svt vs 2.3 - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 08:44 AM   #71
viney266

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally posted by LastRites
I smell a master lock coming

Again fella's, Please accept my appology for my rude natured posting from last night!
accepted ! LOL very good of you....personally...

I think the spi would whoop up on all you ...so there.. ...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #72
SoCalDuratec
Livin' it up in Cali

Fan#: 9170
What I Drive: 2004 Blue D23E

FF Reputation: 1 SoCalDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Well I also have deleted the balance shaft and those are the numbers my focus put down about a month ago. I have never hated on SVT guys, and I love how the SVTF looks. As for SVT03 I dunno whats your problem dude, I mean you guys keep saying you want to hear some stories. All I saw was four pages of posting between svt guys about how they thought the 2.3L couldn't hang. So all I did was answer some questions for you guys, tell my story and now I am done on this thread, thanks for having me.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:12 AM   #73
SoCalDuratec
Livin' it up in Cali

Fan#: 9170
What I Drive: 2004 Blue D23E

FF Reputation: 1 SoCalDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Oh yea, I don't drive an ST to make it clear. Thats an 05 model, I have one of the few ZX3s from 03 and 04 with the 2.3L duratec engines.

Old 04-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #74
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
"now I am done on this thread, thanks for having me", are you done now?

I'm just messing with you.

Old 04-24-2005, 09:14 AM   #75
EURO04SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5280
What I Drive: 2006 FUSION SEL

FF Reputation: 1 EURO04SVT Good Standing Member
IM KEEPING THIS THREAD ALIVE - LMAO

Old 04-24-2005, 10:50 PM   #76
viney266

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Memberviney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Okay fine !!!

Sorry couldn't help myself..

Old 05-01-2005, 01:08 AM   #77
pzevfloord140
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22040
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ST

FF Reputation: 1 pzevfloord140 Good Standing Member
Depends on the driver....I have a 05 ST with Cosworth intake....my friend has an 04 SVT with intake and Bassani exhaust and we race all the time. He's been racing amature for about 3 years so I know he knows how to launch. By about 75 mph my ST is two car lengths ahead every time, no joke. A modded ST will have a substantial torque gain over the high reving 2.0. The SVT's look way better though in my opinion, and handle better......

Old 05-01-2005, 01:24 AM   #78
pzevfloord140
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22040
What I Drive: 2005 Pitch Black ST

FF Reputation: 1 pzevfloord140 Good Standing Member
Oh and according to motortrend and car and driver, the 2003 SVT does 0-60 in 7.7 seconds, and the 05 ST does 0-60 in 7.7, so think about that. It will be a very, very even race especially when they run decimals of a second difference on the 1/4 times (SVT 15.7/ST 15.8).

All I can say about the 2.3L is that it's not cold-blooded like the 2.0. The 2.3 is much more reliable in cold weather, I owned an SVT 03 and I had wait every morning for that bad boy to warm up and according to other SVT owners they have the same issues. Oh well rock on if you drive any Focus, it's still a Focus!

Old 05-01-2005, 05:42 PM   #79
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by Fordson
So your Duratec has an intake, headers, exhaust and you got rid of the cat. It probably made around 125 whp and 132 tq. stock, so you got 35 whp and 25 wtq. from an intake, header and exhaust and getting rid of the cat?

I went to your site - nice looking car, but I don't know about 35 whp from your mods.

it is very possible to get 35 hp from what we started with. We are gaining about 10 hp from stock with just an intake.

as somebody said here, there is no replacement for displacement. The fact of the matter is our stock induction/exhaust system is EXTREMELY restrictive and replacing these pieces produces pretty incredible gains; especially when working in conjunction with one another.

OT question: why haven't cams been released for the SVT? i thought that our aftermarket hasn't taken off but doesn't that seem a little ridiculous?

and one last thing, this goes out to SVT03:
Your statement was ignorant, and i usually don't like to pick out specific people and criticize them but that was by far one of the worst posts i have ever seen. Tree hugging car? Jealous? Not Cool? According to who, You? I'd hardly take your opinion seriously considering that that post made your maturity look like that of a 3 year old.... It is people like you that gives the real car enthusiasts a bad name and what do we call those kind of people? ricers? yeah i think so. Get off of your high horse. We're all focus owners here, and no one is better then anyone else. We all have the same love so why pick on those who don't see eye to eye with you?

Old 05-01-2005, 08:28 PM   #80
EURO04SVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5280
What I Drive: 2006 FUSION SEL

FF Reputation: 1 EURO04SVT Good Standing Member
So if the SVTF was a 2.3 in displacement, by my math of 85hp per liter times 2.3 is 195.5 crank hp or 162whp @ 17% for driveline loss. As many SVTFs have dynoed bone stock in the 150whp range only 12whp shy of 190whp with that widely used 17% loss. So my question is why have so many said that the DURATEC is more technologically advanced over ZETEC based motors? I takes COSWORTH to basically rebuild the whole motor inside and out to produce 230 crank hp for the 2.3. Sure the 2.3 produces a few more peak ft-lbs of tq but at a lower rpm than peak rpm on an SVTF as where the SVTF peak is right where is shuttles it into its powerband at 5K to 7K. The 2.3 was not a design of high performance and high RPM power its lower rpm power for tootin' round town. I would think that one could make an SVTF 100hp per liter N/A or pretty close without breaking inside the motor with the parts available today.

Last edited by EURO04SVT; 05-01-2005 at 08:49 PM.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks