Just crashed my baby, looking to get aftermarket bumpers, fenders, ground fx. (Pics) - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
ozcreations
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 655
What I Drive: 2003 Black Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ozcreations Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Unhappy Just crashed my baby, looking to get aftermarket bumpers, fenders, ground fx. (Pics)

Hey everyone-
I was in NH last weekend and spun my baby off the road in order to avoid getting creamed by another car. Hit some nasty jagged rock, a road sign, went off the road and crashed into a snowbank and ditch.

Now for the good news, I've got a client that is a body shop that is doing all the work. My car is going to need a new bumper, new fender and sideskirts and I get the option of getting some aftermarket stuff instead of OEM. Since the OEM stuff is just around the same price as the aftermarket I'm grinning from ear to ear because this looks like the perfect way to get some more parts for my ride and have the insurance company pay for the repairs.

I need some ideas here guys, I was looking at the euro bumpers on Focus Sport but I know there is more out there. I just don't know where to look, and that is where you guys come in!

So please, help me out here. I need to order up some parts for the body shop and spend this insruance check! Any links to stuff I can buy or online catalogs would be greatly appreciated. I need to get a sweet new front bumper for this car!

Enjoy the pics of the accident, thankfully I was allright.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	accident 011 (small).jpg
Views:	191
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	5692  

Style Mods : 17 Inch 6 Spoke SVT Wheels with ContiSport Tires, Carbon Fiber Tails, Debadged, Short Ram CAI, Clear Side Markers, Nightshaded Grille Indicators, Deactivated Grille Running Lights, Sylvania Silverstars, Custom Painted Black Clearcoat SVT HVAC Surround Cluster, and SVT Air Vents, White & Indiglo Gauges, Nightshaded Stock Tails, JVC 200w deck, SVT Front Bumper.

Future Mods : K2 Halo Projector Beam Headlights, Eibach Pro Kit, Jackson Supercharger (6-8 Months Away)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #2
ozcreations
Focus Enthusiast

Here's where the door took the brunt of a sign as I was skidding sideways.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	accident 012 (small).jpg
Views:	191
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	5693  

Style Mods : 17 Inch 6 Spoke SVT Wheels with ContiSport Tires, Carbon Fiber Tails, Debadged, Short Ram CAI, Clear Side Markers, Nightshaded Grille Indicators, Deactivated Grille Running Lights, Sylvania Silverstars, Custom Painted Black Clearcoat SVT HVAC Surround Cluster, and SVT Air Vents, White & Indiglo Gauges, Nightshaded Stock Tails, JVC 200w deck, SVT Front Bumper.

Future Mods : K2 Halo Projector Beam Headlights, Eibach Pro Kit, Jackson Supercharger (6-8 Months Away)
Old 04-07-2005, 04:25 PM   #3
ozcreations
Focus Enthusiast

No, that's not me getting into the car. They had to winch it out of a ditch... Not good.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	accident 003 (small).jpg
Views:	189
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	5694  

Old 04-07-2005, 05:14 PM   #4
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Ouch Dave! Did your airbags go off or anything? I assume not...

So insurance didn't total it... probably not a boatload of structural damage, like suspension and stuff?

I'm glad you're keeping it!! And also glad that despite shitty circumstances you get some nice goodies for it at the same time.

Some of the FS bumpers are nice, are you able to salvage the rear bumper? If so, definitely don't go over the top on the front one or you'll look goofy. I think this bumper from BATinc.net is nice see green car on page 2 If the link doesn't work click over to the Exterior PDF page. Or, if the insurance check covers it, you could get this one from Germany.

Then you could maybe get SVT side skirts or possibly these ones with Z3 fenders?

Check out in the Member FAQ Forum the sticky for Exterior Mods, there's a horde of sites there.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #5
JoeZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 434
What I Drive: 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i and the 1986 VW Jetta

FF Reputation: 1 JoeZX3 Good Standing Member
I have a Wings West Front Bumper and would trade your stock rear bumper for my avenger rear if you are interested? Can't Ship though.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:05 PM   #6
GCubes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5663
What I Drive: Black MazdaSpeed3

FF Reputation: 1 GCubes Good Standing Member
I see that you already have the SVT wheels and other SVT stuff... you could continue with the SVT bumpers and side skirts. Or the Focus RS kit.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:34 PM   #7
hEaT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20699
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus ST

FF Reputation: 11 hEaT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Wow, that sucks. Glad you're alright.
ZETEC Crew #49

Quote:
Originally posted by DrkKnight614
......hmm if that works then if i put a spinner on my butt hole and rip one will i be able to run faster. ...idiots
Old 04-08-2005, 01:14 PM   #8
ozcreations
Focus Enthusiast

Thankfully the airbag didn't go off. They are putting the car on a lift tonight, they are pretty sure that I did a ton of suspension damage. Fantastic!

Old 04-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #9
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Dave one word to that: "Eibach"

Bookmarks & Social Networks