Newbie: Which to buy? 04' Yellow ZX5 Euro or 03' Silver ZX3 Euro??? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-25-2005, 09:23 PM   #11
fritotec
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17397
What I Drive: 2003 comp orange focus svt euro #34

FF Reputation: 1 fritotec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
take the 2 door unless you have 3 kids then take the 2 door anyway.
#3495 of 3985, 1 of 301
euro grill
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2005, 01:51 AM   #12
iRebound
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9673
What I Drive: 2006 Black Magic VW GTI 2.0T

FF Reputation: 1 iRebound Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i'd get the 04 because it's newer. with only 1200 miles it's practically brand new.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:19 AM   #13
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
^^ That's a good point. The 04 models also benefit the most from glitches being caught on earlier model years and being corrected for the 04 production... but they are still far from perfect and slowly but surely it seems 04 owners are starting to report some of the same problems that 02 and 03 owners have had.

There are no significant differences between 02/03/04 models functionally, it's mostly cosmetics. Since both models are such low mileage I would buy whichever one appeals to you more.

BTW nice screen name... seems vaguely familiar.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:20 AM   #14
silver02svtf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 441
What I Drive: 2002 ford focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 silver02svtf Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by fritotec
take the 2 door unless you have 3 kids then take the 2 door anyway.
That's what I did.

#1885 out of 4788
Old 03-26-2005, 02:08 PM   #15
FOCUS SVT4ME
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 20735
FF Reputation: 1 FOCUS SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Well, actually, I do have 3 kids which is why the ZX5 is being so heavily considered. In all honesty I can't decide if I like the "looks" of the ZX5 or ZX3 better - they are roughly equal in my mind. The screaming yellow is a sweet color but I like silver alot too. Tough choice here.

Best deal on the 03' Euro ZX3 SVT w/6800 miles is $13,500
Best deal on the 04' Euro ZX5 SVT w/1200 miles is $16,000

Is either a better deal? Are these bad deals?

Ryan
Old 03-26-2005, 02:20 PM   #16
jeremy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2086
What I Drive: 2003 black ZX3 (2.3)

FF Reputation: 1 jeremy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
i would go with the 4 door if you have kids, or anticipate using the back seats more than occasionally...the front seats will take undue abuse otherwise. i use my back seats once in awhile for kiddos, and even though it is not constant, day in day out use, when the back is being used, it is being used several times a day - this is when folding the front seats down becomes more of chore. get the 4 door, it has less miles ...you can always paint it silver, but you can't add a door.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:40 PM   #17
R00ST650
Focus Addict

Fan#: 15982
What I Drive: Pitch Black '03 ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 R00ST650 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
both prices seem to be about right. I think pricing depends 90% on your local market, around here svt's are selling like mad, so i ended up paying 13.9k (before tax) for my 03 zx5 svtf with cold weather package/hid's and audiophile. Most of the svts on used lots around here dont last more than a month.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:05 PM   #18
jonrjen

Fan#: 19523
What I Drive: 04 Screamin Yellow/EURO

FF Reputation: 1 jonrjen Good Standing Member
Both are priced at good figures. I really wanted the 3 door, but couldn't find a new Euro 3 door. So a yellow 5 door it was. I thought the 3 door just looked sportier and that with no kids the larger doors would be easier to gain access (I'm not a little guy). However with the large side bolsters of the Recaro seats I don't think the larger door would make any true difference. Now that I have the 5 door, I really like it, the looks are somewhat more Euro appealing.
Are these both at dealerships? Or individual owners? Not that this makes any difference.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:15 AM   #19
SVT03
Banned

Fan#: 3742
What I Drive: '05 COBALT SS

FF Reputation: 1 SVT03 Good Standing Member
get the zx5..I have a kid now, and it's a pain to use my zx3. Yes, the seats do take abuse after a while.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:33 PM   #20
FOCUS SVT4ME
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 20735
FF Reputation: 1 FOCUS SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Both are private individuals actually. And I've tried and tried to get them to come down on price but they are firm at $13.5k and $16k respectively. Which is tough because the ZX5 04' Euro - even with the low mileage add - is only valued at $15,500 by Edmunds.com for Private Party "Excellent" value. By the time I pay shipping (from AZ to FL) and sales tax I'd have over $17500 invested buying it for $16k - and it only books at $15,500.

Kind of the same boat on the 03' SIlver ZX3 Euro. It books at $13,500 and I'd have about $15k invested with shipping and tax. So either way I'm going to be upside down roughly $1500 or so on these.

I think I prefer the ZX5 but the price seems a bit too high. Am I looking at this correctly? Should I hold out for a better deal locally or take advantage of this car while its available?

Ryan

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.