to Nightshade or Not - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
dudley123
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9564
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 dudley123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
to Nightshade or Not

Ok, I have a dilemna. UPS just dropped off 2 cans of nightshade, but the problem is I am kinda having 2nd thoughts. Should I nightshade the grill, turns and tails? I thought about just doing a few "smoke" coats on the turns and tails and blacking out the grill. I wouldl like the euro grill but I dont have the money for it right now. Should I nightshade the infrared?

SVT Squad #76
2002 Infra-Red SVT
Performance:
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, FC ORP, Steeda STS, HIA Intake, Prothane Tranny Mount Inserts, Hypnotic tune,
QTP Cutout, NX Wet Kit(soon to be Direct Port), SVT Head .030 Milled, Ferrea Stainless Valves, Cometics HeadGasket, Port Matched, Intake/Exhaust Ports, ARP Head Studs, MUCH MUCH MORE, Done PM if interested.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
I'd say yes, it'll flow nice with your red/black color scheme you got going there.....
Old 04-06-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
d3bilhan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12408
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 d3bilhan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do you want looks or do you want effective lights?

[img]
Old 04-06-2005, 10:33 PM   #4
dudley123
Focus Addict

Well the lights will work. Somewhat. lol. Atleast im not losing FULL effectiveness, and at nite they will work fine. Im just tryin to think if it will look good. I guess ill do it.
SVT Squad #76
2002 Infra-Red SVT
Performance:
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust, FC ORP, Steeda STS, HIA Intake, Prothane Tranny Mount Inserts, Hypnotic tune,
QTP Cutout, NX Wet Kit(soon to be Direct Port), SVT Head .030 Milled, Ferrea Stainless Valves, Cometics HeadGasket, Port Matched, Intake/Exhaust Ports, ARP Head Studs, MUCH MUCH MORE, Done PM if interested.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #5
W~Phoenix~{RC}
FF Bouncer

Fan#: 11450
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Frost Sport Edition ATX

FF Reputation: 1 W~Phoenix~{RC} Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
If you are having second thoughts about tinting them... If you have some extra cash lying around, you could buy a roll of window tint from Wal-Mart or something and make it cling to the lights. That way you could see what they look like when they are tinted (The Tails and the Side Markers at least -- I don't know if the tint would cling very well to the grille markers).

I think that if you tinted your lenses, they would look really nice. The stock orange colors take away the effect of everything else, with the color theme you have going anyways. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #6
dudley123
Focus Addict

Ok, I agree. I will try that. Another quick question. Do you think 5 or 6 hours is enough dry time?
SVT Squad #76
2002 Infra-Red SVT
Performance:
Old 04-06-2005, 10:55 PM   #7
W~Phoenix~{RC}
FF Bouncer

Fan#: 11450
What I Drive: 2003 Silver Frost Sport Edition ATX

FF Reputation: 1 W~Phoenix~{RC} Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
I would say that 5-6 hours for the final coat is a good dry time to handle the piece to reinstall it (I always like to wait a long time for the pieces to dry before handling them... just a personal preference). But after you reinstall it, I'd wait for it to dry for 12-16 hours (like leave it set over night). Or you could wait to install it the next day. When it comes to painting things... patience is a virtue.

Cheers!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:12 PM   #8
DilSVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1793
What I Drive: 03 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 DilSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Hey, I love the scheme, if you are having second thoughts buy a new grille, like the st170 and paint it to match the CF hood and this will ditch the orange turn signals in the front and really bring out the front!!
AEM CAI, FC 65mm TB, FS UDP, SCT by FS, Kent Cam Gear, MBRP, SD and Firewire, FC STS, All VF Mounts, CFM Silicone Couplers, Gear Balance Delete, NE ORP, EBC Green Stuff, FS Front - Rear Stress Bars, KW Springs
Old 04-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #9
dudley123
Focus Addict

Yes, In the long run thats what i would LOVE to get is like the euro grill, but i am REALLY short on cash, so i guess ima try this.
SVT Squad #76
2002 Infra-Red SVT
Performance:
Old 04-07-2005, 12:36 PM   #10
goode2222
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21131
What I Drive: 2000, sonic blue, zx3

FF Reputation: 1 goode2222 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
where are you guys getting night shade from? where is the best place to buy?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.