SVT known issues to....... - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-01-2005, 11:42 AM   #31
Hiroto
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 21214
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF Red

FF Reputation: 1 Hiroto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello my fellow focus nuts! I'm new to this forum. I have only one concern with my 03 so far, and that is noise issues.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2005, 03:53 PM   #32
svt4chris
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8821
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT 3-door

FF Reputation: 1 svt4chris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
My only real problem so far is the clutch, which was replaced under the TSB.

Also, my heat shield on my cat fell off (they put it back on), and I had a loose transmission cross-member (or something like that), but nothing else that I know of. I kept thinking that the engine was too loud, but I've finally come to terms with the fact that it's just the fuel injectors.

About the stock SVT seats: I know that the thickness of the leather isn't all that wonderful, but if you really do put in some time with the leather conditioner, shouldn't that make a lot of difference? Because I'm guessing that a reason why higher-end makes have such nice seats is that they're conditioned and stuff before they're actually put in the car or something like that.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #33
urbancoyote
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 20802
What I Drive: 2002 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 urbancoyote Good Standing Member
My only issue is the lack of money in my wallet to keep putting performance parts in my car.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:28 PM   #34
Hiroto
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 21214
What I Drive: 2003 SVTF Red

FF Reputation: 1 Hiroto Good Standing Member
Ok, I'm gonna go into a small rant about my car. I would credit most of the problems I've had to the lousy service I've been getting from two dealerships. First off, I bought the car brand new out of the showroom for 19,5 from a non svt dealership. Service was crappy. So then I switch to a so-called "SVT" dealership and same thing. Right now my car is out in the driveway completely undriveable. Neither one of my keys will unlock the steering wheel or ignition. Also when I go to adjust the tilt, it has way to much side/side play. It was never like that before. I'll tell you why it's this way now........
I took it in for service. I've been hearing weird sounds coming from the front of the car. I can only describe it as a clunking/creaking sound that only happens when I get on the gas or let off. They looked at it and told me that the steering column needed to be replaced
I said ok, do whatever needs to be done. I get it back and upon leaving the dealership I noticed that the brake light switch is dangling. Ok, I put it back where it belongs everything's cool or so I thought. I go back a week later and tell them that the sound is still there. They have me take one of the technicians for a ride. I hear the sound four times, )he said he only heard it twice) His advice.......wait until it gets worse, and then bring it back in.
Now, I'm just the customer here and if I had to make an educated guess, i'm starting to think that it may be a motor/transmission mount. If I'm right, then they need to pay me for diagnosing the problem

Tomorrow should be interesting .........

Last edited by Hiroto; 04-03-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #35
svt medic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10460
What I Drive: 04 Infra-Red focus SVT 3 door #434 of 1978 Born November 11th 2003

FF Reputation: 1 svt medic Good Standing Member
Anyone who needs a new svt wheel can get em for 120 new. I forgot the site name I'll get it and post it thought.P.s. 13,000 miles on my 04 svt and no probs.
( VVTI This)
(SVT Squad # 198)
Old 05-19-2005, 11:43 AM   #36
..:: sleestak ::..
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

Points 14,456, Level 78
Points: 14,456, Level: 78 Points: 14,456, Level: 78 Points: 14,456, Level: 78
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
I just got my SVT last month and I am noticing the sticky TB...at least I am thinking that is what is happening.

Once the car is at about 3500+ and the clutch is depresses w/o gas...the RPMs take their good ol time crawling back down to idle. It was a certified preowned vehicle and the dealer still wants to charge me 120 bucks just to look at it?!

I realize that there was a recall on that, but my car is not listed for the recall....so what happens now? I noticed a few people had their TBs fixed...what did they do to it to fix it? Just clean it? And would I be better off dumping the 250 for a 65mm one to just replace the stock one?

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues
Old 05-19-2005, 12:30 PM   #37
Daeron
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20554
What I Drive: 03 Pitch Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Daeron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
As far as I know, there was no recall on the TB. If you are wanting a better response, then your best bet is to get an aftermarket TB. From what I understand, they make it feel like butter
#2277 of 3985 born on 5/27/03
SVT Squad #20

SCT XCal2 (Hypnotic), AEM CAI, VR rear engine mount, FC ORP, FRPP STS, FC 2pc UDP, Eibach Pro-Kit springs/KYB AGX dampers, FRPP HIDs, Sony CDX-M8815X, Pioneer TS-A6880R front speakers, 16" Rota Grid (Royal Gunmetal) w/Falken Azenis RT615's

2004 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra Convertible, Mystichrome
#292 of 1896
Old 05-19-2005, 10:15 PM   #38
04SvTgurl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20697
What I Drive: 04 CD Silver SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 04SvTgurl Good Standing Member
I have an 04 svt.. and i havent had one problem so far.. (knock on wood)....It does bog a little bit.. but its nothing a tune wont fix

~SVT squad # 136 ~
Old 05-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #39
..:: sleestak ::..
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

Points 14,456, Level 78
Points: 14,456, Level: 78 Points: 14,456, Level: 78 Points: 14,456, Level: 78
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Yeah, I am pretty sure that I will end up with an aftermarket TB when all is said and done. Afterall, if you are going to fix something, you might as well upgrade it, eh?

While we are on the subject, anyone have any issues with that cable that comes off the TB and over the top of the engine? Seems like there is a substantial bit of rubbing there and I am wondering how that wears on the cable and the cover.

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues
Old 05-24-2005, 02:30 PM   #40
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally posted by ..:: sleestak ::..
While we are on the subject, anyone have any issues with that cable that comes off the TB and over the top of the engine? Seems like there is a substantial bit of rubbing there and I am wondering how that wears on the cable and the cover.
Yep...
And...
NOPE...Ford won't do anything about it, until those cables wear completely through the valve cover.
FF-Thread...>>>My First Problem-Cables Scraping Valve Cover
SVTOA-Thread...>>>My First Problem-Cables Scraping Valve Cover

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.