Looking for Oklahoma Foci - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-29-2005, 09:29 PM   #11
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
What specific tires do you run on your SVT, SteelRain? And thanks for posting all the information. I'm sure I won't be the only one to benefit from it.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005, 12:49 AM   #12
Oni
Oh yeah!

Does the lack of an LSD hurt the Focus on autocross events? What speeds are normally hit in an autocross event anyway (I'd assume nothing greater than 60-70mph) meaning you'd never get out of 2nd gear unless there was a final straight of some sort - in the SVT that is.

So, where do you go to get a little background in performance driving or do any of you have any? Sorry for the abundant amount of questions, but glad to see some responses.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 06-30-2005, 11:26 PM   #13
bobs66
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24764
What I Drive: 05 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 bobs66 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
not meaning to high-jack your thread but I'm in Edmond and just bought an 05 ST.....I would love to know if there is a place in town that sells different parts for the focus....nice to see some Oklahoma peps here though...
ST CREW #25
Old 07-03-2005, 04:59 PM   #14
Ataru
Focus Addict

Fan#: 5292
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVTF ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Ataru Good Standing Member
Lots of OK Focus owners coming out now. I'm in Claremore myself. You guys interested in autocross be sure to check out www.greencountrymotorsports.com for all the info you could want about local motorsports events.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:50 AM   #15
d3bilhan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12408
What I Drive: 2002 Silver ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 d3bilhan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bob,
Most of the auto parts places are totally clueless. You have to know what you want going in.

[img]
Old 07-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #16
SteelRain
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20144
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SteelRain Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ilcowil
Does the lack of an LSD hurt the Focus on autocross events? What speeds are normally hit in an autocross event anyway (I'd assume nothing greater than 60-70mph) meaning you'd never get out of 2nd gear unless there was a final straight of some sort - in the SVT that is.

So, where do you go to get a little background in performance driving or do any of you have any? Sorry for the abundant amount of questions, but glad to see some responses.
Not having LSD does hurt some, but not all our competition has it either. Only the 05 Mini S has LSD, and the guy said it doesn't help all that much. I pretty much stay in 2nd the whole course, came close to redline (60mph) once, but usually stay around 5000rpm. I just started autocrossing this year and have made it to the last 5 events, but will miss the July 11 event. The best place to learn is on the track, seat time, seat time, seat time. And it is a blast :)
Mike

www.okscca.org

WARNING!!! The surgeon general has announced that AUTOCROSS is more addicting than CRACK!!!
Old 07-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #17
SteelRain
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20144
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SteelRain Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ilcowil
What specific tires do you run on your SVT, SteelRain? And thanks for posting all the information. I'm sure I won't be the only one to benefit from it.
I was running with the stock Conti's till I lost a fight with a pothole in Dallas. Lost 2 tires. Not much of an option in stock so I ended up with 2 Nitto Neo-Gen's which I have on the front and Contis on back. My last autocross with em really sucked. It was real hot and they didn't grip at all. On a good note, the side walls are better, less roll on the tire that I was getting with the Conti's. I will run this way for the rest of the season and get R-comps for next season. The pothole also took out one of my struts so I will be getting a set of Koni Sports as a replacement, so they should help some. Before you go out and by some expensive tires, learn how to drive the car, best $$$ as a beginner.
Mike

www.okscca.org

WARNING!!! The surgeon general has announced that AUTOCROSS is more addicting than CRACK!!!
Old 07-04-2005, 12:49 PM   #18
Oni
Oh yeah!

Cool. Thanks for all the answers. I was wanting to know how well stock tires did for competition since I need to buy some new tires. I was just debating whether I should get an all-season tire or a higher performance summer tire. I'm just lacking in the funds right now, so I think I'm going to go practical for now. Plus, I'd just like to go watch an autocross event first and meet some people.

I met up with a guy named Lane that drives a black ZX3. I don't know if any of you here know him, but he told me that every Sunday they autocross out at Remington. Is it just for fun and the competitive event only rolls around every so often? Thanks.

alex
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 07-06-2005, 12:27 AM   #19
Oni
Oh yeah!

Who else is coming out to the July 10th Autocross Event at Remington Park (this coming Sunday)?
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Old 07-08-2005, 01:26 AM   #20
Oni
Oh yeah!

Just me...? I guess so. Who's going to represent the SVT crowd?
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985

Bookmarks & Social Networks