similar parts? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-31-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
bassfreake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 167002
What I Drive: 2014 Gunmetal SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 bassfreake Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
similar parts?

I know obviously there is a vast difference between a 2014 SE hatch and a 2014 ST, but are there any parts from the ST or aftermarket parts for the ST that would fit on an SE hatch and be safe to use? I didn't feel comfortable based on my monthly income to actually purchase the ST but I would still like to eventually be able to make some mods to my SE to make it run better sound better and have more power, but almost everywhere I look the only performance parts that are out there are all for the ST there isn't much of anything out there for the SE

or would I be better off just living with a full stock ride till I can afford to get something better in a few years?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
bassfreake
Focus Enthusiast

So far the only thing I've really found for my car is Flowmaster makes an exhaust kit for my car and it's not horribly expensive so at the very least I could do that and at least get a little extra juice out of the car and make it sound pretty cool but I would like to know if it's possible to do more and I have a feeling that even if there were aftermarket parts out there for the SE that the ST parts would probably be more potent lol
Old 06-01-2014, 03:13 AM   #3
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

FF Reputation: 67 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Moved this to a performance section for your engine.

You can also look in the MkIII section & Brakes/suspension/performance area for more ideas.

S.R. #275
Old 06-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
Eminaga
Focus Addict

Fan#: 123953
What I Drive: 2014 Focus SE (Performance Blue)

FF Reputation: 1 Eminaga Good Standing Member
Go with intake/exhaust/sct tune, ur car will feel much better I promise.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
Tjrommel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114674
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford white Sedan 5M

FF Reputation: 1 Tjrommel Good Standing Member
enigma hit it on the head! I/E/T is basically all there really is for the average joe and makes the car feel insanely fast. I have injen SP SRI (got on BTS for $120) with a k&N drop-in. I have the "Tom's Tune" which comes from a very friendly focus shop called "Focus-Power". I also am in the progress of fabricating an exhaust. The intake and tune really makes a huge difference. I compared stock vs my mods to my friend with a bone stock titanium 5sp and we did a pull in 3rd gear from 35-mph and I was a semi and a half in front of him by the time I had hit . the Tune costs around $400. The most important mod I suggest is a new rear motor mount (you can use the electric focus mount) That will literally be the best $35 you have ever spent!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
TKE421
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101988
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 TKE421 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
^^ I couldn't agree more!!! I'm running a custom Injected Engineering tune, with Aric's one-off IE 3" CAI Intake, and a 2.5" exhaust....these cars love the mods! If you have a auto, like I do, the tune on the transmission combined with the engine tune is a glorious thing!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #7
bassfreake
Focus Enthusiast

I have a stick but my question was whether I could use parts for an ST because I can't find hardly any parts for my SE... I've found a flow master exhaust but that's it... And idk where to go for the tune... Would an ST exhaust fit on an SE? And if so would it really make any more of a difference than the SE exhaust that flow master has?
Old 06-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #8
Juicedz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108814
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE, 5sp

FF Reputation: 3 Juicedz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfreake View Post
I have a stick but my question was whether I could use parts for an ST because I can't find hardly any parts for my SE... I've found a flow master exhaust but that's it... And idk where to go for the tune... Would an ST exhaust fit on an SE? And if so would it really make any more of a difference than the SE exhaust that flow master has?
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348274
Hatch Nation#24 168whp 153wtq

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->