What is the SVTF capable of part II - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-30-2005, 07:26 AM   #1
jonrjen

Fan#: 19523
What I Drive: 04 Screamin Yellow/EURO

FF Reputation: 1 jonrjen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Talking What is the SVTF capable of part II

What's the SVTF capable of part II
This is in responce to an earlier post of "What is the SVTF capable of". The first post seemed to take off in the direction of HP limits. This is a flip side view of trying to reach 300 HP. While the SVTF may be able to reach HP of almost scary numbers from it's small powerplant. The car was meant to be driven. Driven as a spirited everyday driver, with some added pleasure due to the SVT design teams adding a little additional HP, TQ, body and interior trim, and a great feel.
So what is the SVTF capable of:
It's capable of taking back road twisties at remarkable speed. She will hold the road like gum on the bottom of your shoe.
It's capable of driving owners of Neon SRT4 crazy when they rev up their little funky sounding motor, and all you do is smile back at them with an ear to ear grin. Because bottom line it is a Neon.
It is capable of blending in with the looks of traffic, yet give you the quiet satisfaction of knowing what it is capable of doing.
For me it is capable of allowing me the pleasure to enjoy a drive in the country, sun roof popped open, some good 60's and 70's music playing, rolling through usually only the lower 4 gears out of the 6 she provides, looking down the road as far as I can see, then getting there with the most fun, zeal and zest as the little Yellow Screamer can get there. Best part is once I get there, I get to drive back to the starting point.
At more relaxed speeds she delivers 31 MPG. And delivers it all at a pretty good price point.
Guess the point is, the SVTF is capable of putting a Big Grin and Smile on my face.
But keep in mind, I'm one of the older members on the forum. I have already done the numerious Vettes, SL500s, CLK cabriolets, 65 Mustang 2+2, Charger 440, Lightnings, Excaliber, Rolls Royce and many others.
Stepping down from my soap box now,
Have a great day, and stay Focused out there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2005, 07:49 AM   #2
osunick
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15604
What I Drive: 2003 Lancer Evolution (Red)

FF Reputation: 2 osunick Good Standing Member
Let's not forget the luxury of fitting into parking spaces that others can't hope to manage.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:03 AM   #3
SteelRain
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20144
What I Drive: 2004 Infra-Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SteelRain Good Standing Member
jonrjen, you are truely insightful. This is one fun little car. I love going to work because I get to drive her. I hate sitting in my office looking at the parking lot and NOT getting to drive. I can't wait for the weekend when I get to drive all afternoon. The Focus commercial where the car talks to the driver and wants to go like a dog begging his master to go for a walk is a true reflection of this fine automobile. It DEMANDS to be driven. And I am honored to oblige.
Mike
Old 03-30-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
SVTBishop
Focus Addict

Fan#: 11582
What I Drive: My Wife

FF Reputation: 1 SVTBishop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Well put sir!

I enjoy doing the same thing.
31mpg huh

What do you shift at?

I think i am doing extremely well if i get 280 out of a tank full on my 04
Old 03-30-2005, 03:49 PM   #5
FocusInAlaska
Focus Addict

Fan#: 18038
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Comp. Orange SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 FocusInAlaska Good Standing Member
I don't think the words "harmony" and "balance" would be misused talking about the SVT. It may be relatively quick, but I believe it is more than the sum of it's stats.

It's not just how fast you go, but how well you go fast.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:16 PM   #6
svt medic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10460
What I Drive: 04 Infra-Red focus SVT 3 door #434 of 1978 Born November 11th 2003

FF Reputation: 1 svt medic Good Standing Member
Well put sir's, I gett 270-300 around town city that is. I get a lot more on the turn pike say 340-360 If I don't drive it like it was meant to be driven. Which by the way is hard to do. One of my friends asked if she can chirp 2nd gear, I said that i would be happy to show off her prowness. I've had the mustang gt, trans am firebird ws6 and many more quick cars like the grand prix gtp. All in all the svtf is fun to drive and gets alright milage with todays rising petrol prices. Svt is a great bang for the buck. V_tec this
( VVTI This)
(SVT Squad # 198)
Old 03-30-2005, 04:47 PM   #7
belacyrf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6919
What I Drive: Blue 2002 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 belacyrf Good Standing Member
You're all right.. but just think. Those of us with power adders get to enjoy the fine handling car, the "enjoy the drive" mentality, the decent gas mileage all the while having the ability to stomp the gas and get planted in our seat ;)
Old 03-30-2005, 05:29 PM   #8
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Just finished a SVT Turbo car that went home yesterday making 231/204 and said he got 340 miles to a tank goin home and that was with some playing with his new turbo

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-30-2005, 05:40 PM   #9
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
The small size of the car makes it capable of zipping through some pretty small holes in traffic... not that I do that myself.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #10
Hypnotic
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17757
What I Drive: 02 Black SVTF with an 04 heart

FF Reputation: 1 Hypnotic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
Jon coming out waxing poetic!!!
I would have to agree completely. I think that in my driveway, I have the best of the 3 worlds. The SVTF, for twisty fun, and just general driving nirvana.
The SportTrac Adrenalin for light loads, relaxed comfort, and hella power when pushed to it.
The Flareside F150- pure balls power, will haul and tow heavy loads with ease, but yet still run the 1/4 in mid 12s if I ask it to.

PS: Jon, you need to send me pics of the EAP Yellow SVT please

SVT Squad #109

Bookmarks & Social Networks