rear strut bar ???? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack

Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack The place to go for answers on wheel types, tire sizes, offset, wheel patterns and more.
Sponsored By:
Tire Rack

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-11-2005, 11:50 PM   #1
focuskid5456
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 20885
What I Drive: 2003 metallic grey zx3

FF Reputation: 1 focuskid5456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
rear strut bar ????

Does anyone have the rear strut bar by focus sport and if you do how do you instal it and is it worth buying?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2005, 12:53 AM   #2
svt2004
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12293
What I Drive: 04 infra red svt # 1345, 06 Jet Bla

FF Reputation: 1 svt2004 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i have one it real easy to install focus sport gives good instructions, and you shouldn't have a problem. the biggest thing is drilling the holes. i think since you already have the front go for the rear. I have both front and rear it seemed to give a more consitent feel to the car when going in real hard to a corner. Plus the rear bar look bad a$$.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
The green monster
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10164
What I Drive: 2000 green ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 The green monster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I have the rear bar too and I love it. I just replaced my suspension to the SVT suspension and added a front and rear bar. It corners better and gives better stability.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #4
huntcopsnotdeer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21691
What I Drive: 2002 focus zx3

FF Reputation: 1 huntcopsnotdeer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Any of you guys have a pic of your rear bar installed? If so i would like to see it, so i know how close it sits from the back seat so i can judge whether or not it will clear my amps and subs. Thanks

! Front plates suXoR !

*removed due to mod*
Old 04-12-2005, 09:54 PM   #5
W~Phoenix~{RC}
FF Bouncer

Fan#: 11450
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Frost Sport Edition ATX

FF Reputation: 1 W~Phoenix~{RC} Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
There's a picture on the Focus Sport webpage . . . I'm also interested in getting one of these, but it seems that it would "get in the way" of my subs, so what I'll do is just make a custom box this summer. I think it'll be a really fun project.

http://focussport.com/stressbars.htm

Cheers!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:02 AM   #6
focuskid5456
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 20885
What I Drive: 2003 metallic grey zx3

FF Reputation: 1 focuskid5456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do you just drill into the carpet or what, and also do you notice any extra road noise?
Old 04-13-2005, 08:33 PM   #7
svt2004
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12293
What I Drive: 04 infra red svt # 1345, 06 Jet Bla

FF Reputation: 1 svt2004 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
you have to take out the carpet to drill the hole because they give you a spacer to ensure the holes are in the same spot. you locate it on joints in the sheet metal inside the truck. Put the carpet back in and poke though the carpet with a sharpe object. there is no extra road noise i nocticed. But like i said before focus sport has great directions, it's very easy. You might want to put some silicon on the washers to prevent water from getting in the truck.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.