svt vs 2.3 - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #81
EURO04SVT
Focus Enthusiast
 
EURO04SVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Fan#: 5280
Location: In your moms room
What I Drive: 2006 FUSION SEL

Posts: 501
FF Reputation: 1 EURO04SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^^^^^^^^WHO CARES^^^^^^^^^
EURO04SVT is offline  
   
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #82
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic
 
P0WeRbyDuratec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Fan#: 2109
Location: Buffalo
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

Posts: 2,244
FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by EURO04SVT
So if the SVTF was a 2.3 in displacement, by my math of 85hp per liter times 2.3 is 195.5 crank hp or 162whp @ 17% for driveline loss. As many SVTFs have dynoed bone stock in the 150whp range only 12whp shy of 190whp with that widely used 17% loss. So my question is why have so many said that the DURATEC is more technologically advanced over ZETEC based motors? I takes COSWORTH to basically rebuild the whole motor inside and out to produce 230 crank hp for the 2.3. Sure the 2.3 produces a few more peak ft-lbs of tq but at a lower rpm than peak rpm on an SVTF as where the SVTF peak is right where is shuttles it into its powerband at 5K to 7K. The 2.3 was not a design of high performance and high RPM power its lower rpm power for tootin' round town. I would think that one could make an SVTF 100hp per liter N/A or pretty close without breaking inside the motor with the parts available today.
Who cares is right. but then again is the zetec designed for high performance? SVT had to do something about the zetec. And they did, they built just like cosworth did, and got more out of it then svt, because lets be honest here how close is your svt to being a basic zetec engine? I dunno all these hypothetical bench racing crap, who cares, we should all just have a national 2.3 vs SVT competition day. We'll do 1/4 mi, autox and whatever else, then we can beat the crap out of each other without having all these what ifs floating around.
P0WeRbyDuratec is offline  
   
Old 05-02-2005, 05:33 PM   #83
EURO04SVT
Focus Enthusiast
 
EURO04SVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Fan#: 5280
Location: In your moms room
What I Drive: 2006 FUSION SEL

Posts: 501
FF Reputation: 1 EURO04SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by SimplyDomesticsFocus
Who cares is right. but then again is the zetec designed for high performance? SVT had to do something about the zetec. And they did, they built just like cosworth did, and got more out of it then svt, because lets be honest here how close is your svt to being a basic zetec engine? I dunno all these hypothetical bench racing crap, who cares, we should all just have a national 2.3 vs SVT competition day. We'll do 1/4 mi, autox and whatever else, then we can beat the crap out of each other without having all these what ifs floating around.

I agree it would be fun
EURO04SVT is offline  
   
Old 05-02-2005, 06:41 PM   #84
Redphoakis
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Fan#: 22172
Location: Upstate NY
What I Drive: Infra Red 2005 Focus ST

Posts: 154
FF Reputation: 1 Redphoakis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
man I would like to run an SVT with my car. There is one in the next town but he is an older man and I seriously doubt he wants to lay it down with another car. I know how I could beat an SVT, I can wear my Uniform and he will let me win. Any one wanna race a cop? I promise I won't ticket ya, (unless I lose) But anyways. I wanted an SVT but I heard about the ST and decided to go with that, and I am happy. Being a BMW enthusiest and owning a few of them I can say this goes on with tem too. The 328 and 325 guys brag about beating the M3 guys after they dump 10 g's to make it equal to an M3. One more thing, the WRX and WRX STi are dogs from a roll. there 5-60 times are litteraly more than a second slower than 0-60. Just wanted to add that because somebody said they were fast. Yes they are but I have to put them down because I won't put down our own kind here. ...............SVT dorks.............. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
ST CREW #33 thats three three to you boy!

Yes I love the smell of whooped ass in the morning. Especially when it is against someone that actually thinks they can win. Hmmmmmmm, nice focus, yes it is thank you.
Redphoakis is offline  
   
Old 05-02-2005, 07:11 PM   #85
EURO04SVT
Focus Enthusiast
 
EURO04SVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Fan#: 5280
Location: In your moms room
What I Drive: 2006 FUSION SEL

Posts: 501
FF Reputation: 1 EURO04SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Redphoakis
man I would like to run an SVT with my car. There is one in the next town but he is an older man and I seriously doubt he wants to lay it down with another car. I know how I could beat an SVT, I can wear my Uniform and he will let me win. Any one wanna race a cop? I promise I won't ticket ya, (unless I lose) But anyways. I wanted an SVT but I heard about the ST and decided to go with that, and I am happy. Being a BMW enthusiest and owning a few of them I can say this goes on with tem too. The 328 and 325 guys brag about beating the M3 guys after they dump 10 g's to make it equal to an M3. One more thing, the WRX and WRX STi are dogs from a roll. there 5-60 times are litteraly more than a second slower than 0-60. Just wanted to add that because somebody said they were fast. Yes they are but I have to put them down because I won't put down our own kind here. ...............SVT dorks.............. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

PIG
EURO04SVT is offline  
   
Old 05-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #86
Redphoakis
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Fan#: 22172
Location: Upstate NY
What I Drive: Infra Red 2005 Focus ST

Posts: 154
FF Reputation: 1 Redphoakis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Man i guess it really does make yeah feel kinda bad. Thanks
__________________
ST CREW #33 thats three three to you boy!

Yes I love the smell of whooped ass in the morning. Especially when it is against someone that actually thinks they can win. Hmmmmmmm, nice focus, yes it is thank you.
Redphoakis is offline  
   
Old 05-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #87
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic
 
sidney61199's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Fan#: 7904
Location: Columbus, OH
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

Posts: 1,860
FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
A couple things here, it is nice to always be compared to. Such as "I can beat an SVT", "I'm as fast as an SVT", "SVT's aren't that fast". You never see the SVT owners saying "I wish I was as fast as a 2.3 owner", or "Damn I wish I would have bought a 2.3". Why do we think that is? Also say what you will about the 2.3 but focus fanatics puts it best by saying "an SVT it is not". Sure you can mod it to be faster (same for the svt) but hell with enough money you can make a metro beat anything on the road. What is important is the total package you get when buying an SVT let alone the name recognition SVT owners recieve. I've had cobra and lightning owners come up and talk to me in parking lots about my svt and after I say "well its nothing compared to yours" they always respond "maybe not speed wise but its still one hell of a car". The final point is, the 2.3 (st) owners can start talking smack to the rest of us when there car is named "Most fun to drive". Not most fun under $20K but most fun of all cars to drive period, you can't beat that (where's the SRT-4?).

http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/08/pf/autos/CR_best_cars/
sidney61199 is offline  
   
Old 05-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #88
Silver03SVT
Focus Addict
 
Silver03SVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Fan#: 10546
Location: Camarillo, CA, CA
What I Drive: 2009 Subaru WRX

Posts: 1,373
FF Reputation: 1 Silver03SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by sidney61199
A couple things here, it is nice to always be compared to. Such as "I can beat an SVT", "I'm as fast as an SVT", "SVT's aren't that fast". You never see the SVT owners saying "I wish I was as fast as a 2.3 owner", or "Damn I wish I would have bought a 2.3". Why do we think that is? Also say what you will about the 2.3 but focus fanatics puts it best by saying "an SVT it is not". Sure you can mod it to be faster (same for the svt) but hell with enough money you can make a metro beat anything on the road. What is important is the total package you get when buying an SVT let alone the name recognition SVT owners recieve. I've had cobra and lightning owners come up and talk to me in parking lots about my svt and after I say "well its nothing compared to yours" they always respond "maybe not speed wise but its still one hell of a car". The final point is, the 2.3 (st) owners can start talking smack to the rest of us when there car is named "Most fun to drive". Not most fun under $20K but most fun of all cars to drive period, you can't beat that (where's the SRT-4?).

http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/08/pf/autos/CR_best_cars/
End of discussion.
__________________
2009 Subaru WRX

1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Silver03SVT is offline  
   
Old 05-02-2005, 09:24 PM   #89
EURO04SVT
Focus Enthusiast
 
EURO04SVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Fan#: 5280
Location: In your moms room
What I Drive: 2006 FUSION SEL

Posts: 501
FF Reputation: 1 EURO04SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OWNED
EURO04SVT is offline  
   
Old 05-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #90
Redphoakis
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Fan#: 22172
Location: Upstate NY
What I Drive: Infra Red 2005 Focus ST

Posts: 154
FF Reputation: 1 Redphoakis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Yes I wish it was an SVT but it isn't. I can make it faster than a STOCK SVT. I bought a fun car that can be modyfied. It looks good. Yes I wish I bought an SVT. SVT's are bad ass. But my car is the next best thing and with some extra change I can make it equal to the SVT. Actually you can make the ST faster in comparison to the SVT for less money than a "new" 2004 SVT. With just an intake and exhaust the ST with run all over the SVT. AND those mods on the ST are less than a 2004 svt. Even the suspension could be modyfied and still come into the price of the SVT. Ford no longer builds it. The ST is the performance model now. The SVT is better than the ST. The ST is a decent replacement but it's not an SVT. The ST can be modded to compete equally with the SVT at a very low price. It's like fighting over Irish and Italians or Africans and austrailians. It's stupid. They are cars. One is slightly faster than the other. If your an ST owner, get an intake and exhaust so you can run 'em, if your an svt owner I envy you. Enough Said now shut thy face

and oh yeah euro04svt
i forgive you
__________________
ST CREW #33 thats three three to you boy!

Yes I love the smell of whooped ass in the morning. Especially when it is against someone that actually thinks they can win. Hmmmmmmm, nice focus, yes it is thank you.
Redphoakis is offline  
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.