Centennial Badge Question - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-19-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
Black&Tan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9971
What I Drive: '06 Liquid Grey SES hatch

FF Reputation: 8 Black&Tan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Centennial Badge Question

I want to move the centennial badge on the right middle of my trunk to the spot where my ford oval used to be to clean the back of my car up a little. I've considered removing it altogether and just leaving the side markers, but I like the overall look of the badge and I like to advertise that I have a centennial edition.

My thought was to somehow either find an oval shaped centennial badge, or make one out of the existing badge. I initally thought the badge was metal and considered taking it off and grinding it down to an oval shape, but when I started to remove it, the feel of that sucker struck me as plastic, and i'm concerned that cutting down a plastic emblem will look like crap and i'll end up losing the thing altogether.

Anyone know if the badge is, in fact, plastic, and if so, anyone know if i can find an oval centennial edition badge? Or have tips on how I might grind it down anyways and still make it look good? I have a friend who is a jeweler and was thinking of asking her to fabricate a metal oval that i could epoxy the badge to after i filed it down to hide the rough edges of the plastic badge and any discoloration that might occur.

I just think an oval centennial emblem stuck right where that ford emblem should be with a completely cleaned up back end would look hot.

Black&Tan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #2
S2
Retired Fanatic

Fan#: 4939
What I Drive: Camaro 2SS/RS

FF Reputation: 67 S2 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Do you got any pics of the centennial badge. I've personally only seen a centennial edition once but just driving past me.

I don't believe there is an oval centennial badge, your probably going to have to go to a custom idea.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:16 PM   #3
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I'm sure there's no oval badge, and I'm fairly certain the one you have is plastic.

The idea of epoxying it to a metal oval could be cool, I like the idea of the Centennial in the middle. If it doesn't work, you still have the side badges...
Old 03-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #4
BuckWyld
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 20393
FF Reputation: 1 BuckWyld Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
hey if you remove it can you take a picture with out any badge there, i would like to see how it looks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks