SCT Pro Racer help - Page 10 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-25-2007, 01:15 AM   #91
Metal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 14271
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 3 Metal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Two questions...my borderline knock table only goes up to 1.0 load...even after I modify the normalizers. The other tables (octane plug spark, spark adder after load, etc) scale up but not the BKT...am I adjusting the wrong normalizers for this? I'm changing the values in the table "Ynorm Borderline Knock 09"
Second is, since I'm using a J&S I want to turn down the stock knock sensor and let the J&S do the timing pulling correct? So I would subtract from the values in the tables under the Knock Sensor category? "Maximum amount of spark retard" and "Maximum value of slow correction".
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #92
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,381, Level 100
Points: 51,381, Level: 100 Points: 51,381, Level: 100 Points: 51,381, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
If you give me a call Monday I will walk you through changing the norms to make sure you dont have a software issue

As for the J&S you want to just turn off the KS all the way and set all valuse in the KS to 0 before turning it off

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 11-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #93
Metal
Focus Enthusiast

Ah I figured out the BKT normalization. the BKT itself uses the normalizer from the MBT, by adjusting this I was able to get the BKT to be where I wanted it. Thanks for the info on the J&S Tom!

One more thing...I'm having an issue with it hunting at idle the spark goes all over from 7-14 with some spikes to 23 and you can feel it in the idle. The spark source is 9 so it's in control and everything else seems to be in check ISC hovers right around 0, stft are within 2-3% of 1.00..but it just doesn't want to stay in check with the spark. What could be possible causes of this?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:37 AM   #94
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 51,381, Level 100
Points: 51,381, Level: 100 Points: 51,381, Level: 100 Points: 51,381, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 25%
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%
FF Reputation: 154 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
That is a common issue with the SVT and SCT has no answer for it you will see your timing very low at idle and part throttle much lower then your Borderline tables command it to be. John is having the same issues

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 11-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #95
Metal
Focus Enthusiast

Hm well that kind of sucks...have you guys figured out any work arounds for it? In my case it's making my idle pretty rough.

Edit: I figured out my rough idle...it turned out to be the 65mm throttle body when I was n/a I never had a problem so I didn't look but I did just now and saw that the stop screw was backed all the way out...so I disconnected the IAC and set the idle using the screw, reconnected it and readjusted the ISC neutral air and the idle is much smoother and the spark values aren't going all over. :)

Last edited by Metal; 11-25-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #96
hypnoticracing
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 51709
What I Drive: 2003 Focus Sedan Zetec 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 13 hypnoticracing Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
hi tom my name is bob i bought the prp off of you a while ago as well as some wiseco pistons and stuff, you loaded a turbo tune on but i changed my mind and didnt go turbo. we ahd teh rebuild the motor a couple weeks ago and shaved teh head .020 as well as installed an aluminum flywheel i was wondering if you could set me up with a base tune so i could drive the car to the dyno without harming the engine thank you tom you have been a ton of help
Old 02-21-2008, 05:44 PM   #97
ROC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13218
What I Drive: 2000 focus zetec 2.0 automatic

FF Reputation: 1 ROC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SCT Program Then They Do Expired? Is This Gadget I Got From Mcnews Automotive A Fews Years Ago Needs To Be Reprogramed???? 1 Turbofocus What Do You Expertize In? I Will Be Needing A Few Extra Mods For My 2000 Zetec Sedan. Mcnews Automotive Performed Some Work On My Focus A Few Years Ago Ford Racing Camshaft-Esslinger Cam Gears-SCT-Random Tech Cat-Borla Full Cat Back- True Bend Flex Pipe-JDM Headers-65mm Throttle Body- Gotta Send My Focus Over Sea's To Puerto Rico In July 08. Tell Me Dude" I Get This Code P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Cicuit Malfunction. Tired Of It! Would Like To Get Some Extra Power On My Tranny And Some Torque.., DO You Know Of Anyone In NEw Jersey That Can Be Of Help To Me. Tired Of This Stock Tranny, Im Not Into Racing Just Need Extra Power,
Old 02-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #98
ROC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13218
What I Drive: 2000 focus zetec 2.0 automatic

FF Reputation: 1 ROC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SCT Program Then They Do Expired? Is This Gadget I Got From Mcnews Automotive A Fews Years Ago Needs To Be Reprogramed???? 1 Turbofocus What Do You Expertize In? I Will Be Needing A Few Extra Mods For My 2000 Zetec Sedan. Mcnews Automotive Performed Some Work On My Focus A Few Years Ago Ford Racing Camshaft-Esslinger Cam Gears-SCT-Random Tech Cat-Borla Full Cat Back- True Bend Flex Pipe-JDM Headers-65mm Throttle Body- Gotta Send My Focus Over Sea's To Puerto Rico In July 08. Tell Me Dude" I Get This Code P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Cicuit Malfunction. Tired Of It! Would Like To Get Some Extra Power On My Tranny And Some Torque.., DO You Know Of Anyone In NEw Jersey That Can Be Of Help To Me. Tired Of This Stock Tranny, Im Not Into Racing Just Need Extra Power, I Can Also Be Reached At tmroc@yahoo.com 973-704-3069
Old 04-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #99
FocusRacingAustrali
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45865
What I Drive: 2003 ZX4 & 2004 ZX5

Points 5,036, Level 45
Points: 5,036, Level: 45 Points: 5,036, Level: 45 Points: 5,036, Level: 45
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 FocusRacingAustrali Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMostFeared View Post
anyone get the new Live Wire

http://www.sctlivewire.com/lwmain.php

• Pre-Loaded or Custom Tuned!
  • Data Log Info that Matter!
  • Displays estimated HP, TQ, 1/4 Mile ET's & 0-60MPH
  • Built-In High Intensity LED Shift Light
http://www.sctflash.com/shop/product...products_id=37
is this the same 1?
Will this work on 03-04 Zetec at all?
Is it plug and play or do you have to wire it in?
My ECU code is WYl1

Cheers
Rob
Old 04-07-2008, 04:51 AM   #100
FocusRacingAustrali
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45865
What I Drive: 2003 ZX4 & 2004 ZX5

Points 5,036, Level 45
Points: 5,036, Level: 45 Points: 5,036, Level: 45 Points: 5,036, Level: 45
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 FocusRacingAustrali Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Bump

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.