Fuse? Loose wire? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-09-2003, 10:25 PM   #1
mikeshelton
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 531
What I Drive: 2000 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 mikeshelton Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Fuse? Loose wire?

The trunk release and power locks no longer function on my 2000 Focus (2nd owner). So - simple blown fuse, right? Nope. Couldn't find a corresponding fuse slot in the manual, so I just pulled and checked 'em all. All good.

Any ideas? Last week my alternator had to be replaced. I don't see why that would affect anything now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2003, 10:54 PM   #2
focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 276
What I Drive: 4Dr Sony Edition

FF Reputation: 1 focus Good Standing Member
burnt wire maybe on the power locks. But the trunk release button- it's wierd sometimes mine won't work unless I turn off the car, or sometimes I have to open the door. It's part of that whole "anti-theft" crap.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:59 PM   #3
suddenlysteven
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 660
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 suddenlysteven Good Standing Member
Power locks and trunk release

Exact same problem happened to me today. First the driver's side wouldn't work, then the passenger side crapped out, so I checked the trunk release and nothing. I haven't had time to take the car anywhere to check it out.

It's frustrating more than anything. I'll keep watching the board to see if anyone knows what's caused it and will post when I learn something.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:15 PM   #4
focus
Focus Addict

Man that's not good because mine is a 2000 also . Hoepfully it's just you guys and won't happen to me
Old 09-12-2003, 01:20 PM   #5
reader21
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 693
FF Reputation: 1 reader21 Good Standing Member
Hmmm....mine's a 2000 se. For some reason I have a hard time getting my inner trunk release to work either. Waiting for the power locks to go next...sometimes they make a funny squeeking noise when I lock them from the inside.

Crossing my fingers that this car will make it till trade in time....ugh
Old 09-17-2003, 11:26 AM   #6
suddenlysteven
Focus Rookie

Power Locks

I just heard from the dealership where I left my car (again) about the power locks and trunk release not working. Turns out I need a lock actuator. I don't know what that is, just that it's going to cost about $280 to fix it (parts and labor). Thought I'd post and let y'all know.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:42 AM   #7
focus
Focus Addict

$280.... That's more than what the front brakes cost. Go somewhere else and see how much they want.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:27 PM   #8
suddenlysteven
Focus Rookie

I would shop around but my father does a lot of work for the dealership and so they're gonna cut him a deal. They treat us pretty good and my father has this thing about only having work done at the dealership. But whatever, I don't know that much about cars anyway. I turn the key, press the pedals, they move, that's all I need to know. ;-)

Bookmarks & Social Networks