raced a 5.0 mustang - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-06-2005, 06:16 PM   #21
Godzukidan
ELVIS LIVES !

Fan#: 20925
What I Drive: 05 ZX3, 95 T-Bird V8, 2012 Stang V6

Points 2,358, Level 29
Points: 2,358, Level: 29 Points: 2,358, Level: 29 Points: 2,358, Level: 29
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 5 Godzukidan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yes indeed, he was playing with you. Even if he short shifted and you hit red line I dont think you could hang with him. But if it was a V6 Stang you should be able to hang with him or maybe even take him.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #22
Demon4545
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15767
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Demon4545 Good Standing Member
Show me a timeslip, and i'll believe you.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #23
Mystic32vCobra
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 21486
What I Drive: 1996 Mystic Cobra, 1991 Talon TSi AWD, 1989 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 Mystic32vCobra Good Standing Member
Since none of your facts are straight, I highly doubt your story is either.. BS on this one.. I dont consider a 16 second car "quick" by any means..

Last edited by Mystic32vCobra; 04-06-2005 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #24
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
yet another person raising the BS flag...

I raced a newer style GT (not the brand new one) at the track the very first time racing at this place and in a focus. He had a shitty launch and we were neck and neck. I actually trapped a slightly better 1/8 than him (10.86 to his 11.02). We were neck and neck until about a lil more past 1/2 way. Then he just started pulling nicely on me and ahead by about .3 seconds by the end (16.55 to his 16.2). And he sucked terribly... like me. So yeah, the third gear in a newer GT is very strong and he was a cool guy. He said it was his first time too and he was just experimenting with different launches like Jessica and I.

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 04-06-2005, 09:31 PM   #25
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Mystic32vCobra
I dont consider a 16 second car "quick" by any means..
It's all relative, when you've got a Cobra, a GT, and a TSi, of course 16 seconds doesn't seem quick. But I think "quick" is a fair term for 16 seconds, I don't think anyone called that "fast" which would surely be a stupid thing to say. But when you factor a 16 second quarter mile into the "big picture" of all the various cars and trucks out there (not just new ones, but all the cars and trucks on the road) 16 seconds isn't THAT bad, but I sure wouldn't be bragging about it either.

As for the Mustang of the original post, perhaps it was a V6 model with a dual exhaust? I was behind one getting on the freeway the other day, it was a newish V6 with a lame bodykit and a dual exhaust, it was not fast and it was blowing oil smoke out the exhaust - but when I lane-changed to the left and punched it to get around him his pride was hurt or something and he changed over right in front of me forcing me to slam on the brakes, and then proceeded to putter along without accelerating.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:28 PM   #26
I Nvr Wn
Focus Addict

Fan#: 16109
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZTS 5/sd

FF Reputation: 1 I Nvr Wn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!!....but anyways there is a V6 stang around here with a Steeda body kit and all that shit....i was dissapointed to learn it was a v6 and AUTOTRAGIC!

Inside: Kenwood KDC-MP628 headunit, Aluminum A/C Knobs, Aluminum Focus RS shift knob

Have you ever worked with an ERP or CRM software? If so let me know!
Old 04-16-2005, 10:52 PM   #27
focusinktown05
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 19995
What I Drive: 2003 red focus se

FF Reputation: 1 focusinktown05 Good Standing Member
just a little info

well today i actually got a chance to get on it, and i found this from my car, i have no idea what rpm i am at with these speeds, i just know that my car is near the rev limit whatever factory is set at, i shift into second at 32 mph, shift into third around 50-55, about 80 going into 4th, not really sure going into 5th but i think it's around 105 and i think once i got it to 110 but my engine was screaming LOL, this is different from what i had previously said in my post, for some reason i was thinkin i was in a different gear, anyways that's it for me and my car, i'm working again and the next thing i'm getting is camshafts of focussport, dyno charts looks good on them, adds about 13 hp according to the chart.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:08 PM   #28
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
the SVTF hits 4th at 90-100. std focus not a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g chance.

stop being an idiot and a liar, i hope you die in a car accident next time you "shift into 4th at 100-110"
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:39 PM   #29
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by focusinktown05
no i'm just not a fan of shitty cars, i would include mustangs in the same category of hondas i just dislike mustangs.
IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS A HONDA...... AHAHAHA ur like lol your just trying to bust everyones balls here right because u cant be serious......mustang a shitty car....yeah its so shitty i mean becuase car companys keep shitty cars for 41 years....that makes sense.....im not raising the bs flag...b/c i dont have a stick so i wouldnt know what gear ud be at at 110.....but i doubt he was actually racing b/c he would of taken u out badly if he was. But if ur being serious all id like to know is where ur getting your logic from and why you think the stang is a shitty car? Its one thing to not like them.....its another to call them shitty and say they are just like a honda.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.