Springs - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-16-2003, 04:34 PM   #1
BoyzLie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2060
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 2 BoyzLie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Springs

Ok. So...I just put new tires and rims on my car...i went from 14'' to 15'' in. and now the ass end of my car kinda sticks up. I want to balance out the height of the car so it doesn't look like this, making the whole car a little lower but definitely even. I need some advice on what to get, how much it costs, and where to get it.

I looked at the Eibach springs and were told they really aren't gonna make much of a difference. If anyone has done this before..mm yeah. input would be great.

**-IF you want your HEART broken--give it to a boy!-**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2003, 05:00 PM   #2
Focusedat50
It's been fun.......

Fan#: 1409
What I Drive: Boosted ZX5 ATX - 179WHP/158TQ

FF Reputation: 2 Focusedat50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Not sure who told you they wouldn't make a difference but they will. There are alot of people on this forum riding on Eibach's. I believe the pro springs drop your car about 1.5" and the sport line 2", not really sure but you can get the spec's from anyone selling them.
I have the Steeda springs which dropped my ZX5 about 1.5" and leveled out the car so it does not have the high a$$ end.

Springs could cost you from $170-$225 depending on brand and where you buy them.
Many people suggest replacing the stock dampners at the same time to avoid doing double work. The stock dampners will wear out quicker with the new springs so somewhere in the near future you will need to replace them. Depending again on what brand and where you buy them you could expect to pay $300-$500 for new dampners.
Eibach has the Pro-Kit which includes both springs and dampners for about $500.
There are many other brands to chose from you just need to look and decide how much you have to spend and which one fits your needs as far as height and driving style.

www.newedgeperformance.com
www.myfordperformance.com
www.focusperformance.com
www.mcnewsautomotive.com
www.focussport.com

There are others but these are a few
Old 12-16-2003, 06:12 PM   #3
BIGBADWORM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 517
What I Drive: 00 ZX3, 00 Dakota CC R/T

FF Reputation: 1 BIGBADWORM Good Standing Member
I ride on the Eibach Pro System Plus.......lowered it, leveled it, gave it a much better stance.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:14 PM   #4
BoyzLie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2060
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 2 BoyzLie Good Standing Member
Thanks guys! First forum I've been in that actually gives good advice :)

**-IF you want your HEART broken--give it to a boy!-**
Old 12-19-2003, 11:32 PM   #5
rcpilot
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 1891
What I Drive: 2003 Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 rcpilot Good Standing Member
Check out H&R springs... there are made in Germany and are pretty superior to alot of the "ricer made" springs... my brother races Mustangs and he told me about them.. I found a set on www.tirerack.com for my 03 ZX3 for $179.00 shipped
Old 12-22-2003, 10:00 AM   #6
00focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1594
What I Drive: 2000 Focus Sony Edition

FF Reputation: 1 00focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
i have the goldlines 1.5" drop and there great,, nice drop,,, but not so much that it throws the alignment out that bad

jt evo 5front and rear, evo fogs, evo-5 exhaust, ww side skirts, halo hl, 17"rev model 12 rims(black) with dunlop sport fm 901 rubber,easystreet air ride suspension with ride pro digital management,debadged, dvd with 7.2" monitors, fc antenna, euro grille
-BoB-
Old 10-20-2005, 05:38 PM   #7
theleoZX3
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 25760
What I Drive: 2005, Silver, ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 theleoZX3 Good Standing Member
now i got the zx3 05 and was wondering if the steeda springs would work. and how long will they work b4 i hav to replace the dampeners? also wat is the dampeners and wat do they do?

Bookmarks & Social Networks