svt vs 2.3 - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:50 PM   #91
SoCalDuratec
Livin' it up in Cali

Fan#: 9170
What I Drive: 2004 Blue D23E

FF Reputation: 1 SoCalDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Why do you think they stopped making the SVTF. Think............................Think harder........................Oh yea, they fell off! HAHAHAHA you guys are so funny.
    Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2005, 10:52 PM   #92
SoCalDuratec
Livin' it up in Cali

Fan#: 9170
What I Drive: 2004 Blue D23E

FF Reputation: 1 SoCalDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
by the way euro04svt. What is your car puting down anyways big dawg. Just wondering, with the oh so powerful short shifter, short ram, anf ORP.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #93
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I agree you guys have the out of the box fun and you hold the exclusive svt title. BUT you don't have the most mod friendly engine out of the bunch. Despite your car being built for performance, mod for mod we are gaining more performance then you.

this argument about the svt prestige gets stupid. the snide and i am better then you attitude is pretty crappy. this "well i have an svt blah blah blah, i get all the madd respect yo on the streets." this means about jack diddly. For example you take and ITR and compare it to a hybrid hatch with an ITR engine. You are going to tell me that people are going to think "wow theres an ITR wanna be hatch?" No. They are going to give props to both owners for having amazing machines. Respect will be given to both. Why can't it be excepted that both cars are equal but not identical. We both have our advantages and disadvantages. I have been given respect for having a duratec. there is a sense of duratec envy too, people have been shut up and given props to me as well for my performance. Sometimes you svt guys really need to say that underneith it all your frame started off the same way as mine did. You started from a zetec block, so while you were polished off nicely, you still came from humble roots; the same roots that my duratec came from, and instead of Ford polishing my car off, i will do it myself.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:01 AM   #94
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
God damn it will someone please lock this stupid thread, I am SO SICK of this argument. It never ends with anyone being happy or satisfied that the issue has been discussed to resolution. No one is going to change anyone's mind, you'd think we would have learned that by now since we've had virtually this exact same discussion/argument about six million times and it always turns out the same...
Old 05-03-2005, 12:20 AM   #95
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just to clearify I (we) are not trying to put down the 2.3's, they are the future that the focus is taking so you can't really knock them. I was just saying that out of the box, even with a few mods the 2.3 will not be as fast nor will it whip on an svt. Now drop so serious dough into it and sure it will. Also about the statment by BluePZEVRacer, damn....now that was just dumb! So tell me why did they stop making the gto, impala, trans am, and the camaro to name a few? Does that mean that those cars are shit? Hell no! It just means that the market at the time they stoped making them was not enough to support that type of vehicle. The focus svt just simply did not catch on with the ricer crowed like they hoped it would. Remember that the svt focus came out in 02 that was before the srt-4, and the cobalt ss. They're only real compition was the civic si, so they designed a car that would smoke every civic model out there and that is what they did, but they just never caught on and sells/popularity never picked up enough to continue with the svt focus. Not to mention that all three of the svt models went through extensive make overs for the 05 model year so with the introduction of all three models svt had to take a year off. It says right on the svt website they have to have a finished product in order to convert it to an svt, they can not develop the svt at the same time they are developing the car.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:30 AM   #96
DilSVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1793
What I Drive: 03 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 DilSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally posted by BluePZEVRacer
by the way euro04svt. What is your car puting down anyways big dawg. Just wondering, with the oh so powerful short shifter, short ram, anf ORP.
Yo, BluePZEVRacer! Oh so powerful with that Draxis 4-1 header and what ever else parts you got!! Like my sig!!!! Because I show 2.3's a lot of taillight!!!
AEM CAI, FC 65mm TB, FS UDP, SCT by FS, Kent Cam Gear, MBRP, SD and Firewire, FC STS, All VF Mounts, CFM Silicone Couplers, Gear Balance Delete, NE ORP, EBC Green Stuff, FS Front - Rear Stress Bars, KW Springs
Old 05-03-2005, 01:05 AM   #97
SD_Focus

Fan#: 11575
What I Drive: 2001 BMW Z3 Roadster 3.0

Points 7,903, Level 59
Points: 7,903, Level: 59 Points: 7,903, Level: 59 Points: 7,903, Level: 59
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 34 SD_Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
My duratec drives me to school. There you go. I am happy. We all win. Lock this thread.
SoCal Crew #21
Old 05-03-2005, 01:34 AM   #98
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
ohhhh the horse shit flying around this thread.

what extra cash? the cash from having a dead interior? an ST w/ the same interior options that comes in a STOCK svt runs $21,005.00 MSRP. oops, same shit. i got the same 2,000 off my SVTF that any other focus gets for rebates. so if you mean extra cash by having a stripped down version of the car? well in that case i'm sure i could gut my interior and sell it on ebay if i wanted to spend it on my car to go faster in a straight line :) but i think we all like to drive ours on a daily basis . . .
--------------------
so then we have engine vs engine . . . a retune of the stock engine alone gives the SVT more than a second off 0-60 times (and that's reliable times, not bogus magazine editors that may or may not know dick all about launching our cars rating it at 7.7) we're talking about 20 ft/lbs of torque increase at 2800RPM and staying at that plateau throughout the entire powerband. peaks are great but when you drag ass to get to your powerband it makes no difference. throw in a 90 dollar UDP, remove box, attach 35 dollar K&N cone on the stock tubing, and port your throttle body with a dremel and our car just moved up a class.
-------------------
and show me a non SVT stock zetec/duratec anywhere that can hold 339hp/326tq to the wheels with boost on stock internals and race gas, PLEEASSSEEE
-------------------
the reason the SVT costs so much more is the potential of that engine. it is a race engine, it is a race suspension, it is a cosworth designed exhaust. the aftermarket does not offer much for it because it's just that good. the parts are forged, they are just a lot stronger and of higher quality materials . . . albeit those damn mexicans at hermosilla didn't know [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* all about putting them together so when it comes to reliability the ST takes the cake :)
-------------------
and how could i forget that the SVT pulls .98-.99g's out of the box, see you around the bend ST . . . as a distant little spec in my rearview
-------------------
bottom line is, yeah you can add about 1500 in silly aftermarket bolt on bullshits to an SVTF to push ~180hp 160tq to the wheels, or you can just put that towards a turbo kit and a set of stickier tires and not even a turbo 911 can touch you. the proof is in the pudding, just look a the video of tom's black SVTF at willow springs. it's nice to be able to buy a car that's pretty damned fast the second you get it, change the tune and knock a second off your times while maintaining your engine warranty, and then put some cash away with the comfort of knowing that when that warranty expires you just slap a turbo kit on there and don't have to worry about reinforcing a damn thing internally . . . just tune it up, fill it up, mash the gas and watch everything fading to black behind you.

and ps: to the douche bag that said "there's no replacement for displacement"

.3 liters is a small unsatisfying piss on a hot summer day when you're out of water. never say that again until you own something upwards of 4.6 liters.
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.

Last edited by 2004SVTAutoXer; 05-03-2005 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:38 AM   #99
P0WeRbyDuratec
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2109
What I Drive: 2012 WRX Limited

FF Reputation: 1 P0WeRbyDuratec Good Standing Member
whoa easy there guys simmer down.

a .98g-.99g out of the box? I would really like to argue that one because that is a better number then the evo-sti.

I've beaten a Si when i was stock too btw.

svtautoxer, we also see wonderful gains from mods, you should really check up on this. With a good driver we can run mid-low 15s with just an intake. Adding a header and exhaust will lower it even more. And this can be done for about a grand. You are not as educated in the duratec department are you?

and i dunno what dealer you go to but modifying any ecu seems to me to be grounds for immediate warrenty voiding. but thats just me.

and really, how old do have to be to call me a douche bag, what are we in high school here? Do you have to resort to name calling because someone made a point that is worth arguing over?

.3l equals a little more then one cup which is def. a satisfying piss. but if you want to argue the logistics of it i shall. Lets just look at the difference. my base economy tuned for best gas milage duratec vs the a base economy tuned for gas milage zetec. Those .3 liters gave me 20 hp. i guess it does make a difference.

and i will say it again. All of our cars, svt or otherwise started from the same frame and we all started from a base economy-driven engine. Ford took your car and polished it off. I took mine and polished it off, so whats the difference? Resale value? Prestige of the name? If this arguement is about performance, why would any of that matter if you still win the race?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:16 AM   #100
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
check the #'s, a stock suspension SVT pulls .98-.99 according to the reading i've done

what does an SI have to do with anything? if you want a fast car in a straight line that costs 21K then go buy an SRT4. hell, you can even talk more about displacement with that extra 1/10 liter in their 2.4

modifying a CPU voids your warranty - except of course that it takes less than 5 minutes to put the stock tune back on there and nobody is the wiser. not the same with an ORP/full exhaust/header/intake. the 1500 figure was my reference to all the possible bolt ons available for the SVTF - and the rather unsatisfying results.

name calling was simply to point out that it's stupid to bring up displacement in engines when discussing such a tiny figure *shrugs* we all know the duratec is newer technology that ford is using in their engines, i acknowledged that from the start. but there is one enormous difference in the engine the SVT has compared to the engine the ST has . . . it's not .3 liters.

internals domestic, internals. tuned for gas mileage? my svt gets around 35-38, and the manufacturer rating is identical to a base zetec. those internals give me 170hp and 145tq and allow a potential for >300hp+tq. that's not polished off out of the box - that's just a much higher quality base out of the box.

you won't see that kind of gain from a base zetec/duratec without melting your rods and making a big mess leading to a full overhaul from the ground up :) that's the beauty of having an SVT. not prestige, CERTAINLY not resale value, the SVT is horrid in that department, and personally when it comes to names i'd rather be associated with the term "ST" considering the beast that's in europe under that badge . . . but it all comes down to engine internals and what you're getting for the money. the SVT is a much higher quality vehicle from the ground up. the internals are incredibly strong, the exhaust is damn near perfect, the suspension is better, and it comes in at the EXACT same price point as the ST does but has all the plush fixins standard, and allows for even more plush fixins up to around 24-25K.

irregardless their both still foci, so by all means don't think i don't appreciate the ST - i just think people need be realistic and look at an entire car if they're going to fight about what is "better" if you want to talk faster, then it's just a car vs car scenario as the difference in aftermarket results is astounding. but again, if you want speed in a straight line you can get a sedan with a grungy looking interior and 230hp/250tq out of the box for the 21,000 an optioned ST runs :)
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.