SVT is not dead - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-21-2005, 04:49 PM   #21
osunick
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15604
What I Drive: 2003 Lancer Evolution (Red)

FF Reputation: 2 osunick Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah and I assume that the SVT was in the works but there are three reasons I can think of for holding back

a) have something to intro at New York
b) intro it with the SVT Cobra which may show up in a few days ;)
c) final decision for production wasn't made yet (better to announce products that will come out rather than announce and then change your mind [see GM]).

I actually think the white sport trac concept was the same physical vehicle as this adrenalin, with a repaint and some new bits to reflect the different model. Since the first model was a pure concept, they could get away with the wilder look to represent the base vehicle since the public would expect a tamer stock vehicle. With this adrenalin, Ford's made a clear statement that SVT will build it. I have no doubt that some things will change but I think the overall concept is very representative of what will be sold. With the exception of the shaved handles, everything looks production ready, from the interior, to the plain looking (though two-tone) seats, and the switchgear.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #22
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Interesting that Chevy chose the same auto show to debut their TrailBlazer SS - very similar idea and power output:

"Chevrolet will unveil SS versions of the 2006 TrailBlazer, Malibu and Malibu Maxx at this week's New York auto show. The TrailBlazer will be the first General Motors SUV to wear the SS badge and will offer the Corvette-derived LS2 6.0-liter V-8, giving it 391 hp and a 0 to 60 mph time of 5.7 seconds. The TrailBlazer also gets a performance suspension, 20-inch wheels and specific interior appointments."
Old 03-21-2005, 04:57 PM   #23
nootch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 13776
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT #554/3985

FF Reputation: 1 nootch Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by osunick
And in america a lot of people hate manuals so the automatic makes it a more practical sell.
Yeah, its kinda hard to eat a burger, talk on a cellphone and shift gears all at once I guess ;)
Thanks again for the info. btw, osu=Oklahoma State? Ohio State? niether?

SVT4ME - I laugh everytime I see your avatar! great movie :)
Old 03-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #24
SVT4ME

Nootch, we need to talk about your flair. Or should I say, your LACK of flair, because I'm counting... and I only see 15 pieces.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:11 PM   #25
imFOCUStman
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 8325
What I Drive: '04 Pitch Blk ZX3 (sold), '07 MZ3

FF Reputation: 3 imFOCUStman Good Standing Member
an SVT explorer? i can dig it..niiiice. so does this mean the lightning is gone?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:35 PM   #26
osunick
Focus Enthusiast

I used to live in austin, where they filmed office space. I actually ate at the restaurant that they used to represent tchotske's.

The Trailblazer SS is not even close. That car is an SUV with a lowering kit and a bigger engine. The Adrenalin has a high revving overhead cam engine with a supercharger, and a performance biased awd system with a fully independent suspension all around. Straight line it may come close but take it to a track and I think you'll see a difference.

I know i'm biased, but my two cents...
Old 03-21-2005, 06:17 PM   #27
SVT4ME

Quote:
Originally posted by osunick
I used to live in austin, where they filmed office space. I actually ate at the restaurant that they used to represent tchotske's.
Hahaha, that's pretty cool. I didn't know that it was filmed there, but I was guessing it was either somewhere in California or Texas because of the high-tech industries in those states...
Old 07-13-2005, 05:53 PM   #28
SuperFocusMan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 20307
What I Drive: 12 Cloud 9 White SEL

Points 3,053, Level 34
Points: 3,053, Level: 34 Points: 3,053, Level: 34 Points: 3,053, Level: 34
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 SuperFocusMan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally posted by imFOCUStman
an SVT explorer? i can dig it..niiiice. so does this mean the lightning is gone?

The lightning is here to stay. the only thing gone from the svt lineup is the focus. SVT wont cut the F150 out of the line up as long as dodge
still has their RAM srt 10. Ford heard the call from dodge and took their
f150 to the next step. Ford will not tolerate another company taking the title of fastest production truck, especially when they were the only ones to have
a production performance truck for quite a long time.
Look how long it took CHEVY AND DODGE to answer the call from Ford.

BUILT FORD TOUGH and HERE TO STAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N/A Crew #2
Old 07-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #29
Crux
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21068
What I Drive: 2006 HD XL 1200

FF Reputation: 1 Crux Good Standing Member
The Adrenaline is expected to cost somewhere around $37k. That's not too unreasonable when you consider what you get. A six speed auto is a nice touch for the truck. I have to admit, I'm really rather fond of the Adrenaline. It's a bit out of my price range, but I can always hope.

Although, to be perfectly honest, I have a feeling that if $37k was in my price range, I'd be shopping for a new 330 (I am much more of a car guy than a truck guy).

Also, most, if not all of the major car mags have already done "First Drives" of the new Shelby Cobra, so you can be reasonably sure that one is going into production. I honestly didn't think there was any big secret behind that. Also, current Cobra owners will get first crack at the new Cobra, which is expected to sticker for the high 30's. It's the same deal they offered before Ford shelved the new Lightning. It remains to be seen whether or not they take another serious look at an SVT F-150. Hopes are high, but there's nothing concrete yet.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:39 PM   #30
osunick
Focus Enthusiast

The Cobra is most definitely confirmed for production. I saw a preproduction prototype at the Henry Ford the other day, it had the logos and new gauges and looked in every way like a production Cobra. It was also pretty sweet sounding when they fired it up...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.