Da hell should I do with my SVT!!!!!! Ima burn it...lol. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-11-2003, 07:42 PM   #1
ignite
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2089
What I Drive: Used to have an 02 pitch black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 ignite Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Da hell should I do with my SVT!!!!!! Ima burn it...lol.

Hey what up guys and females, this is my first post here and I needs ya'lls tips, advice, and opinions.....I got a lil once upon a time thing..lol. I bought an svt brand spankin new with 8 miles on it back last year. I had it till the end of the last school year. I had nothing done to it and was rather satisfied with it. (148hp,132lbs) Well lately the new owner has been havin trouble with it...I mean quite a bit of it. He's had the stereo replaced, the clutch and pressure plate done twice and has recently had a new tranny installed....but he still has troubles. Well it comes down to this I have a chance to get it back since i'm going to start working with my dad at the end of this month. But should I? almost 30,000 miles on it and it isn't what it used to be. Either that or a 04gixxer 600, wich I'm having second thoughts about since I've heard stories....It'll be my first bike.
N*E ways, if I do get it back I'm going to mod it but I was wondering how did ppl get blown SVT's to push so much power. I thought it had too much compression to boost without killing it. I got a friend with a ZX3 and states that the SVT doesn't have as much potential cuz of that.
O and the payments are ridiculous...$482a month, the dealer literally raped my wallet. Overall amount was approx 28,000g's. My dad knew that too, ......
What would ya'll do???????And how much power are you guy's putting down, average..???
How much?? I really appreciate it ya'll, thanks.....and peace.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2003, 07:50 PM   #2
Seb656
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
1. bikes are fun but there just toys there not really meant for traveling specially not a gsxr (my bro rides a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R but he says u have to have a car 2) a bike alone is not practical like say its raining yeah bikes aren't fun in the rain

2. you raped on that SVT my payments are like 280 something im paying 20g's for 482 a month you could have been driving a BMW or Mercedez

3. If you want something get a new SVT atleast thats what Id do if its giving this other guy trouble why would you want it back just gonna be giving you trouble

4. SVT puts out 170hp and 150 Torque if im not mistaken

5. SVTs have power there are a limited amount of thing u can do to it though (such as there is no chip for the SVT yet) but if u put a s/c or turbo in it you could have some real power

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
Old 12-11-2003, 08:12 PM   #3
ignite
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Seb656
1. bikes are fun but there just toys there not really meant for traveling specially not a gsxr (my bro rides a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R but he says u have to have a car 2) a bike alone is not practical like say its raining yeah bikes aren't fun in the rain

2. you raped on that SVT my payments are like 280 something im paying 20g's for 482 a month you could have been driving a BMW or Mercedez

3. If you want something get a new SVT atleast thats what Id do if its giving this other guy trouble why would you want it back just gonna be giving you trouble

4. SVT puts out 170hp and 150 Torque if im not mistaken

5. SVTs have power there are a limited amount of thing u can do to it though (such as there is no chip for the SVT yet) but if u put a s/c or turbo in it you could have some real power
Yeah dude iv'e heard the bike thing that's why I'm not really too sure about it, and yea I got [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*ed the worst way but I didn't know at the time. My dad signed the papers and he kept telling me if I get you this car, no help will come from me. I was like yea dad, yea. (I fell in love with it when I first saw it) He kept insisting on shopping around but I was like no. So that's on me. And I want it back cuz I miss it so much ya know, but unlike that guy's kids, I can drive.
When I had it I had the throttle body sensor replaced, that's it. I raced every chance I got and never had the car fail me. A couple of months after they got the car shit started happening. I rode with the kid once and he rode clutch like a bitch.....
O and the power figures are when I dynoed the car. This local shop had a dyno day, my friend and I went. There was nuthin but stangs and LS1's, and his lightning. Everyone there was like impressed with the numbers. They didn't expect that much out of a stock 4 banger. What do ya'll think about Vortech's option? It's expensive but it's best power around? Isn't it.?
Old 12-11-2003, 08:19 PM   #4
01CobaltTiburon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96
What I Drive: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

FF Reputation: 1 01CobaltTiburon Good Standing Member
Ok, first of all, don't get the bike. I am speaking from experience. I had one, my first bike also, it was an '03 Yamaha R6, and was it ever gorgeous. I totalled it a month and a half later, and am lucky I can walk right now. It also caused much financial disaster because of medical bills. That, plus the fact that no, bikes are not practical as an only means of transportation. A street bike in the rain sucks, plus it's very dangerous.

Secondly, lemme get this straight... You want a car back that is starting to have troubles left and right? Plus the fact that the payment is almost $500 a month? I say no way, just based on those facts. That's an insane car note for a car that is only $20 grand, and sounds like it's falling apart. That's just nuts.

Oh, and Seb656, I think he was referring to WHP.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:28 PM   #5
ignite
Focus Rookie

I forgot to state that I was planning on getting it refinanced...plus the thing got extended warranty. I know something else is gonna happen to it...so by that. Is there a way of getting a replacement from the dealer, since it's such a hassle. Lemmon laws? And yea I did mean whp.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:31 PM   #6
ignite
Focus Rookie

ROFL....The last person who called me an "ambulance driver".... died

My ex gf said she could, "confuse my focus for a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*in shoe....that or an egg on wheels...."
Old 12-11-2003, 09:04 PM   #7
Wolf71
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1262
What I Drive: 2003 Focus SVT, 04 R1

FF Reputation: 1 Wolf71 Good Standing Member
First of all, don't let anyone tell you not to get a bike, they are the funnest thing in the world. But, a racer replica 600 is way too much for a newbie rider, that's a damn fast bike. Look at something like a SV650, or even a Ninja 500. In the right hands they are quite capable little bikes. My best recommendation is get experience in the dirt first, you'll learn lessons there that you don't want to learn on the street. Maybe a dual purpose, so you'll still have a streetable ride.

I've been riding street for 17 years, been hit by 3 cars, totalling 2 of the bikes, and been down 3 other times. The only thing to put me in the hospital so far was a dritbike accident.

As far as the focus, get a new one. Sounds like that guy has had a lot of problems with it since you sold it to him. Can't beat having a new warranty. I've got 6 years bumper to bumper with 6 years no maintenance, except tires and alignment. And from everything I read hear, I might need to use that warranty.

Good luck on whatever you decision is. And if you ever get the chance to ride, do it! I wouldn't give up riding until I'm dead!!!

99 Buell X1 Carbon Fiber Extreme
V&H Pipe, Forcewinder Intake, Race Computer, Power Commander III, Banke Rear-sets, Ceramic Coated Headers

04 Yamaha R1 Shift Red
Greggs Custom Flush Mounts, Integrated Tail Light, Graves Fender Eliminator and Frame Sliders, Zero Gravity Smoked Screen
Old 12-11-2003, 09:10 PM   #8
Seb656
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
tell ur girlfriend a serbian death squad is on the way 2 her house
but in all seriousness go for a new SVT is shouldn't run you more then 300 a month if u bargain with them and shop around at different ford dealership i got it for 20 where ass they tried to tell me 24 at another dealership and yes the vortech is the biggest bang hp and torque wise the Jackson Racing Supercharger gives you a 40% boost roughly 65hp the Vortech gives you 110hp and 50 torque im not sure of the torque on the JRSC

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
Old 12-11-2003, 10:02 PM   #9
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sorry but I have to agree with SunshineCavy, bikes are not the best way for transportation all the time. Also how much are you going to buy back the SVTF for? Right now you can get a new 03 SVTF for 0% APR for 72 months plus a $3000 rebate.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 12-11-2003, 10:15 PM   #10
rayrevolver
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1895
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 rayrevolver Good Standing Member
Wolf71, I was going to say the same thing. Get a dirt bike or used Suzuki GS500 to start. Spend the money for riding schools. Riding in the streets will teach you situational awareness that will make you a much better and safer car driver.

I have ridden for 16 years, since I was 8, and have had close calls and big wrecks. You fall off the horse and you get back on. Some people slip and fall in the shower and die. I am not going to live my life in fear! That said, I have had "the fear" after a few big medium speed spills, but it passes. I now ride mainly on the race track because the speeds were getting too high on the street. I have my SVTF to charge the mountain roads! But for me, even cheesy rental cars were fun in the twisties, its all about driving at the cars limit, right?

If you ride, you will crash. Can you accept that?

Rayrevolver
2001 Honda RVT1000R (RC51)
2003 SVT Focus

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->