Washing Engine Bay - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #21
Logan175
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 22323
What I Drive: The focus got torched now we have a 3 series BMW

FF Reputation: 1 Logan175 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I am going to try the window washer and mist with hose technique, has anyone tried going through the car wash with you hood open?
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2005, 10:57 AM   #22
Gismo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20266
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver C-Dan

FF Reputation: 1 Gismo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^^LOL^^ Holy shit. Funny story comming up here. Not with the hood open, but this should answer your question. Okay, me and my dad are going through one of these car washes not the brushless kind either. Were about a minute into the wash and my dad notices that his door isn all the way shut. Sooo.. he opens his door just as the side brushes start rotating. The brushes snatch the door right out of his hand and fling it open. Water is getting everywhere now. And the door is pretty much screwed by now. The brushes stop so my dad tries to close the door now. However the brushes had knocked the door out of alignment so it would not shut. Well anyway the car wash finally stops and we drive out with the door hanging halfway off its hinges. Just so happens that my dad had some bungee cord in the trunk so we tie it on the grab handles between the front doors. Its was hilarious watching his door swing open everytime we made a right turn.

Ne ways thats the story. Happened a few years ago in my dads Sidekick. Very funny.
-- During the next 24 hours, the world will consume the equivalent of 220 million barrels of oil. That energy drives the economic progress that improves the quality of life for people around the world. Do I give a damn? Not as long as supercars are guzzling it. --

~Jeremy~
Old 05-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #23
SVTBishop
Focus Addict

Fan#: 11582
What I Drive: My Wife

FF Reputation: 1 SVTBishop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
before show i use simple green on cold motor let it set rinse off

When i get the the show, i use regular old Armor ALL and spray it on the engine on all the hose's plastic everything, shut the hood turn the car on and idle for 10 or so minutes. turn car off pop the hood and bam clean engine bay!

Bookmarks & Social Networks