cosworth, focus sport, focus central- Which header is better - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-25-2005, 05:12 PM   #1
onefastoofocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 15482
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 onefastoofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
cosworth, focus sport, focus central- Which header is better

I doing some research here for my up in coming 2.3 st. Which of these three headers is the best bang for you dollar. The focus central header, focus sport or the cosworth header? Now they all say not street legal but i will be putting a magnaflow cat after it. Im gunna extend the wires and move mid pip resontaor back on the magnaflow or focus sport exhaust i get. Now i should be able to get a cat in there because the magnaflow cat i'm looking at is no bigger then 3" round. it's small and a high flow unit too. So who offers the best for your dollar? thanks ryan.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2005, 05:49 PM   #2
Foci_Fosho
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5736
What I Drive: 2003 White zx3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 16 Foci_Fosho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
also...walter marcy is in stages of developing a header..

f2focus also has a header out, without a flex-pipe extension, instead it uses spring loaded bolts which isn't too uncommon.

draxas also has a header out, very nice quality...

in fact they all are very nice quality... anything is better than the waffle press you currently have.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
onefastoofocus
Focus Rookie

i also forgot to ask is there anyway to have a performance header, high flow cat(s) and performance exhaust while being emissions lagal?Does the st have two cats or one. Can i elimate one? Move it or them back if i get a header. Do the cat(s) have an airport on it (no smart remarks please) lIn pa where not as strict but we do have some type of emssions just not as harsh as cali and others. what are my options. what can i do.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:26 PM   #4
aero_student
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1979
What I Drive: '03 Focus ZX3 PZEV

FF Reputation: 1 aero_student Good Standing Member
ummm, wrong forum if you are driving a 2000 focus, this is the duratec forum, you're driving a zetec.
MarcyMotorsport:CAI, balanced 11.6:1 motor with ranger crank, cosworth flywheel, tumble flap delete, supertec valve springs, crane cams, clutch master stg I clutch, protoype MarcyMotorsport 2.5" exhaust, FC throttlebody, Quaife, svt bumpers and brakes, full energy bushings, etc.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:52 PM   #5
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
he is doing research for his up and coming ST as stated in original post. FS does not have one available for the 2.3 yet, nor does Marcy; but both companies are developing them and they should be available in the future sometime soon, we hope. I cannot speak from personal experience but since the cossie one is rather new, no one has really had a chance to play with it. With that being said, that leaves fc and draxas. It seems that draxas seems to have the edge as far as a header is concerned; but thats based on popularity.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:47 AM   #6
SoCalDuratec
Livin' it up in Cali

Fan#: 9170
What I Drive: 2004 Blue D23E

FF Reputation: 1 SoCalDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I'd have to say that I am very pleased with my Draxas race header. In my opinion it is better than the Cosworth one only for the fact that it costs 20 dollars less and includes a flex pipe. And there is no way you are going to pass emissions with any header on this engine.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:01 AM   #7
skattruggles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 8417
What I Drive: 2004 zx3 2.3L pzev PITCH BLACK

FF Reputation: 1 skattruggles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
there is a cat in the stock header, so putting any aftermarket header on it will be against the law. I dont know which of these header options is better, so ... yea.
Scott
Old 04-26-2005, 11:14 AM   #8
onefastoofocus
Focus Rookie

so there is no way i can be legal. can't i move the cats back. do i have to have two or is there like an o2 cheater i can get. anything?? like cut the flex joint off and put a cat there on the forcus central piece then add another cat after that, and extand the wires. could i do that?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:26 AM   #9
MyBlackST
Capital Obvious

Fan#: 11768
What I Drive: 2008 Redfire Metallic Fusion

FF Reputation: 1 MyBlackST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Why not go to an exhaust shop and ask them if you can add them in after the header?

ST Crew #3
TEAM DURATEC # 7
Old 04-26-2005, 04:14 PM   #10
SoCalDuratec
Livin' it up in Cali

Fan#: 9170
What I Drive: 2004 Blue D23E

FF Reputation: 1 SoCalDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
There is allready a secondary cat in place after the flex pipe. Losing the primary cat when deleting the stock header will cause your car to no longer be street legal. My question is why would you want a race header if you wanna put 2 cats behind it? Makes no sence to me, add some power to lose some..........or somthing like that.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->