C2 at the end of the race season.

No updates right now as I had to go buy the gaskets and all that.

Last night I did go to the strip and watch some pretty mean cars. 90% of them were running 5's in the 1/8th (natural bridge dragstrip) and none of them were 4 bangers. A V8 RX7 ended up winning the event that was happening and the grudge race was a joke. One guy tripped the beams then backed out and then the other guy red lighted. Fun night though.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->