Newbie: Which to buy? 04' Yellow ZX5 Euro or 03' Silver ZX3 Euro??? - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-27-2005, 06:13 PM   #21
R00ST650
Focus Addict

Fan#: 15982
What I Drive: Pitch Black '03 ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 R00ST650 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I didnt know you had to have them shipped... Granted I wouldnt even buy a non-local car unless I had a good friend to go check it out, but if you have to have it shipped and your total will be 17.5 I would say you are still doing ok, but probably could find a better deal. Again I paid 13.9 for a fully loaded one (minus euro) and it had 17k miles on it, so after taxes I was 15k into it. The sad part is, new 04's were selling for aruond 16k NEW back when they had the final rebates on them (i know.. im kicking myself too) If you really like the cars, I would say go for them, but If there are large amounts of svtf's in your area, I would hold out.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005, 06:17 PM   #22
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Look at it this way - they only made about 14,000 of these cars, they aren't going to become any more available than they are now. Between going to the junkyard as total losses and cars that you wouldn't WANT to buy because the owner abused it and/or put a lot of miles on it, there will be fewer and fewer choices as time goes by.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:06 PM   #23
jonrjen

Fan#: 19523
What I Drive: 04 Screamin Yellow/EURO

FF Reputation: 1 jonrjen Good Standing Member
NADA, KBB, and Edmunds are only a guide as to the market value. If the book says $15,500 and you give $16,000 you are only giving $500 over the guide. You also need to adjust for mileage on the car and vehicle condition.
For what it is worth, these are only loosely compiled figures, and are not the basis a dealership uses for price guidelines on trades or resale pricing. Dealerships base trade in value on what a used vehicle has sold for at a local dealer auction within the last 7 to 14 days. Used car values are priced at what the market will pay. Which will usually be $1,500 to $2,000 over auction value.
Either way you can't figure tax into the equation ofNADA, KBB or Edmunds Market Value. Tax is due to the State and is something you are going to pay be it new, used or what ever. It is something you will not recoupe at any time. Unless you live in a state where if you trade a car in, you only pay tax on the sales difference. Some state will even allow you to sale your trade or another car out right and credit the sale price from the new purchase price even if it is not through a dealer......then only pay sales tax on the difference. I'm not sure how your state figures it tax.
There are a few old sayings in the car sale business "There is no such thing as a bad deal, as long as both the seller and buyer are happy." and "There's an ass for every seat, all you have to do is find the right ass".
As for delivery, you could do as we did, find a great airfare, fly out and make a road trip out of the drive home. A couple of hundred for airfare, a few nights in a hotel, and 31 MPG. We had a ball.
I took deliver of our 04 SVTF yellow Euro three weeks ago. I gave $17,800. plus I have to pay TT&L on the car here in Texas. So am I upside down in the car.........Hell NO....I'm Happy as can be, and grinning from ear to ear.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:14 PM   #24
Fordson
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13118
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed SVT 5-door, loaded -

FF Reputation: 1 Fordson Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SVT4ME
Look at it this way - they only made about 14,000 of these cars, they aren't going to become any more available than they are now. Between going to the junkyard as total losses and cars that you wouldn't WANT to buy because the owner abused it and/or put a lot of miles on it, there will be fewer and fewer choices as time goes by.
This is really the bottom line - the realization has been slowly dawning that the leftover '04s are all gone off dealers' lots, and these cars are not going to any more available or much cheaper until they're a lot older and have more miles on them.

I would get the '04 because it has such low miles on it. This is a high-performance car and the less beating it could possibly have taken before you saw it, the better.

Also get it because it's a five-door - unless of course you have self image issues and are real worried about what people will think of you for having a five-door.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:56 PM   #25
CLBinMD
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 18809
What I Drive: 2004 Yellow ZX3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 CLBinMD Good Standing Member
The one thing I haven't seen in the thread to this point is whether one (or either) of these are Ford CPO cars. I recently purchased an '04 ZX3 SVT w/6K miles on it. Normally, I avoid used cars like the plague. However, I REALLY wanted an SVTF & I simply couldn't find new w/in 1K miles of me.

I tracked down the one I bought through the Ford site. What made me MUCH more comfortable with the deal was that I was getting the balance of the warranties honored. I've had the car in for service twice already & it hasn't cost me anything other than the aggrevation of having to take it in.

Something to consider...

Cheers,
B.O.D. 02/25/2004
Old 03-27-2005, 11:07 PM   #26
DARKSUN

Fan#:
ZX5 For SURE, All the Looks, and MORE ROOM for SHAGGING :D:D

Old 03-27-2005, 11:38 PM   #27
FocusInAlaska
Focus Addict

Fan#: 18038
What I Drive: 2004 Ford Comp. Orange SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 FocusInAlaska Good Standing Member
I just checked EBAY and found several SVTF's listed. One 2002 in FL with 40,000 plus miles that will sell for less than $7,000.00, and a beautiful (I'm biased) 2003 Comp Orange with 165 miles with a "buy it now price" of $17,500.00 in Dandridge, TN. This one has the European Appearance Package, and has a higher MSRP, which I believe is worth it. I love the yellow as well. When I dashed off to the ford dealer, there was a yellow and orange SVTF sitting side by side. Tough choice. Aesthetically I prefer the 3 door. If I was kid hauling I would have to give the 5 door a hard look.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:15 AM   #28
SVT03
Banned

Fan#: 3742
What I Drive: '05 COBALT SS

FF Reputation: 1 SVT03 Good Standing Member
The svtf's are pretty rare cars, so people are going to sell them for more than blue book. I admit, I'd sell mine over blue book too if it was my car. SRT-4's are the same way. Dealerships asking $27k for them!! Ridiculous, but that's just thwe way the ball bounces.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:25 PM   #29
imFOCUStman
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 8325
What I Drive: '04 Pitch Blk ZX3 (sold), '07 MZ3

FF Reputation: 3 imFOCUStman Good Standing Member
^^ya, but would anyone want to buy it for over bluebook? hmmmm...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.